Bitcoin can never 40x quickly again

It's entirely because of the CME futures market. Want to know why the real estate bubble of 08 popped? Because someone invented Credit Default Swaps. Want to know why the bubble got so large before that? Because CDSs were not proliferated before then. The ability to take a short position kills any bubble.

Read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" (one of, if not the most recommended book on finance and investing). It covers how markets without shorts inevitably bubble up until someone finally creates/takes a short position. Equities, for example, can never bubble up like they did in the 1920s so quickly because of the existence of put options and short selling (also, the current stock "bubble" is nothing compared to historical bubbles). The MBS market will never bubble up again on 08 levels because of CDSs. Bitcoin can absolutely hit $100k and even higher, but it will not happen in the span of a few months a la late 2017. The existence of a bonafide futures market means that smart arbitrageurs will begin shorting at the slightest hint of a bubble.

This isn't fud, fag. This is just a reminder that any asset, or coin for that matter, that can be shorted will never be able to see massive gains in short amounts of time. If you're planning on BTC on the cheap now and waiting for the next 20-40x around 2021, you'll be waiting for quite a while. Buy up some coins that can't be shorted if you want to ride the next speculative wave.

You're welcome.

Attached: 1520819683360.jpg (584x413, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trustnodes.com/2018/03/09/ethereum-futures-inch-closer-cboe-upgrades-trading-platform
medium.com/@super.crypto1/4th-dimension-bitcoin-manipulation-cartel-can-it-be-burnt-no-way-c53de65c166a
medium.com/cryptomedication/tether-bitcoin-manipulation-and-its-relationship-with-btc-futures-1bd01b1c540e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He said, apparently ignorant of how it was possible to short Bitcoin all through its rise from $100-$20,000

Wrong
It's because the markets are getting thicker and thicker
Back when the spread was wide and thin it was easy to move the market hundreds of percent with just a couple million
Now to do the same takes more effort
Ergo, movement is suppressed as the total market cap goes up.
But because bitcoin has crashed it's actually easier for it to explode again because the amount of money needed to move has diminished.
sage

What do you think happens to the price of LTC if it gets listed on the Gemini exchange? The founders of the exchange have ties in Chicago with the CME/CBOE......

>Bitcoin can never 40x quickly again.
Theoretically it can because it's a purely speculative commodity without any physical backing. This type of commodity can do 100x 1000x without any problem. All it needs is some sort of trigger. For example the bull runs since 2013 have been caused by this guy. However, he died this week, so there's no real reason for btc to moon again.

Attached: mavrodi_rian_00902140_b-1050x700.jpg (1050x700, 84K)

On what, fucking BitMEX? No institution, small or large, was trading any of the sketchy shit offered years ago. Get real.

That's assuming their money was in the market. Which I think they were since 3kish.

Go through the line of the top 100 investment banks and I would bet my dick not a single one dipped their toes in futures. In 2017, a absolute fuckton of crypto-focused hedge funds arose, and were chomping at the bit to buy futures from a credible exchange.

ive been hearing this for years the prob is the $ pouring in is exponential

trustnodes.com/2018/03/09/ethereum-futures-inch-closer-cboe-upgrades-trading-platform

You can count on whatever Gemini lists to eventually get a futures pairing. Cboe and other exchanges want in, and they've got the contract with Gemini. LTC prices will likely rise upon its listing because people are mindless sheep, but then it will fall hard once either: a) people realize institutionally-friendly futures end the party, or b) the futures launch.

Not mooning for another couple of years.

Attached: fjf.jpg (630x603, 31K)

>The Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, which was also responsible for the Enron loophole,[8] specifically stated that CDSs are neither futures nor securities and so are outside the remit of the SEC and CFTC.[52]
Where have I heard something like that lately.....

Is this another biz meme or is he an actual crypto investor?

You're able to go short on bitcoin since like 2013 if not earlier

What's your point, retard?

seeRead between the lines

Fuck yourself shithead I'm not helping a cunt like you.

Yes, like I need the help of a retard who thinks making some tangential point contributes to anything

>woah dude, CDSs are totes crypto!!!

medium.com/@super.crypto1/4th-dimension-bitcoin-manipulation-cartel-can-it-be-burnt-no-way-c53de65c166a

Interesting read regardless if you believe it or not

Bitcoin 4x'ed in 2017. Nobody expects a 20-40x. At most 100k eoy and that's reaching now.

I disagree that puts cause bubbles to burst, that's circumstancial. Credit default swaps did not cause 07/08 although I will admit that people betting against it have an interest in crashing the market and sometimes they succeed.

Even if you are right, it's been possible to short Bitcoin since 2013.

Your advice is to buy coins that can't be shorted by institutions? That's retarded. Alts are paired with BTC and if that goes down all the alts paired with it go down.

You're a fucking brainlet.
Enjoy your life of arrogant confusion.

did you checked the volume on the CME future contracts faggot? it's everything but game changing.
it's true that btc won't x40 anytime soon though.

Read a book, kid. Also, you don't even know who fucking Mavrodi is and the impact he's had on BTC's price for the past several years? Jesus, you're helpless. Ditch the book, get a noose.

Lmao I bet you're an absolute fucking creep IRL

CME futures are cash settled. They don't affect the supply or demand of Bitcoin, so your theory is flawed. Also, supply is capped, unlike all other assets you mentioned. In the long run, if say 1% of all BTC purchases is stored in private wallets for long run investments, we will get to 100k.

Pretty much every derivative is cash settled. You mean to say gold futures don't impact the value of gold? Unless you make a fat finger error like one analyst I know did, you'll never see a futures contract for gold settle outside of cash.

If he had 200-300 thousand btc, then since he died isnt that's bullish... That btc is now locked out of the supply. Unless he gave his private keys to someone before his death.

>someone invented Credit Default Swaps.

>affraid to name the kike
she is named Blythe Master fot he ones interested by this giant scam

Attached: 1518808075906.jpg (673x890, 557K)

easy coin to profit on, POE

>you don't even know who fucking Mavrodi is and the impact he's had on BTC's price for the past several years?
I know who Mavrodi is, but the part where he impacts the bitcoin price is interesting. Care to elaborate?

Short positions do not make it impossible for assets to reach massive gains in a short amount of time if the fundamentals behind the assets make a compelling argument for such a fast rise. Still, as you said, it effectively works against bubble-like behaviour.

What a good and clearly written post!
What are you doing on Jow Forums??

Long story short, he ran a bunch of ponzi funds and scammed a ton of pajeets and chinks. So much so that they rushed by the thousands to buy BTC so they could buy into the fund (which only accepted BTC).

Gox coins to be sold off at some point this year. That means it goes down. It doesn't matter what REQ, LINK, JNT, and the rest of these coins do if they aren't going to be widely accepted right away. People want tangibility and security. Cryptocurrency does not have either of those.

Yeah. It won't stop a bubble, it'll just prevent it from being as big as earlier bubbles. Granted, there are already diminishing returns on bubbles as investors get smarter, but now that's doubly true with the ability for large banks to short once crypto markets inevitably get excitable again.

Also, as others mentioned, BTC is pretty interwoven with all other coins. Guess the whole markets fucked unless more fiat pairings spring up.

Very curious indeed. Apparently he's been involved in bitcoin schemes since at least 2015.

I've traded US assets/equities for most of my life, so I always have to remind myself that there's an entire world I'm not aware of with shit going on that impacts crypto. That guy is just one example.

Also, more methods through which to take a short position helps. Many here mention that shorting has been possible for quite some time now but futures (on CME, I think?) only became available in January.

I still cannot access these futures through either of the two european brokers I use. Cryptoexchanges are sketchy as hell, so I am not registering and giving any personal info to any one of those. Once an easy way to take a short position presents itself, I too will join the game.

BitMEX futures are settled in BTC.
CME futures are settled in cash.
You cannot make real money on BitMEX crashing BTC, because if you try, you will be left with a stack of worthless BTC.
But you can do this on CME.

Taken to the extreme, sure. And it's another reason why CME having BTC futures is a world of a difference from no-name exchanges.

>Because someone invented Credit Default Swaps
>someone
just name the jew OP

To be fair, CDSs existed before 08. But CDSs against the CDOs and CMOs didn't. Hence, once a way to short the bubble was created, the bubble soon popped. Had the shorts not be created, the bubble likely would've lasted even longer and popped even harder. Ironically, the banks that created the CDSs, rather than shooting themselves in the foot, probably saved themselves from total liquidation.

Attached: DQsC0w4X0AEu6dr.jpg (377x261, 17K)

or it would have fizzled out and had a slower decline. Shorting and futures are what ultimately fuck markets. It becomes a self-fullfilling profecy. With crypto, it is the most fucking retarded shit ever. Speculating speculation.

I agree with this, but there will be a fomo when fiat currency collapses

Bubbles historically have never slowly declined. Tulipmania, South Sea, etc. So many bubbles of old that popped hard without any shorting avenues.

Funnily enough, I don't think CME listing futures is what popped the bubble. I think that bubble was going to pop regardless, as it had gone near parabolic. The futures may have sped up the trip to the bottom.

Fingers crossed. If nothing else, crypto is the greatest hedge against fiat inflation.

Thoughts on the US stocks, are they going to crash? Or is the Dow going to 40k, or are they going to crash then slingshot to 40k

For the next few years, stocks will generally rise. When bad news hits (China threatens trade war measures against US, for example), stocks will decline and go sideways before eventually returning to the average. If cataclysmic bad news hits (on the level of all U.S. banks are on the verge being insolvent), then it will crash as hard as it did in 2008 or any other prior crash. Stocks are simultaneously resistant to bad news (you'd think trade war talks would kill the markets), and also highly vulnerable to apocalyptic news (as they always have been). Just keep your money in stocks until you see a piece of mind numbling bad news, then leave when the firesales start.

Truth

is that from that new movie that all black people love so much?

You do realise you can sign up to a crypto exchange with nothing but a throwaway email?

Boomers lol

CME/CBOE is a joke, look at the volume compared to BitMEX. BitMEX is the real futures market for BTC.

Attached: 1521900936951.jpg (470x322, 50K)

Bitcoin can't 40x quickly.

Attached: 1445973746375.jpg (645x773, 57K)

That's a great post. It's a must read. And it's very recent.

This one is good too.

medium.com/cryptomedication/tether-bitcoin-manipulation-and-its-relationship-with-btc-futures-1bd01b1c540e

it's champing at the bit

Attached: 1156442798193.jpg (250x218, 9K)

BitMEX does more volume than all the fucking Tether play money exchanges combined.

Attached: DYsDMLmX0AI53d5.jpg (820x325, 38K)

tfw bitcoin shorting existed and has been done on huge scale prior to 2017

Attached: 1520976179973.png (1000x1000, 66K)

then there's also bitfinex, huobi, okex, and most major exchanges in general

they have far higher BTC/USD volume then wall street does

Stocks are done lad, everything since 2012 was the dead cat bounce of the 2000 crash.
This time their can be no quantitative easing because china will dump their usa bonds

fuck off retard

What are you mad about today, user? Not being employed? Still being poor? Being a virgin?

If Futures would crash BTC, who let it happen ?
Why did the Winkelvoss twins ruins themselves ?

You have no idea how much money they're making on commissions and contracts (current and future).

Absolute brainlet post. Futures have been around in markets forever and yet we keep seeing bubbles occur every decade or so.
>bbbbut my super special brand of futures weren't invented yet!
lol ok, that's why real estate is completely NOT in a bubble today and it would be a great investment to start buying up as much as you can :^)

You're an idiot. You didn't even attempt to understand the post. You know nothing about markets, let alone the current RE market. Kill yourself.

It seems you know your stuff. Is institutional money entering crypto a meme ? That's what we repeat to ourselves and only hope.

>It's entirely because of the CME futures market. Want to know why the real estate bubble of 08 popped? Because someone invented Credit Default Swaps. Want to know why the bubble got so large before that? Because CDSs were not proliferated before then. The ability to take a short position kills any bubble.

This is what you wrote. Do I even need to continue? You might as well be saying the ability to buy gold prevents any currency from being overvalued. In fact, that would be a lot smarter than what you posted. Futures, at best, """""decrease volatility""""". That does not mean they prevent bubbles. Futures are bubble-agnostic, you can use them to inflate just as easily as deflate. Be sure to buy up tech stocks, right now, they're cheap after all, no bubbles here; look at all the futures you can get for them!

KEKEKEK butthurt real estate cuck detected

They will look for ways to manipulate it. If they can't manipulate a coin, they'll ignore it and find something they can control. Don't be shocked if banks start buying mining farms in a few years, or if they start gobbling up PoS coins. Crypto has more in common with gold/commodities than stocks/bonds. Investment advisors will not allocate large amounts to crypto ever, and traders will, again, only trade what they can control.

I don't buy the institutional money meme, no.

Shorting kills bubbles =/= shorting prevents bubbles, retard.

Not at the ones I've looked at. Also, they would need my bank account IBAN atleast to deposit money into and my bank would require some proof of how I have gotten this magic money (proof that it has all been legal).
Not impossible but too much of a hassle right now.

Not a boomer but neither a crypto fanatic desu

You fucking idiot. I didn't hesitate or missed a single second back in April. You want to make big money or not?

Attached: biz was never good.jpg (300x330, 36K)

You are more intelligent than 95% of biz. Do you publicize your analysis ?

>Want to know why the real estate bubble of 08 popped? Because someone invented Credit Default Swaps
Stopped reading there. This is a laughable analysis of the financial crisis in 2008 and shows you don't understand much of anything. Stick to talking about microcap shitcoins, retarded OP.

this. the cme are settle in cash and have no effect on btc with its low volume. its just a scapegoat for people trying to cope from a speculative asset burn off.

>You are more intelligent than 95% of biz.
You people are so fucking stupid. OP posted a bunch of bullshit he did 10 minutes of research on beforehand and you think he is a genius.

Literally the blind leading the blind.

Good for you

But bitfinex margin was a thing way before bitmex
explain

Sorry, forgot I have to be explicit with idiots like you. The bubble's popping was accelerated by short positions. Read between the lines.

See above, retard.

Attached: bitmex.png (317x486, 55K)

It's the overcautious attitude that'll cost you big league This shit is easily going to 10T total market cap

You are a moron who is spouting off about shit you don't have a clue about. You need to stop posting. Dunning-Kruger personified.

How many fucking times do I need to say it? Institutions don't use your shitty BitMEX platforms. Faggot pajeet speculators like you do.

>b-but it's got $600 mil in volume

That is fucking nothing for a futures market. CME's futures market is only low volume now because it's nascent.

has the electricity adoption bubble burst?
has the internet adoption bubble burst?
has the wheel adoption bubble burst?
has the use lights inside bubble burst?

what is an adoption curve?

Which paradigm changing tech has ever burst.
sure transport modes may change of light bulb tech....

what new innovation exactly did tulips bring?
what new innovation did the south sea bubble bring?

Bitcoin tech makes 80% of the entire financial banking system redundant.

take for a moment there are 1 million bank branches in the world.....you now only need 80% of their functionality. There's close to 1 Trillion a year just there, at 1million each to run which is conservative.

>Dunning-Kruger personified.

Keep on projecting. Actually, humor me: give me one educated opinion you hold.

Isn't it obvious that a BTC bubble is just a temporary speculative craze? Jesus christ Jow Forums please stop being retard.

BTC is obviously going into the trillions.

By the way I have actually read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" and it does not say that the inability to short is what creates bubbles in the first place. It attributes the cause of bubbles to human psychology and greed.

You either didn't actually read the book, you read it and you are lying to support your thesis, or you actually did read the book and you are retarded.

Or, option 4, you can't read my fucking post. I never said the inability to short creates bubbles, dumbass. The ability to short is what expedites the end of bubbles. Illiterate inbreed.

Your own post is arguing against your previous post. Again, to quote:

>It covers how markets without shorts inevitably bubble up until someone finally creates/takes a short position. Equities, for example, can never bubble up like they did in the 1920s so quickly because of the existence of put options and short selling (also, the current stock "bubble" is nothing compared to historical bubbles).
>It covers how markets without shorts inevitably bubble up
>without shorts inevitably bubble up
I.e. shorts prevent bubbles; "without them, markets inevitably bubble up"

But wait!
>Want to know why the real estate bubble of 08 popped? Because someone invented Credit Default Swaps. Want to know why the bubble got so large before that? Because CDSs were not proliferated before then. The ability to take a short position kills any bubble.
>The ability to take a short position kills any bubble.

You are claiming shorts both kill and prevent bubbles. This is a logically consistent argument but false, since futures have no impact on the existence bubbles.

The post I am replying to is logically inconsistent (and thus also false) because preventing==killing bubbles. A bubble is a bubble because it bursts: there is a correction downwards after an """"unreasonable"""" upward movement.
A bubble does not appear out of the ether of time and space but grows from a "normal state" of a market to one that is "over valued". However markets are naturally increasing in value over time, so we can only say a bubble has grown up when there is too great a growth. And we can only say there is too great a growth when we see a correction. Preventing bubbles and killing bubbles is literally the same thing. There is an upwards movement that must be brought down. If bubble B1 is killed at time 1, then a larger bubble B1' was prevented at time 2.

Also, there are 1001 ways to take a short position without a literal "short position" being available.

And your analysis of 2008 is completely wrong and brainlet tier.

CDS were not "short positions" that accelerated the crash -- they were derivatives based on bundled toxic assets that often blew up in the sellers' faces and caused crises in banking due to the repeal of Glass-Steagal.

You seriously need to go back and do some more reading before posting this bullshit. Jow Forums is such trash.

If you say so. Sure, I might be cautious, but keeping a small part of my portfolio in options I wouldn't call myself overcautious.
Then again, compared to YOLOers here I suppose I am :)

You are a fucking brainlet and you are misrepresenting other people's ideas to support your weak thesis.

I dug up my kindle app just for you. In return, please kill yourself.

Watching you get this autistic over your inability to read between the lines is fascinating. Also, please detail 10 ways I can short BTC without using futures or options, thanks.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 7.24.44 PM.png (866x666, 111K)

>It covers how markets without shorts inevitably bubble up until someone finally creates/takes a short position.
This is literally what you said. You are asserting that a lack of ability to short the market is what causes bubbles.

By the way, Malkiel says this NOWHERE in his book. You are misrepresenting his ideas to support your bullshit.

Poloniex and Bitfinex

What are you even talking about?

Attached: 1517432559698.png (633x758, 25K)

You can short BTC and other coins against tether, no contracts needed

So we got one: using Tether to short sell. I can already see the traders at Goldman Sachs entering their Bitfinex info.

Still waiting on the other nine.

Poloniex is owned by GS now, I'm sure they'll come up with something

Owned by Circle, owned by Goldman. Goldman's actual traders won't touch it. The Circle investment (and the later Poloniex) was part of their initiative to capture millennials and expand into traditional commercial banking.

Real estate is wrong comparison.
It is not in bubble indeed
Futures are basically artificial increase in supply
You dont buy RE on the meme markets, rather physically and exclusively own what you buy.
You cant print more land, though you can print more dollars and futures.
Vancouver cucksheds wont be priced at 5 MM CAD, they will climb up to 10MM. Ironically.