Are video games a legit way to spend your downtime as a hobby or is it a trap for the weak minded to suck out all the...

Are video games a legit way to spend your downtime as a hobby or is it a trap for the weak minded to suck out all the productivity out of them in exchange for a virtual world?

Attached: wow-classic.jpg (1024x512, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=00efdE5CD7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Games are fun
Jews hate fun
Opposition to others having fun on their own is proof of Jewishness

Posting of Jow Forums and fapping to lolis on /b/ is the best way to spend your free time.

I like playing them and IDC if other people talk shit on me for it. You'll be in good company, because >50% of the country plays some sort of video game, even if it's just mobileshit.

If you're a child, the former.
If you're an adult, the latter.

If you have a career (note not a job, a career), you exercise, aren't fat, have a girlfriend there is nothing wrong with putting every single hour into gaming.

The alternatives.

> reading
A vacuous and pseudointellectual hobby. I do it but I don't bloat about it. You can alternatively listen to music while grinding.
> hiking
Literally wearing your heart out so you can climb dirt tracks and risk being attacked by wild animals or getting lost and dying
> clubbing
The most low IQ task that is fun to do once or twice in your life but otherwise is a sign that you are an oversocialized normie.
> travelling
A massive meme which is why the middle class does not have any retirement money. You'll end up visiting places that are crammed with tourists and the time you go there (Christmas, mid-year) it will be packed.

*listen to audio books
*gloat

This relies on the presumption that the time allocated for gaming is time that would have been used for productive manners.

Blaming games for lack of productivty, is like blaming guns for violence, it's liberal logics. Kill yourself.

games are a fat waste of time, read a book, the older the better

>I like playing them and IDC if other people talk shit on me for it.
why would you waste your time coming to this physical plane to sit there twiddling your fingers and staring at a lightbulb? you could have had more fun if you were never born and you stayed in the ethereal plane

This. It's also tied in with the Protestant and quasi-Purticanal notions surrounding work. Just existing is bad, you always have to be doing something productive.

> games are a fat waste of time, read a book, the older the better
t. doesn't read

Most people will get nothing out of books. Again my gripe with people like you is when you say games are worse than books.

Pseuds like you think that by reading the Greeks you will have stumbled upon some nugget of gold that everyone before you missed out.

>dont play vidya goy, work for shlomo shekelgrubber instead
fuck you, Gamergate led to worldwide right surge, which led to Trump

>Pseuds
totally a pseud thing to say just so you know

Attached: nothotbathwaterthankyou.jpg (801x1200, 388K)

It's snobbery. Literally GAME BAD BOOK GOOD grug mentality.

You niggers are always on /lit/ throwing your 2 cents in about books you clearly haven't read. Worse of all you're a low SMV beta male WH*TE boi in Japan. SMD faggot.

Other video games are, WOW is the most boring slogfest of a "game" i have ever played. How the fuck you fat losers put so much time into grinding the same 3 formulaic quests without wanting to put a bullet in your head is beyond me.

Games are double-edged. They absolutely are a massive time sink, but they also help people understand strategy, planning, organizing, management of themselves, management of others, etc.

What’s the alternative? The only fulfilling way to spend your downtime is to spend it with other people. If not that, who gives a fuck what you do? You’re just burning time until death anyway.

All the people complaining come from Protestant countries.

> You’re just burning time until death anyway.
Exactly. "Being busy and doing something "productive"" is literally cope about this fact.

>Most people will get nothing out of books.
>Pseuds like you think that by reading the Greeks you will have stumbled upon some nugget of gold that everyone before you missed out.

Very much agree, unless is a textbook where you can learn math, science, history or some other skill, reading for pleasure is no better than someone playing puzzle games or similars that at least involve some real cognitive skills.

>Pseuds like you think that by reading the Greeks you will have stumbled upon some nugget of gold that everyone before you missed out.
read the nazis, read care bears just read anything is better than sitting there supporting an industry of jerking off

The same as posting on Jow Forums

Good post, mostly agreed.

I have a vacation home in the Caribbean, which is an investment property. I try to go a few times per year. I stopped renting it out after paying it off- people will break furniture and damage the house, and it’s a pain in the ass to find good labor for repairs.

> the nazis
I can't say I am surprised a wignat wrote this post

Yes, video games are a trap.

There are literally ENDLESS other hobbies that are just as fun, and you need to seek those out.

Gamers become lazy s*y boys and is a blight on our society. God forbid my future son becomes a "gamer".

Attached: 1554698987306.jpg (1228x1150, 80K)

No, but reading many books about different subjects will provide an ability to build more complex systems (world view puzzle) and occasionally you can have a mind blowing moment by putting together the pieces of info gained from completely unrelated subjects.
tl:dr gayming is a waste of time compared to books, but it's up to you. No one is gonna baby sit you buddy.
>Shut up mom I'm totally like gaining cat reflexes and multi tasking and shiet.

Why would you play video games like WoW when the time could be better spent tending to your own estate or playing a game of croquette in your lawn games garden?

Attached: 4434F408-AE04-4EAA-84D0-B4D1ECB53247.jpg (518x364, 17K)

some of them are very interesting, like Fritz Thyssen, he wrote about how he funded Hitler with his partner Allen Dulles then him and his wife had a car accident where their car exploded, oh wait of course knowing that is useless, instead I know how to fucking sega nintendo zelda mario on that shit
way more useful, when I tell Peter at the gates of heaven what I learned I will tell him that and I will certainly be spared the torments of the fiery abyss

Nothing wrong with pursuing painting or stamp collecting over gaming but this pretentious attitude that people have over gamers exists because people associate it with "nerd culture" and something low SMV do. One of the disgusting realities about living in a matriarchal society is it's not enough that you can't get laid, or settle down and marry a virgin and homely woman but you have to be mocked for it and anything else you do besides female worship (which is what clubbing, travelling ("to go to hostels and fuck chicks" and working is [so you can earn the funds to finance the aforementioned tasks]. All the energy from these things is directed at getting sex from women) is mocked and ridiculed.

This. If youre married, the house and bills are in order, and youve taken your spouse for a walk, then play for 48 hours straight noone should give a fuck.

>Literally wearing your heart out so you can climb dirt tracks and risk being attacked by wild animals or getting lost and dying

your ancestors weep for you

Attached: soy_cubed.jpg (4048x3036, 1.91M)

Again I read quite a lot. But your boomer ass brain can't comprehend that. Why don't you fry your brain and go watch some muscular black dudes chase a ball faggot.

> way more useful, when I tell Peter at the gates of heaven what I learned I will tell him that and I will certainly be spared the torments of the fiery abyss

> t.tradcel
My suspicions that you are GK Chesteron fanboy were confirmed.

lol wtf are you even talking about
/lit/ is for uneducated fags
we /master race/

>braindead self-righteousness as the subhuman husk's neurons flicker in defense of its programmed activity

>illiterate fatass piece of shit aus flag
are you literally a fucking abbo?

>female worship (which is what clubbing, travelling ("to go to hostels and fuck chicks"
what the fuck, this is the state of fucking normies on Jow Forums. Low IQ degenrates who's life revolves around pussy, and any hobby other than (((gayming))) is pretentious.
Imagine traveling just to score some turd world pussy and not to enjoy warm ocean and chill.

Show real flag

Yeah, I'll take hours of grinding in osrs over another girlfriend any day.

The issue is the modern man’s ability to identify down time.
>your day off work
Not down time
>when it’s too hot out to work in the garden and your house is in order
Down time

Absolutely. Vidya is the only thing that makes me feel remotely accomplished in life.

Attached: 15675265102812224019715159449486.jpg (4608x2184, 2.19M)

Why would you care. If you enjoy it - it's worth it. Sure, it does ruin lives if you go overboard but that's the case with any kind of fun.

/lit/ is the place where the same bait threads manage to hit the bump limit unnoticed for months and when someone finally calls it out as a bait thread it finally clicks and they all circle jerk themselves into the next bait thread. Sound familiar?

Depends on what you play, just like you can read gossip magazines or a novel, or listen to reggaeton or real music.

What people do with their free time is none of my business.

Absolutely a Jewish trap

Video games are your enemy.

Everything in moderation.

Attached: 1567128264185.jpg (726x1290, 93K)

>Jews hate fun
Levels of cope and scapegoating never before seen. That’s how you justify wasting your life playing vidya? Lmao

>I read a lot
If you read nothing but gay novels and (((nu-yok best-sellers))) it's not worth anything
I don't get this defense of a waste of time, comparing it to things more productive, even the fucking stamp collection is more useful since you go out and/or learn some real things. Have you ever met a gamer who wasn't at least in part leddits0i, who's world view was more complex than basic pop-sci and memes? Why would you even interact with such garbage? The most use you could squeeze out of these cucks is the help with women's rights removal lol.

Better than yours

books are literally a waste of fucking time

if you're not reading dictionaries, lexicons, arithmetic, etc. when you're not playing vidya then you're wasting time

>b-b-but muh story

No

Video games are a blessing for our elites. They keep us distracted and content in our little apartment jail cells, while our countries go to shit. Huge fucking waste of time and addictive as hell

No faggot philosophy, politics, economy, religion, history.

> wasn't at least in part leddits0i, who's world view was more complex than basic pop-sci and memes?
That's the average person.

> even the fucking stamp collection is more useful since you go out and/or learn some real things.

faggots like you read pic related and get on your high horse and look down on everybody else. admit it gamers are people's punching bag.

Attached: read more.png (768x447, 374K)

call me up when you're ready to light up the tikki torches and we can throw romans while marching down the street

Bread and circuses

t. Julius Caesar

Gaming keeps the masses hypnotized so they won't wake up and revolt.

Props on decent subjects. I haven't heard of a single book on that list,
>That's the average person.
The fucking state of human beans.
>admit it gamers are people's punching bag.
No you fucking normie brainlet, read

It's same for TV shows desu.

This is what I do on a average day
>Wake up 5AM
>Eat 10min
>Running 1h
>Shower 5min
>Playing wow classic 1h
>Go to work ~7h
>Back from work
>Check if I sell some shit in wow classic
>Running 1h
>Shower again
>Browse internet
>Go out
>Go to sleep 10PM

Is that ok?

I remember when I was younger that some games did get me into some interesting stuff. Games like StarCraft got me into the mapping/modding community. Learned some story writing, audio editing, a bit of voice acting and basic bitch programming language.
Other games also acted like a vocabulary builder such as Legacy of Kain.

People who call gaming bread and circus spend an equivalent amount of time pursuing equally worthless activities like chilling with "the boys" (which you can do while gaming), drinking (and destroying their health), or browsing the internet.

These people never offer any viable solutions. Most people aren't going to come around to the right until SHTF. You have to allow that to happen. Especially in a democracy.

It can be both. Everyone dabbles in unproductive activities to unwind from time to time. The weak willed lose themselves in escapism but the games are not to blame.

In addition to what the aussie said, renember that videogames are the most healthy form of escapism.

The alternatives are :
>alcoholism
>drugs
>shitty comics that have been dominated by SJWs for decades
>engaging in high risk, meme sports that can get you killed

Videogames can drain your energy. But they don't put you at any risk. As long as it's done moderately, it's not a big deal.

you cant play wow in moderation

>Playing wow classic
Nigga u r gay

Eye to eye and physical interaction is not "equally worthless" as gayming with the boys. You seem to disregard a whole fucking tonne of subconscious processes involved into understanding and comprehending the world around us. 100% agree on the last part kek.

Reading and plastic models are the white man's hobby.

Basically get every nog, kebab, and indian on that shit. For western people encourage productive hobbies. There more things to do than the 5 in this retard's post, don't be a fucking goy.

In my opinion video games, like any other entertainment medium, is neither good or bad. Many anons here will tell you to read a book instead. What if I told you you could read a story and improve your hand eye coordination as well. Video games does that. You can't always read and learn. You burn yourself out and stop all together.
>on the subject of world of warcraft
It's actually a great way to find like minded people. Call out degeneracy in trade chat and you'd be surprised how many whispers you get agreeing with you. People in general are sick of the anti-male, pro-SJW video game people. Some tranny spouting off at the mouth about their rights. Just say, "Yeah I don't care. Nothing you say will make me care. So why are you ranting again?" Not only does this piss them off enough to double down and make more people annoyed with them, but it also cements in the casual viewer's mind that trannies are annoying and shoving themselves down your throat. It's actually very effective. Just be polite but indicate that no one cares about their personal business. Be adamant and agreeable, but never capitulate your stance.

Painting is a hobby where u create something and express yourself through art. Kinda s*y, but at least it's a decent hobby.
Stamp collection = Worse than gaming.

Also, what kind of fucking crack are you on? I played soccer all my life, and I've dabbled with many different sports, that's a REAL hobby. Most the guys I've talked to about gaming also sais it's a beta ass hobby.

Also, spotted the beta-boy.

Attached: 1566647306657.jpg (598x554, 20K)

>Legacy of Kain
Oh man LoK and Soul Reaver games had some classy dialogues and storytelling.

youtube.com/watch?v=00efdE5CD7A

Getting blind drunk every night would have more life in it than playing soul sucking video games/ clicking away on screens. The best thing to do is to spend time in nature or with people you love.

agree

The people I love are all thousands of miles away. But I can still talk to them and work towards a common goal (however superfluous) in World of Warcraft.

>meme flag
>yes goy you can totally like be enlightened by our product
>I swear there are no subtle subversions just fun haha
>Again, Shut up mom I'm totally gonna be navy seal after this.
Don't fall into this waste of fucking time. Leaving it up to the person is obvious, but who's really going to this for themselves specially with such shallow knowledge of what it does psychologically in many aspects.

man I only play 1h every day!
[spoiler]3h if I don't running[/spoiler]

Not a jew, just an Huwite American Catholic. You'd have to be a retard to be subverted by a video game. But your Canadian so you're already a retard.

I learned a great deal about feudalism, medieval duchies and authority from ck2.
Also planescape and the like is reading a book on screen.
I think vidya becomes a burden when it is taking away from family and your other meaningful hobbies.

Yeah like a smart burger like you would notice a fucking big red sign telling you BE A FUCKING DEGENERATE WHO CARES right? That's what subversion is and how it works.

wow was never good and will never be. wow is for normie fags

Attached: valencia_spots_guide_by_inochisidarta-daic3gq.jpg (2248x2392, 3.79M)

Go spend $90 bucks on a wire feed welder from Harbor Freight (find one for free on Craigslist), turn on some youtube tutorials, and teach yourself something highly useful as a "hobby", rather than killing digital faggots in a virtual time/soul suck.
Go on, lads. Do something better.

Attached: dick.jpg (1100x825, 187K)

Games have always been a staple of spending free time responsibly, but there will always be those who obsess over them at a perceived unhealthy amount by your average person. Seeing two gentlemen playing chess in a park is no different than seeing two gentlemen playing AoE2 over an internet connection shared between their homes.

Attached: 1472148556896.jpg (2000x1426, 680K)

unless you enjoy what youre doing, arent you just giving productivity in excahnge for a virtual world?
doing good etc w/e all leading us down the same road, what does it matter? also, most people do shit all with there time one way or another - sure there are those seeking an aneurysm that'll tell you that every single second must be spent to maximum efficiency towards some goal or other but in the end its all arbitrary nonsense
blue pill red pill potato tomato who gives a rats ass, find something you enjoy that makes you feel good afterwards and enjoy life, fuck everyone else

nono that's low class and oppressive for our profound elite gamers.

Have you ever played a video game before?

People shouldnt be allowed to like things that i dont like, should be BANNED!

checked and weldpilled

he's still on page 1 of critique of pure reason. he likes the glances he gets when he's trying to read it at whatever cafe/gay bar he's at

Oh, right. They might burn their Nintendo Thumb on hot slag, and be out of the games for 3 days, at least.
The horror.

Attached: 8e2176ae3d558ea05f2d0058c185a202d1f6db4f58e8c70a016c30cd9ddc3fcb.jpg (255x165, 13K)

Why do you run so much?

true
been playing nonstop
this is the best time of my life
i love wow classic holy shit the memories

europeans have no idea about fitness. they still think cholesterol is bad and low fat is good.

Bro, WoW Classic is shit.

Sometimes. Have you noticed the degradation of your latest goytertainment? It's slowly being normalized drop by drop. I mean it's full blown now but you don't seem to notice. Bing bing wahoo, nigga feet lickaroo! Jeezus be upon us!

Gaming isn't bad but mmos are total cancer and extremely often a pale substitute for having real friends, a girlfriend, and family

Attached: giphy (1).gif (220x389, 3.47M)

i'm playing with my rl friends after work
>checkmate

You sit all day playing wow. Fat might not be a bad nutrient but being a fat lardass is definitely bad

Attached: 1566030335262.jpg (1351x2000, 322K)

>Have you noticed the degradation of your latest goytertainment? It's slowly being normalized drop by drop
Sorry you play modern games that universally all suck. Play older games. Also I dont' watch TV or go to the movies any more. Vidoe games is all I have. And before you say to read that's just as pozzed. What am I to do? Read my Bible and nothing else for all eternity? Even God wants us to enjoy life.

> low iq projection
I am at the gym 4-5 times a week

Assuming you also meet them outside of your mmos then it's OK

>holocauster

thanks (retard) for your approval. now go renew your xanax prescription.