How do you forgive your parents Jow Forums?

Can't bring myself to forgive my family. My dad played literally no part in raising me, never taught me how to do anything practical, let alone letting me do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I think it fucked me up as a result.

Attached: pepe with whiskey.jpg (600x434, 15K)

Deefoo from them.

sell ur parents, buy bitcoin. thank me later

daddy was alcoholic and wasnt around after i was 10
mommy was overprotective and spoiled my yonger sibling while kicking me out at 18
havent talked to either in almost a decade

you need to accept that they are flawed people and did the best they could. there's nothing you can do beyond that

I'm with you OP

Boomer parents are the worst.
Raised by hippies or were hippies themselves thinking everything in life is easy and put 0 effort in raising their own kids.
Can't wait til they all die.

How can I begin this?
Maybe some where back at the time I was a high school student surrounded by a bunch of bully and an alcoholic mom. Back then the person I hate the most is my dad, he is a jerk who fuck mom up and ran away, leave me to her with nothing. But live y know always turn out some interesting shit. I meet him 2 years later while I was so depressed with my life and tried to end it. He came to me after all of that time and completely blow my fucking my mid up about what actually happen

By manning the fuck up and realising that everyone's life is a tragedy. You're not a special case, user.

get some jesus in yo life

>Check messages from dad on my phone
>Not a single "How are you?"
>Not a single casual conversation ever

I don't know him. I can tell he's very intelligent but honestly getting to know him on any meaningful level is impossible. He ALWAYS has his guard up.

>completely blow my fucking my mid up about what actually happen
don't leave us hanging.

Go all in on chainlink, once you make it you'll forgive them. If you had a normie upbringing you wouldn't be on this amazing god forsaken board

unironically this. find a latin mass

>everyone's life is a tragedy
kek

Attached: 14641614471.jpg (748x374, 77K)

>posting the exception as the rule
Nice contrarian attitude user. That'll take you far in life.

Nah your dad didn't fuck you up in how he raised you. Rather, he just gave you bad DNA.

Don't have kids.

I already am all in on chainlink lol

Blame the man in the mirror

>thinking it's a rare "exception"
good goy

I swear one of these days I will become Sam Hyde and autistically laugh at everything like a fucking idiot

you feel unfulfilled and you're looking for people to blame. forgive them user. their support would've made things easier, but you don't need it to be who you want to be.

>dad abandoned me at birth
>left with single mother working two jobs
>zero guidance
>drop out of high school
>work close to minimum wage
>depressed, lonely
>read a fuck ton and realize that it doesn't make sense to allow myself to be so lost in this life
>grab onto my balls
>study like my life depended on it
>enroll into CC
>transfer to a top 1% institution

going to school for free now studying engineering. happy as fuck. you can do it user. if your parents weren't the best, that's on them. everyone is flawed.

and once you're content with where you are, seek them out. tell them you forgive them. show them what you did without them, and give your kids everything.

Attached: 76543456788.jpg (1040x1421, 280K)

its a shame they failed at you somehow. people arent perfect. but you dont have to be a product of their fuck ups. dont let them define who you turn out to be. you seem to be a loser. stop bitching. dont expect other people to teach you. fuck that. go after the knowledge yourself. its up to you.

they should pay for what they did. thinking of ways to exact vengeance once i've made it

Did their best to neglect im sure.
Dad left after finding my mother fucking his best friend. Im 36 and moving said best friends lawn.
Jesus that sounds like some shakespearian evil shit. I should just kill them both right?

Was pretty much abandonment by both of my parents, both of the step-dads my mom married into. Kicked out the house at 16. Life has been kinda hard on me, buck fuck it. user, be there for yourself, nobody owns you shit and you can still make it on your own. I am struggling, marked for life by parental neglect, but it's an upwards stream at least.

Attached: 13.png (608x656, 412K)

>let alone letting me do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I think it fucked me up as a result.
lol wtf. First world problems in a nutshell. Jesus dude, no wonder the west is falling you white people are soft as fuck. Hear yourself you dumbfuck!
>oh no look at me daddy didn't discipline me and didn't beat me up. Now I'm fucked up as a result of my poor life choices! WOE IS ME

People like you are the reason why abuse by family members aren't taken seriously. My father beat me up, punched me, emotionally and psychologically abused me, made it a point that I was worthless and good for nothing, anything wrong was always my fault, if he forgot his slippers or his car keys, he would scream and take it out on me, doesn't lift a finger to help me when other people bully me, etc. This has eroded and destroyed my self-confidence and only now after finally getting therapy that I'm taking the pieces of my life back. Your "abuse" is nothing OP. Real solutions only apply to real problems. Yours is simply just whining that you fucked up and screwed up your own life as a result so you pass the blame to someone else, and the easiest scapegoat of course would be those close to you. Have some personal responsibility you pussy and maybe your life will become better. You only learn from your mistakes if you admit your mistakes.

This. OP is a fag.

I know how this feels, user. The absolute worst emotion a person can have outside of hate is self pity. Self pity is literally the most toxic thing to your mind and well being.

The HARDEST thing you will ever, ever face is taking that first step. It is so fucking hard, but you have to do it. You just have to.

It was the hardest thing for me to do too. I've fought in war, been to jail, had addiction issues, abussive alcoholic father and the list goes on.

I can't emphasize it enough that taking this first step is the HARDEST fucking thing you will ever have to do in your entire life. I swear to you on that.

If you do it, you will have conquered the rest of your life and you will never have to face it again until the day you die.

this

i feel you man. just now managing to get on my feet after that same hell.

> (OP)
>>let alone letting me do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I think it fucked me up as a result.
>lol wtf. First world problems in a nutshell. Jesus dude, no wonder the west is falling you white people are soft as fuck. Hear yourself you dumbfuck!
>>oh no look at me daddy didn't discipline me and didn't beat me up. Now I'm fucked up as a result of my poor life choices! WOE IS ME
>
>People like you are the reason why abuse by family members aren't taken seriously. My father beat me up, punched me, emotionally and psychologically abused me, made it a point that I was worthless and good for nothing, anything wrong was always my fault, if he forgot his slippers or his car keys, he would scream and take it out on me, doesn't lift a finger to help me when other people bully me, etc. This has eroded and destroyed my self-confidence and only now after finally getting therapy that I'm taking the pieces of my life back. Your "abuse" is nothing OP. Real solutions only apply to real problems. Yours is simply just whining that you fucked up and screwed up your own life as a result so you pass the blame to someone else, and the easiest scapegoat of course would be those close to you. Have some personal responsibility you pussy and maybe your life will become better. You only learn from your mistakes if you admit your mistakes.

Maybe you shouldn't of been a garbage son and remembered to bring your father's slippers dumbass.

>can't quote right because he's mad as fuck
>tries too hard to shitpost
Is that you OP? Face it, you are a fuck up and all that fuck up goes to you, not your family. Don't be a garbage human being, take some personal responsibility for your poor life choices and maybe you will turn your life around.

Uh oh user, we seem to have a problem here. Let me put it like this for you

>10 commandments
>honor thy mother and father

You don't want to burn in hell for all eternity do you? Let's hush with all this blasphemy, get a haircut, and get a job. Be grateful.... god is good user.

Deus vult

Attached: heretical.png (200x174, 65K)

Me too but my dad is a cool guy and I still love him.
Your dad probably just wanted you to have a happy childhood (and life) but you're autistic and would rather be miserable and blame him for it
How old are you? 16-21 I would guess

I had the easy comfy childhood but then I started meeting a lot of people with seriously fucked up childhoods and/or shitty parents that were not only uninvolved, but also antagonistic to the family as a whole
I can't speak for you as I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I'm pretty sure we won the parental lottery

i am so depressed. i have so much resentment towards my parents even though they didn't abuse me or beat me. they just have acted like i'm on my own since i was about 12 or 13. they have never given me advice for anything. they know nothing about me and it bothers me that they don't care. sometimes i dream about fighting my dad. i think it means i wish he cared enough to talk to me like a human instead of like a neighbor who actually lives far away

8.3/10 bait

I forgave my parents for their mistakes along time ago because I realize that they love me and despite their flaws were doing what they thought was best for me at the time. Not really their fault if they were wrong about some things since no one's perfect.
I don't have time or space in my life to hold grudges, just gotta move forwards and let the past be the past.

Of course, I'm sure many people here have parents who genuinely were complete assholes to them and I can understand not forgiving them if that's the case. I guess all I can say is that you should take the time to consider what your parent's motives were for their actions and mistakes, did they just make honest mistakes while trying their best to raise you or did they fuck you up by being abusive or not giving a crap about you?

The first step to forgiveness (or not forgiveness if you decide they genuinely don't deserve it) is understanding.

I feel you dude. Except it was my mom. But I forgave her because we were poor and that's all she ever knew. It is now up to me to make my life better and move forward.