Ecosia

Naturefag here, anyone here using Ecosia? How does their privacy protection hold up against Chrome?

Attached: ecosia.png (1200x800, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ecosia.org/ecosia-financial-reports-tree-planting-receipts/
wwwa.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally what is this virus shit and why are you shilling here

This sounds very good.

Part of the money earned with ads is used to cover their costs (servers, salaries, savings, publicity, etc.), while the rest is donated to different reforestation projects.
One thing I like of them is how they make public their financial reports: blog.ecosia.org/ecosia-financial-reports-tree-planting-receipts/

I use their browser extension. It's nice that by searching for stuff you contribute to planting trees. I think when it comes to privacy anything legit is better than google.

Attached: 1492644106939.png (1000x1000, 244K)

>Naturefag
cringe

>How does their privacy protection hold up against Chrome?
can you really be worse than chrome in terms of privacy?

Attached: 1567240294486.png (600x550, 33K)

wwwa.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk

Fun Fact, the father of this guy on the left is also a singer, he had a couple of shows in our city

Now, as for the son, he got into contact with drugs and it took him long to come clean but he started recording songs again

>I use their browser extension
That makes me happy, thank you

Attached: wdqwe5234dq.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

this

the world is deforesting faster than this "ecosia" shit can keep up with by sparingly planting trees. its like trying to fill a pool with a hole at the bottom

The world isn't deforesting - it is being deforested.
Ecosia is doing it's part, there are more organizations that plant trees alike.
If as they say 45 searches equal 1 tree, so be it. The more people search the better. Imagine if everyone just gave up because they think it doesn't make much difference. Each person brings a brick to build a wall, then if more people give one brick each, we'll build a house.

Attached: 1489699130406.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

What you don’t take into account is that established rainforests start to fracture after certain tipping points are hit even with no help from mankind.

Just like the fires in Everglades, it's something that occurs naturally and without human influence heals itself overtime. And how much the fires are spreading definitely isn't natural. What people broke - people shall also fix.

Attached: 1493758941212.png (692x749, 553K)

>being deforested
yeah that's exactly what I mean
I really don't believe this one company or even a few is gonna put a dent into the problem. what needs to happen is to have laws be set in place to stop the deforestation, and anyone breaking them to be charged for it as criminals. also how do we even know ecosia is even doing a good job of planting trees and maintaining them? to me this is just another one of those gimmicks to make people feel good about themselves for using their supposed ecofriendly service, but not much of a difference really being made. I don't trust those niggas

Why would you use Chrome if you really care about privacy?

Yeah, just do nothing, that's a much better idea, why don't you have a nobel prize yet

I like the idea of ecosia, plating trees from income and stuff, but I like the idea of privacy better. And while it's certainly better than google, it's not as good as search engines like duckduckgo.

Have you heard anything about Sisyphus?
About his hard work but ultimately meaningless efforts?

Personally I use a browser that funds logging camps