BITMEX

Hey anons who else comfy trading on bitmex?

Attached: comfy.jpg (283x297, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/register/JclysK
testnet.bitmex.com/
bitmex.com/register/JclysK),
coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
bitmex.com/app/perpetualContractsGuide#funding
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CoMFY

Attached: 1510334499789.png (1793x1313, 140K)

gambling pieceof shit

Trusting mexicans with money

Attached: bitmexpemexallthesameshit.jpg (284x177, 14K)

gotta increase those stacks boi

>many trading pairs but all settle in btc
>btc is going to be worthless soon

lol

what's your strategy, senpai?

Attached: 2012-0425-002-682x1024.jpg (682x1024, 76K)

comfy wtf if you are shorting it will paint a nice green dildo in your ass

never use 50x or 100x user-san only 10x for extra comfyness. 25x only if youre on that high grade but watch that liquidation price, better to lose 50% than get liquidated.

Attached: hunnapepe.png (502x252, 142K)

Its gonna drop some more so you better accumulate, then its gonna get pumped by institutional money and then I dont give a fuck cause ill be cashing out. maybe rinse and repeat.

Its all a game, learn to play it and keep your mind on your riches.

Attached: all_seeing_eye.png (227x230, 5K)

LITERALLY....

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-11-26-at-4.14.07-PM.png (970x545, 595K)

why did they remove some trading pairs today?

im with you bruh, been hitting 100%+ a few days in a row. shit is comfy af
shut
the fuck
up

if you use anything less than 10x your a certified pussy with a degree in pussynomics. why the fuck would you use low leverage when the signs are as obvious as the past few days? all you had to do was short at 9200-8800 and you'd be up 1000% in btc instead of trying to accumulate shit coins that are probably going to tank some more. fucking idiots i swear

Yes user, see attached.

Attached: bitmextoday.png (1091x84, 98K)

sminem on suicide watch

hell ye senpai!

Attached: 123346253236.jpg (1815x90, 38K)

anyone considering longing XRP? Yes it's a shitcoin, but it will blow up again I'm sure.

how do you time your entry and exit positions?

Attached: 1437547772491.jpg (736x1104, 170K)

HEDGED and comfy. heads I win tails you lose

How do I into Bitmex as an American? Anyone have any free proxies they use?

goddamn wish i was this rich, how the fuck

i'm below my initial investment so im gambling on bitmex like a degenerate
feels bad man

let me hold .1 btc my bro XD good shit

biz bros can you point me to a good beginner's guide on this bitmex shit

Preach it user. Aint nothing more cancerous than the blind creed of the HODL cult.

Attached: lifeisastateofmind.jpg (400x225, 39K)

brought a tear to my eye.
keep it real gs

Attached: ThePassageOfTime.jpg (628x378, 68K)

youtube is your friend. i wouldnt use more than 10% of your portfolio because you might get greedy and lose it all, fast. depends on your ta and emotions. experience over time will be your best teacher.

look up free vpn add-ons for your browser
you can use an american ip after signing up they don't care
use someone's ref link and you get a fee discount

>larper who just discovered inspect element

The videos on YT are so bad, the uploaders are beginners themselves.

Idiot. MEX stands for Mega Exit Scam

fuck me, 22 BTC, well played. What's your next moves?

I don't margin trade much man, dkryptlive is the best dude on twitter to follow as my own TA is pretty weak and he's honest and clear.

In this market though, it's been clear for the past 2 weeks thant BTC was going for a double bottom.
luck man, I had about 1.2 BTC to kick me off a week ago. Bare in mind thats only 7-8% of my overall portfolio which is mainly OMG, NAS, AMB, LINK
shorting to 6k my man.

napoleon didnt actually ruin the sphinx
look it up

i plan on exiting my short somewhere between 6000-6400

i got no idea when to long

thats right he didnt. Its just a nice metaphor for the passing greatness of men.

I'm considering longing some of the ALTs when BTCs bottomed out.
THey'll recover quicker for sure.
Eth 5-10x long for a few weeks is a sure thing right?

Maybe not. Remember all the ICOs are carrying ETH and are probably looking for a good time to drop it. Personally I'd only trade on BTC, the alts are too unpredictable.

No the biggest holders of eth are scam icos who will think "I should have sold last week" at every attempted pump.

Better to short ETH imho, it still has room to fall. Too many bad news and Vitalik openly says he doesnt give a shit about the price and would love for it to get cheaper.

can't inspect element on bitmex professor poorfag

This. Are there no good videos or guides anyone has found? I mainly want to learn the difference between the three different prices Bitmex displays, I have no idea how closely they are correlated to BTC. It seems like no matter if you long or short, you are going to lose money for a couple minutes due to the difference between all the different prices.

Its going ok user. Have good and bad days. For example yesterday got liquidated .2btc x25 margin. Recovered by the end of the day breaking even by scalping on x50.

Start small and just do it until you lean how it works. YOu can bet with peanuts if you really want to. Once you realize how easy it is you'll look at hodlers like the retards tehy are.

Here guys, I hope this guide is going to help you.

First, note that you do get 10% off fees for 6 months if you sign up through a referral link. It can be any referral link. You can (and I hope) you use mine:

bitmex.com/register/JclysK

Even if you don't use mine, use someone's because it's 10% off fees, which adds up.

So, I kept seeing the Bitmex wrecked twitter thing and seeing mentions of leverage all over Jow Forums, but had absolutely no idea what it all meant. It also looked too complicated to me so I've always ignored it. Got bored some time ago and it's actually much simpler than it seems. There's a ton of guides that go super in-depth and those made absolutely no sense to me, so I'm going to explain it from an idiot's perspective.

First of all, the draw of Bitmex is you can do what's called Leveraged trading. In the simplest terms possible, it means you multiply your percentage gains/losses. If you go 10x leverage long on bitcoin and bitcoin gains 1%, you gain 10% more money. This is super cool for impatient people like me because it allows you to trade more actively without getting wrecked by fees, and it's ridiculously exciting.

Bitmex doesn't allow US users, but supposedly, all you need to do is register under a VPN and you're good to go. I used ExpressVPN. It is a paid VPN, but they have a 30 day money back guarantee. You can register on Bitmex with it, then cancel. Or keep it because it's actually a super nice program.

Once you're registered, deposit some BTC into your Bitmex wallet. When you first open the trade screen it's going to look super complicated. It's not. Clicl on "Account" on the upper part. Check what it says under "Wallet Balance". If you have 0.0067 XBT, thats' roughly $67. If you have deposited a BTC equivalent of $700, you should have around 0.0700 XBT.

Part 2:

By the way: withdrawing your money from Bitmex costs about $100 - every time. This money doesn't got to Bitmex. It goes to the Bitcoin blockchain (google: multisignature bitcoin). So think wisely what you want to deposit. I recommend starting with $100, just to get a feeling. If you get good or are lucky and turn it to $500, you can withdraw $400. If you turn it to $107, you can withdraw..$7..the $100 goes to the BTC blockchain.
Buying Long on a coin means you expect it to go up. Buying short on a coin means you expect it to go down. Playing those buys works like any other Exchange (i.e. Binance). You can set a limit price to buy in at and an amount. to buy.

Now you want to pick your leverage. In the menu below that, there's a slider. Again, each multiplier of leverage means every 1% = your leverage multiplier. 1% gain with a 25x leverage means 25% gain. I would start with 2x/3x leverage until you get a good handle on things.

The Cost number below the buy long/buy short number is the big one here. With leverage, you're essentially putting loaned money toward a coin. With 10x leverage, you can buy 1 BTC even if you only have .1 BTC (this is why the percentage gains are so drastic). However, this means you can lose it as well.

Let's say you bought 1 BTC at $10000, Long at 10x leverage (So you put in $1000). If BTC dropped 10% to $9000, you would lose all $1000 you put in. If it went to $11000, you would gain $1000 and double your money. Bitmex will auto "liquidate you" if you drop too far and don't have any more money to cover (10x leverage means if it drops more than 10% you lose all the money you put in. 25x leverage means if it drops more than 4% you lose all your money).

You can change orders on the fly and constantly adjust. Let's say BTC raised to $10100 (1%). You could then sell your long order and you will have gained 10% and now you can invest your $1100.

Part 3:

Like I said, there's a ton of guides out there that go into the more fancy TA and ways you can adjust orders, but this should provide a quick overview to get you started. They have a testnet site where you can practice with fake money first as well. The link to their testnet is:
testnet.bitmex.com/

If you decide to use their testnet, you have to sign up with a new, separate account. I recommend depositing $100 and start to play around / trade on the real exchange. The psychology of trading can make or break you, so it's good to learn more about yourself - how you react when you lose, how greedy or disciplined you are, etc. This is only possible with real money.

can somebody explain to a noob what all these columns mean?

Can I get some tips from the mex vets? I've been slowly getting better. Playing with fun money of course nothing Ican't lose. Despite the small amount I get super into it, lol.

When I started I kept getting blown out, but now I'm at the point where I keep breaking even. This is for BTC, not alts. I do well trading alts. My win rate is super high compared to the king. I was actually doing pretty good until yesterday my stop didn't trigger and I took a loss that wiped out a week of gains.

Help me out brotha's. I'll never give up.

Part 4

In a market like this your can make more money when BTC us crashing than you can chasing moon missions if you know what you're doing, just by trading BTC, no need to touch altcoins.

Why are you missing out on these gains? BitMEX is the only crypto exchange in the world that offers 100X leverage (but it's not because you can that you must, go small and work your way up).

Let me explain what this means. So lets say you were to have shorted (placed a sell order) for BTC at $10 000. Let's also say you only have .1 BTC to trade with, or $1 000 worth. With .1 BTC at x10 leverage you can sell 1 BTC. Then for every dollar BTC goes down, your position is worth $1 more. Say BTC goes to $8 000, if you close your position you then get the difference which is $2 000 in profit paid to you in BTC, that's a 200% profit

I would suggest you learn TA before you start trading. You can train using their testnet (free).
You want a moon mission? BitMEX is your moon mission.

Euros and others can sign up but US users are banned (just sign up with a proxy and then you can login from a US IP with no questions asked). If you're going to sign up use my reference code (bitmex.com/register/JclysK), using a reference code gives you a %10 discount in fees. May not sound like much but it's saved me hundred of dollars in the past weeks

- Interface is amazing with professional grade advanced order types
- Liquidity it offers is completely unmatched, it's the biggest exchange volume wise: coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
- BTC deposits take less than 10 minutes: just 1 confirmation from the network needed
- Never down, no shady flash crashes caused by website being down like Poloniex does

Well done boys, holy fuck!! Please can you lads share some wisdom with a pleb? Do you just look at price action with no indicators or wha?

Part 5

0. x100 leverage is pure gamble I can not stress this enought, use lower leverage

1. Read the docs and make sure you understand exactly how the contracts work (both futures and swap), profit/loss calculation and how liquidation works. Make sure you understand the difference between mark price and index price.

2. x1 shorts are way to cash out without using the Tether time bomb or Fiat:
Say you have 1 BTC which is worth 10 000$ at a given time in bear market and you think it's doing to dip further you short sell 10 000$ worth of contracts which will cost 1 BTC
A few months latter BTC @ 5 000$ and is bullish again, you decide to go long again so you buy back/close your short position you still have 10 000$ worth of contracts so you have now 2 BTC.
You can even get paid funding rates for holding your position + makers fee for going shortbitmex.com/app/perpetualContractsGuide#funding
If you're "cashing out" long term and you don't want to pay funding fees use futures contracts (XBTH18, XBTM18) not the swap contract (XBTUSD)

3. The interface may seem a bit complex to some, don't let that discourage you, it has very advanced order types and you can practive with testnet BTC (get some from a faucet) on bitmex's testnet.
Make some trades on the testnet to confirm your understanding of the contracts and the site in general.

4. I prefer trading on Cross. It's very important to not trade too many contracts, I trade 1 contract at a time. I strongly recommend not to trade so many contracts that your are more than 2x leveraged. Ideally less than 1x, at least in the beginning.

5. Don't forget to set a stop loss, plan your trades and trade your plans.

Trading with above x5 leverage is a lot harder than most people think. By far most traders on there lose money because they use too much leverage, those that trade with x100 leverage lose all their money, so don't use that.

>if you use anything less than 10x your a certified pussy with a degree in pussynomics
Assuming you don't acknowledge yourself as a gambling degenerate, how exactly do you make consistent trades on >10x when any sudden spike in volatility will liquidate you.

>all you had to do was short at 9200-8800 and you'd be up 1000% in btc
hindsight 20 20 right?

Do I look comfy to you?

Attached: 1519438283627.jpg (1572x1404, 280K)

BitMEX is the place for pro traders

while your shitcoins on Binance tanking, people are making a bank on BitMEX

cuckHOLDER

spotted the jellyfag, how would you inspect element this AJAX or Flash whatever website?