Someone just bought $400 million worth of BTC

>An anonymous trader has sunk $400 million—enough to buy New York state’s most expensive home twice with change left over—into the cryptocurrency, raising his or her stake from 55,000 coins to more than 96,000 between Feb. 9 and Feb. 12. And that buy-in is already paying substantial returns.

>The bulk of the purchases took place on Feb. 9, with another 9,000 or so on Feb 12, according to publicly available data tracked by digital wallet provider Blockchain. And even if the buyer bought at the day’s peak, he, she, or it is looking at total gains so far of roughly $83 million.

>The current value of the buyer’s portfolio currently stands at nearly $1.1 billion.

>Whoever the investor was, it wasn’t his or her first time plunking down a lot of cash on Bitcoin. Their account was largely dormant before Dec. 12, when it went from holdings of 0.246 coins to 48,627 by the morning of Dec. 13. (Bitcoin, at the time, was going for about $17,000—meaning a rough investment of $827 million.)

Attached: F5B7FEA4-5E81-4E49-94FE-19513313F2F3.jpg (1125x1815, 868K)

based

article is from FEBRUARY 21st

amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/02/19/400-million-bitcoin-anonymous-investor?__twitter_impression=true

OTC?

No way is someone buying that much BTC market, wtf.

You could do it in waves. Especially easy in a bear market, just set a bunch of buy walls and let them get eaten

>her

Why would you buy bitcoin in the middle of a freefall like this?

it was ellen, she went all in on bitcoin

kek @ how they say "she'

Even worse:
> purchases took place on Feb. 9, with another 9,000 or so on Feb 12
> It's already almost April, just 1 day away.

Properly Satoshi tried to pump his coin?

>Their account was largely dormant before Dec. 12, when it went from holdings of 0.246 coins to 48,627 by the morning of Dec. 13. (Bitcoin, at the time, was going for about $17,000—meaning a rough investment of $827 million.)

Attached: 106fec798ce3bf30e5d14433c92669f6-d4yy342.jpg (300x198, 7K)

>put up a buy wall
>Mt.Gox fills it

>he, she, or it
Why not just use "they"? Is the writer seriously just doing it to virtue signal?

Check the date.

literally me

Attached: 1509698370309.png (497x381, 271K)

that is the grammatically correct way of saying it. It's in all the grammar and style books. "They" is plural. "They" is also used incorrectly by the "politically correct" to talk about someone while using a neutral pronoun; so, really, they are avoiding the virtue signaling.

o fuq - he or she* is avoiding

that's the one thing i hate the most about the trans movement, now we're supposed to break grammar rules to be inclusive. triggers me

"her"

This world is pathetic!

Attached: 1354_Janka2_1280196966.jpg (400x300, 20K)

Nigga pls, you know the writer cares more about being progressively inclusive than being grammatically correct.

anyone else wondering who gives a shit... that was a month ago.

lol hes down like 200m at least

bcash is just slightly less garbage than btc. Lightning and segwit will make btc better. The only people in bcash are people that like playing the villain in their pathetic crypto fantasy. They will betray bch and dump it, in time.

I think it's a woman with $1.1 billion.

People with that kinda money can afford to wait years unlike Jow Forums.

"It" is aimed on AI u dumbfuck

Even whales get dumped on by earlier investors

Attached: big money 2016.png (687x813, 393K)

Lightning and Segwit are memes. No one wants to use that shit. People on BCH side just wanted to fix the high fees and long confirmation times, by making a sensible and trival change to the Bitcoin code and increasing the 1MB blocksize. There has never been a valid reason to not increase it, so anyone resisting this change has ulterior motives. Originally blocksize was 32MB, it was decreased temporarily as a spam counter measure by Satoshi before he vanished

hold my beer

Attached: 1391013.png (200x200, 3K)

They know something you don't?

increasing the block size is a temporary solution. That solution would have you kill bitcoin cash and make bitcoin cash 2 at some point in the future. It's ridiculous, retarded even. You've been misled. It's just people trying to pump a worthless coin and I'm sorry you fell for it.

this but unironically

>"They" is plural
They has been used as singular for hundreds of years, but "he" was the more common word for neutral pronoun singular.

>Bitcoin, at the time, was going for about $17,000—meaning a rough investment of $827 million.
>investment

Just goes to show how much stupid money is in BTC...someone literally bought @ 17k and then @ 9k

Elon Musk bought them

Connor
@DeadlyBananas
22 Feb
Replying to @MichaelAVaughn @elonmusk
Right. I should've clarified, I realized that's not Elon. Meant to ask in general why is all the spam popping up lately?

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
Not sure. I let @jack know, but it’s still going. I literally own zero cryptocurrency, apart from .25 BTC that a friend sent me many years ago.

5:16 PM - Feb 22, 2018
276 people are talking about this