Jow Forums has gotten slow again, almost at pre-spring 2017 levels

>Jow Forums has gotten slow again, almost at pre-spring 2017 levels
>no more chainlink / tron 300+ reply threads
>market is beginning to recover

who here /comfy/

maybe we are going to make it afterall

Attached: 1511131674719.jpg (600x502, 47K)

me, I don't think we're going lower than 3k, we'll bounce around 3-8k for a while I think. Accumulate now, the retards who got burned from scam coins will be back when the market picks up and will fomo back in

No one wants crypto...it is a value-less investment. People, including you, have bought into it because it was going up in price. That euphoria from making money with no effort deluded you into believing that cryptocurrency is some sort of revolution akin to the internet...really the only reason anyone got interested is because price was going up. Everyone now realizes it was dumb and will not buy back into useless cryptocurrencies.

Sorry, but that’s the reality. People think they are better than others for holding, but you’re just going to lose more money.

So you think if people thought Bitcoin had bottomed out and was going on a bullrun they wouldn't buy because they don't believe in the tech?

I don’t believe there are enough “greater fools” to sustain a bull run. People don’t rush back into buying an “asset” with no value through which they’ve lost money.

BTC will be below $1k before the end of July, my bias. We haven’t seen the major puking yet even. It will have small bounces on the way down, but that is from swing traders who won’t be able to get rid of this shit quick enough.

I could be wrong obviously, but I can’t see any logical reason as to why I am.

you focus too much on btc

who the fuck actual cares about that

im more interested in another 100x like pbl / nano than a shitty 2x with bitcoin

the next bull run wont be lead by btc

>market is beginning to recover

Attached: IMG_20180318_000635_589.jpg (263x192, 10K)

>immediately dodge question
>market nano

You’re deluding yourself into thinking that is possible though 2017 was a unique year where people en masse were tricked into bidding up the price on a bunch of internet tokens with no true value. There is still so much air beneath the price of these things. To think that people are dumb enough to drive up the price of something 100x again is not realistic. Many more people now see that crypto is not a safe investment. Any legitimate project that will grow insanely is going to require accreditation for investments and I imagine basically every existing crypto will become Pokémon cards for nerdy adults.

The niggers are unironically preparing to fomo @10k again. Daily reminder that Eugenics is literally doing the work of god.

Why don’t you just come out and say that you never traded crypto, don’t own crypto, don’t care for crypto, and therefore have a distaste for crypto. Because everything you are stating are merely opinions. Like it or not, there are a lot of brilliant minds working on blockchain crypto projects to solve problems. XLM and Stellar are prime examples. And look at the contribution Vitalik has contributed to blockchain technology and smart contracts. The thing people like you and others who think this is all vaporware is that even though volatility exists in crypto, just because the price of a token goes down, doesn’t mean that the technology stops being developed. Projects don’t stop just because the market slows down, developers don’t stop working, and building new technology. A handful of these companies in this space will make it and find adoption therefore making it valuable, the rest will fall off and die. Ergo one needs to researcha and invest in the right projects.

No offense, but your entire view of finance is so unrealistic because of crypto. Viewing an opportunity to double your money as “shitty.” You won’t be able to develop a healthy perspective on investing unless you realize how completely fucked ICOs have made your outlook.

Not only have I owned and traded crypto, I’ve made a fucking killing...especially by getting into XLM at 2 cents around September and dumping at 85 cents. I also got 90% out of the market in January when I saw what was happening.

I don’t tie my emotions up with investing though. That is what destroys a lot of people. Even with trading XLM, and understanding what they’re trying to do, I know it was nothing more than a glorified Western Union...not something that would change the world like Facebook or Amazon. Shit, PayPal and other money transfer platforms already accomplish what a lot of these cryptocurrencies do...not many people care much about paying 2% fee or 2.5%, and people want a centralized agency when dealing with their money.

As far as tokens go...basically none of them have a working product and they are so unrealistic in their purported use cases and ability to revolutionize the world (my bias).

I’m not trying to argue with anyone, just trying to help people to view their investments with objectivity. Most start ups go bust. Crypto is a bunch of startups that people think are special because they did an ICO...still just start ups with haughty visions.

Omg, Req, Link and Nano.
Pick four.

Unfortunately the “value” that people saw in crypto is that their price was going up and that they might make easy money. The price is now going down so there pretty much is no value to them. And I think there is still a long way to fall.

What about Enjin coin!? That has use and value I agree bitcoin sucks and has no value. But there are coins out there that will obviously make it

The fact that an asset can appreciate in value so quickly is what makes bitcoin itself valuable.

Bitcoin, not as a currency, but as an asset is in itself valuable because it's objective nature to increase in value and its fast liquidity. Any argument you made against bitcoin could easily be said for gold/silver yet it's easy to figure out why you wouldn't harp about those traditional investments: simply because you cannot wrap your head around why bitcoin might be valuable.

Now go learn something or read or a book.

>I’m not trying to argue with anyone
that's where you're wrong, friendo

>Any argument you made against bitcoin could easily be said for gold/silver yet it's easy to figure out

End your life shit. Gold cannot be produced in under an hour by a random guy like a crypto currency could b created

>creation of bitcoin through hashing somehow makes it less valuable then traditional investments

Nice argument. You're an idiot.

Gold and silver have much more utility than BTC and can also be transacted digitally and then just kept in holding for fees (same thing as BTC). Bitcoin is literally trying to be gold except without the gold. It is an interesting software, but double spending can be and has been avoided for centuries thanks to good accounting.

And just to reiterate, gold has tangible value as jewelry, in electronics, and in other industrial applications. BTC is a ledger with no tangibles.

I mean, it has potential, but I’ll stick with storing value in the modality that people have for millennia instead of taking a chance on people believing BTC is valuable when the shit hits the fan.

On top of everything, I think gold is priming to jump over $5k per oz.

I do like how people on Jow Forums talk so much shit about “snowflakes,” but immediately resort to the same name-calling tactics to shut down discussion as soon as someone disagrees.

It’s okay for someone to hold a different POV.

You and me both know god damn well that gold is trading at $1300 an OZ not because if it's traditional use in jewelry/electronics but because investors buy it for it's speculative value. Saying gold is valuable for its tangible use case is pure naivety.

But, besides the point, I would agree gold is without a doubt a safer asset because of its history but buying/selling/trading gold is a much bigger pain then bitcoin, which its authenticity is proven automatically through the network and the easy ability to keep hold of your personal asset yourself. How long would it take you to receive physical gold, assuming you want to store your asset yourself? The threat of your gold being faked? The threat of your personal gold being stolen?

He can have whatever opinion he wants, but I can also tell him his opinion is stupid. And it was stupid. I'm not here to sugar coat anything.

I think gold’s value is determined by lots of factors, speculation being just one. Have you ever bought gold online? It is just as easy as buying crypto. As far as receiving it physically...of course it is harder, but that is a moot point because there is no physicality to BTC.

I also think your other points are pretty moot too. You’d have to be a real idiot to buy fake gold at gold’s price and I think it would be way easier to scam someone through crypto than with gold.

BTC 100% comes down to convincing people that it is a better store of value than good. I don’t think a good store of value SHOULD be very liquid. No one uses gold to directly buy things anymore, and fiat will always exist.

BTC is interesting, sure, but I think its value has been GROSSLY blown out of proportion.