Storing Gold

So kind of a silly question. I've began to diversify my investments by accumulating gold but I'm not totally sure where to keep it. Do you guys just use a safe at your house or a safe deposit box?

Attached: Gold.jpg (900x900, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SXFLZub7DaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bruh how much gold are we talking
1kg worth is 40k usd
You don't need a large safe unless you're roleplaying as smaug
Are you smaug

Attached: IMG_20170930_141140.jpg (298x305, 15K)

Bolt a safe to the ground you fucking retard? Why the flying fuck would you ever keep it anywhere besides you

You'll think I'm stupid, but my diversification also shows in my way of storing PM's
I seriously store it in different places around the house and in the safe deposit box.
I have done it after being robbed- safe deposit box holds the most and then it's scattered around the house.
If you have a safe in your home it's an obvious place to rob.

Go full old person and store it in every nook and cranny of your house.
Though desu I'm most worried about a house fire than anything else, probably going to get a safe deposit box for some of my stuff.
Plus you'd really need two safes, one decoy and one hidden

i put it in my butt no one knows i have it there except for u guys now

Buy 100 acres and bury it. Then make a cool treasure map

>I have done it after being robbed
Get an alarm even if you don't pay for the service

Best plan so far

What's with all the god damn bait threads with obvious ass answers on this board

>previous thread: help I have 200k what do I invest in

I had the alarm....Unfortunatelly people who robbed me were people I knew, so I fucked up that way.
Now everyone knows I have 0 gold and am investing only in crypto.

larp shitposting because people want to keep dreaming.

This.

Fire is my fear as well.
No idea how to make it scattered yet accessible fast kek

Ever hear of a metal detector?

Please send gold to this wallet. I keep safe and store for you. End of year I send back all of gold times 2.

1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX

you must be new, 90% of Jow Forums was filled with these threads everyday until crypto shit posters came in

Firstly, only buy coins like Krugerrand or British full Sovereigns. They are much easier to shift than bullion itself if you need cash in an emergency, which I'm assuming is part of why you want gold. Secondly, you will need an orange mesh bag, a biscuit jar, and some hobnobs. No one will look in the biscuit jar, user.
>pic related

Attached: 3A16FB72-2E06-4F3C-A8C8-7F451AA03357.jpg (355x303, 29K)

Gold is retardedly expencive now.

I agree, no signs of long term bull. Neutral at best. Silver has been consolidating for 10 years

Attached: 1520232177552.gif (480x270, 655K)

i just hold the paper

>inb4 what if SHTF
i'm also invested in lead

>> lead
Reloading?

It's pretty believable
>Unfortunatelly people who robbed me were people I knew, so I fucked up that way.
>Now everyone knows I have 0 gold and am investing only in crypto.
I hope you have a decoy for this too. Me and my friends talk about crypto too, but I'm paranoid that the wrong kind of crowd will find out. Better to be prepared with a usb containing shitcoins and junk silver "hidden" just in case.

Well you can't completely protect against it. The best bet is probably a little bit of everything, there's always a trade off. And primarily keep stuff in a safe deposit box, I think a small one is only $30-50 a year, and gold doesn't take up much space.

Ever hear of a gold detector?
No?
I'm talking about storing it with random junk, not your herb garden.

>storing it with random junk
You're going to store it with more precious metals? Because that random junk isn't going to do shit. A metal detector can detect whether it's garbge, bronze, silver or gold.

Melt it down and turn it into a toilet seat. Then paint is silver. No one would steal a silver toilet seat.

Our jewelry safe is welded to a huge support beam. That's not going anywhere.

Store it in a black couldron with boiling water inside.

I store my gold in my bathroom, nobody thinks about that place.

I keep gold, silver, guns, ammo and crypto (paper wallets) in my safe at home. Now if your bank has safe deposit boxes that might be better choice.

Literal junk. If someone walks through a house with a metal detector it's going to be beeping at everything.
Can they actually detect the type of metal?

What if someone puts a gun to your head? They know something good is in the safe

wouldn't gold be unaffected by the fire?

not a bad idea

Attached: 1469292430949.png (266x240, 83K)

Well you'd have to find it from the rubble and coins would no longer be coins.
Metal ammo tins would probably help in this regard, though it would still melt to shit.

Don't use a safe deposit box. Banks close and it restricts access. Have more than one place that you keep it. youtu.be/SXFLZub7DaU

Gotta go full rapper tier and always keep people lingering at your house keeping an eye on things.

>thief eats all of your chocolate coins

>Can they actually detect the type of metal?
Yes. Every kind of metal has different properties.

>The biggest technical change in detectors was the development of the induction-balance system. This system involved two coils that were electrically balanced. When metal was introduced to their vicinity, they would become unbalanced. What allowed detectors to discriminate between metals was the fact that every metal has a different phase response when exposed to alternating current. Scientists had long known of this fact; in time detectors were developed that could selectively detect desirable metals, while ignoring undesirable ones.

Even with discriminators, it was still a challenge to avoid undesirable metals, because some of them have similar phase responses e.g. tinfoil and gold, particularly in alloy form. Thus, improperly tuning out certain metals increased the risk of passing over a valuable find. Another disadvantage of discriminators was that they reduced the sensitivity of the machines.

Yeah. Most of mine is in a safe deposit box. But it still leaves enough in the house to be afraid of fire.
I'm thinking to just develop a mindset like I did with crypto- the money in it I consider lost. The best I can do I guess.
Crypto is no secret because it's my " lunch money only" - at least that's what everyone knows.
No need to be afraid of crypto desu
It's volatile AF but with just fundamental trading knowledge it is profitable.

I also buy scrap gold for 80% of spot from the " general public" and can sell to a dealer for 95% any time - that's my fast exit strategy and I'm working on some more outlets cause 1 point is also a 1 point of failure.

Bury gold in a specified spot only you know. Use a portable shovel to recover. Like a wooded area where NOBODY goes and you know they don't.

This was the first iteration. Now it's more accurate.

>At the same time, developers were looking at using a different technique in metal detection called pulse induction.[8] Unlike the beat frequency oscillator or the induction balance machines which both used a uniform alternating current at a low frequency, the pulse induction machine simply magnetized the ground with a relatively powerful, momentary current through a search coil. In the absence of metal, the field decayed at a uniform rate, and the time it took to fall to zero volts could be accurately measured. However, if metal was present when the machine fired, a small eddy current would be induced in the metal, and the time for sensed current decay would be increased. These time differences were minute, but the improvement in electronics made it possible to measure them accurately and identify the presence of metal at a reasonable distance. These new machines had one major advantage: they were mostly impervious to the effects of mineralization, and rings and other jewelry could now be located even under highly mineralized black sand. The addition of computer control and digital signal processing have further improved pulse induction sensors.

You are right about that!
I got myself a dog too.
He doesn't like new people and only kind of likes the ones that he knows.
Training wasn't that complicated desu

>Bury gold in a specified spot only you know. Use a portable shovel to recover. Like a wooded area where NOBODY goes and you know they don't.
Someday I'll have that backwoods mountain house with gold buried around the yard...

Cool didn't know that. Do you metal detect as a hobby?

>Do you metal detect as a hobby?
Nah, but they're cool devices.

deposit box - why? safest and likely insured

if its not safe there, the situation is probably as shitfucked for anyone to care anymore

you could always keep some gold in your home though - whatever amount you don't deem to high to be robbed off or maybe be lost in a fire or scenario where you can't go back anymore

--
real dumb question - does it make sense to buy silver/gold stocks? i don't think you'll pay taxes for silver stocks unlike physical silver (europe)

Attached: 3.jpg (400x400, 28K)

learn how to keyster bunny

Attached: 7547547547537538.jpg (450x281, 16K)

Attached: 1491640246529.png (670x503, 249K)

>I don't have 30 thousand dollars lying around. I have it buried very deeply, and I don't want to dig past a certain someone to get it.

do you have a plastic safe? im pretty sure my liberty safe that is bolted to the concrete base of my house with 4in nickel rods is going to take approximately 8 hours. that being said the robber better show up with a welding machine. or he could just put a gun to my head and game over guess id go out and trust my safe will last

Any welds can be undone by torch or grinder. Your safe isn't safe unless it's sealed shut in a concrete wall.

Both

if you have no alarm no cameras on your safe no German shepherd guarding your safe and the damn guy can set up shop and torch grind your safe open for 7 hours. you deserve it.

Anyone who thinks their metal detector can actually discriminate gold from other metal is full on retarded. Shit detectors worth $100 claim they can but expensive detectors worth $11000 don't claim, do the math dickheads

Many rich people I know hide it in the obvious. Cover it with rubber and use it as a doorstop- what no way anyone would use 1kg of gold as a rubber covered doorstop? I know one guy covered 1kg bars in rubber and used them to line his small gold fish pond no one gave it a second thought. Get creative user.

Attached: bog2.jpg (211x239, 10K)

>Gotta go full rapper tier and always keep people lingering at your house keeping an eye on things.
Those are the people that end up steeling from you.

Lol yeah one of the few things weed taught me was to hide things in the open. A big advantage of gold is not worrying about the environment, I wouldn't do that shit with silver.

This, wtf who possibly thinks that's a good idea.

I just have two family members living at my main house, if anything goes wrong I leave a debit card for any repairs or replacement that needs to happen while Im traveling. Ive had additional family stay in guest rooms throughout the years. My family is decent people so Ive done this for a decade with two propertys, no issue. Also have two friends who know where my cash/cards are at incase anything comes up with keys to keep an eye on things. Mostly when I used to do illegal stuff and needed someone to have access to my cash incase I needed to bail out of jail but was never arrested. Obviously dont meet someone and invite them to your main house, youd probably want a beater or a condo in the city to take new acquaintances. Used to have a stripper that would always be with me and I learned a lot about reading people from her and she'd always let me know if she doubted peoples motives so Ive luckily never had anyone steal from me.

Attached: 1521690440060.png (924x560, 48K)

Ever heard of gold etfs/futures?