I thought crypto was supposed to be cheaper and faster than traditional financial institutions? What the fuck is this...

I thought crypto was supposed to be cheaper and faster than traditional financial institutions? What the fuck is this? This outpaces the fuck out of most cryptos lmao and you’re transferring real money. Did we make a mistake?

Attached: 8D4D7FC2-9A5A-46ED-8A74-3920F79DDCC6.jpg (640x580, 171K)

Wait till you learn about contactless payments

>I thought crypto was supposed to be cheaper and faster than traditional financial institutions?
You missed the little exception there. It's only cheaper and faster than traditional financial institutions (that don't use the internet).

Any financial institution that uses the internet can do what crypto does, with the exception of being distributed/trustless/private, but there are next to zero mainstream uses for that.

>30 minutes is fast
Why are american banks so retarded, I have been able to do this in literally seconds for years.

Jesus Christ the memes are true Venmo is unstoppable and will cuck the shit out if REQ. It’s pure fucking cancer too, it displays all the normans payments (when and who they paid) and they can have their little profile picture and emojis next to their payments. Jesus fucking Christ I feel like shit right now. Normans are such sick creatures, they have to let the entire world know every little thing they do.

Venmo is like a fucking twitter feed for payments. I can’t handle this shit.

>30 minutes for a $0.25 fee

i can transfer bitcoin within ten minutes for a $0.15 fee, and other coins are even faster/cheaper

>30 minutes

Right but Bitcoin isn’t even real real money, and Normans get some weird social experience from Venmo where they try and show off who they’re with and how much they’re spending. Seriously you’ve got to see this shit, Im disgusted, I didn’t even know this was a thing. It’s a fucking social media site where Normans try to FOMO each other just like all the other social media sites. I’m actually a bit disturbed at how much these freaks are willing to share with the world.

Bitcoin was taking several hours a few months ago with enormous fees, it’s cheap and fast now because no one is using it. Let’s not pretend a quarter is some big deal.

Crypto is supposed to be decentralized censorship free no matter your ethnicity, criminal background or whatever.
Speed, transfer fees and convenience are all secondary functions which will get better with time.

Pic does not say up to how much you can send and still get the 30 mins $0.25 fee. Watch how long that would take if you want to send say 1 mill, between tax and anti money laundering authorities.

lol you can use zelle for free instant transfers. or google wallet with debit card for free instant transfers.

"better and faster than regular currency" was just a lie that was maybe truein 2011 but not anymore and not in the future.

its just something to help shill the ponzi. move along.

Yeah what do you expect dude theyre basically PayPal Jr. And PayPal added this functionality too so I get money from eBay sales and all really fast. PayPal will probably eat crypto alive or integrate it

I had no idea things had progressed this fast. No wonder nobody gives a fuck about “blockchains”. I feel like a retard. Why the guck does it still take so long to move money onto coinbase then?

I’ve been duped, there’s a whole social media culture around payments and payment requests between friends. Jesus Christ I want to die.

REQ is now useless

I’m sure it will be great for large transfers and accounting and auditing, but look at this cancer. I thought PayPal (which was kind of slow and clunky and expensive) was the gold standard for peer to peer payments. Venmo cucks the shit out of crypto. Normans love this shit, you can click on their account and see who they’ve paid, when, and for what. And all the transfers are feeless. Fucking hell man.

Attached: 92F1BDEB-5704-4D6B-8A05-310998B9A931.jpg (640x1009, 198K)

Someone seriously thinking the speed of transfer is the make it or break it factor for crypto?

In Europe instant transfer type systems have been available for years. Having lived in the us I can attest that the banking system there is truly archaic.

It’s not THE make or break but wasn’t that always one of the main selling points or am I gaslighting myself?

I guess it depends what you think is crypto's future function. I personally have never been big on the function as a currency idea, more so on the immutable smart contract aspect.

>30 minutes
>outpaces most cryptos
waste of quads familia
eth transfers take about 1 minute on average, and several smaller cryptos take just a few seconds

>burger education
your shitcoins aren't available in the rest of the world