Shorting bitcoin such easy money on bitmex

shorting bitcoin such easy money on bitmex.

just wait for the price to pump up 100.

short.

rinse and repeat.

Attached: 8834f699.png (1263x205, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zC5O-Of8g8U&t=5s
testnet.bitmex.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>shorting the bottom

definitely time to buy

who needs moon missions when you can short on Bitmex?

Attached: 1516589030915.jpg (225x225, 7K)

yes, very easy
> you can't predict the future
>TA doesn't work
>stop loss hunting
>"muh safe margin" = low profits
>unpredictable contract prices regularly detach from the actual asset

they use index marking for liquidations. I used to think it was a meme because I thought they managed the margin off the contract price but it's worth checking out

LOL @ TA doesn't work. *sigh* - I tripled my stack shorting this mess. Pic related.

This guy does a decent job explaining how to leverage trade on Bitmex: youtube.com/watch?v=zC5O-Of8g8U&t=5s

Attached: bitmex_w00t.png (933x525, 627K)

Watching this

Any tips beyond this? Since you're a confirmed winning trader

I'm a shitrader who's about to cash out his initial fiat after taking BTC losses. I'll try to learn to trade well with the free play money

Practice here first, user.

testnet.bitmex.com

Also, dont go 100x at this levels, a small pump will get liquidated easily.

No need to practice just open a 25x short now and close at 6500. Easy money.

How is this different from just tethering up?

Nice

Just curious what's your view of the next week or so? I think a 5000 ish bottom likely, with pumps along the way to liquidate shorters

leverage

Hell no bro lol
The "obvious" shittrader ideas always lose

Your loss. If you have $1000 and you Clos your short at $6500 you'd have $15k.

What does that mean

Don't listen to these morons. Do not go more than 5x until you've got 90 days experience or you will get wrekt.

LEARN: support, resistance, trend lines, and how to read the volume profile. Airways keep the gdax and bitfinex order books open while trading. NEVER fomo into a trade. NEVER market buy or sell.

Good luck!

Attached: IMG_2133.jpg (308x477, 32K)

I believe $5800-5600 will be the next bottom/bounce area, but I try not to predict the market or specific events, I just react to whatever the market is doing.

yes keep sharing how to short, just like in a bull market it's so easy to gain

Do you just scalp with using indicators? I did that for all of my winning altcoin trades

All my losses were FOMO

I play my scalps tight so I profit very little but I guess leverage could help, idk

This guy gets it.

Attached: IMG_1781.jpg (502x742, 110K)

Simple explanation I guess:

-I short 1 btc: I tell the exchange to sell 1 btc at market price (say $2,780)
-I close my short: I tell the exchange to buy again 1 btc at market price (say $6,500)
-At the end the exchange still has 1 btc, plus $280 ($6,780 - $6,500). The exchange gives me $280 minus a commission.
-If instead the price went up (to say $7,000) and I closed my short, the exchange would still have 1 btc but $220 less. These $220 the exchange takes from my account, and still takes a commission on top of that. The exchange always wins.
-If I opened my short with a leverage things can get worse/better. Let's say I have 2 btc on my account and I shorted 1 btc with leverage x10. That means I tell the exchange to sell 10 btc at market price ($67,800 in total).
-If the market price goes up 10%, the exchange loses $6,780. If it goes up 20%, the exchange loses $13,360. But the exchange never loses, whatever it loses I have to pay back. So the exchange will make sure to never lose more than I have in my account, which means it will close my short before there is a risk it loses more than I can pay back. That's liquidation. Now if the market price goes down 10%, I win $6,780, If it goes down 20%, then $13,360 both from a 1btc with leverage x10 position. All this minus commisssion of course.

My short is said to be squeezed when whales are purposefully driving the price up to force my short into liquidation, which causes the exchange to buy back the BTCs it sold when I opened my short, which drives the price even more up.

Attached: 1522433383089.jpg (283x297, 30K)

Bitmex shills are the worst.

Agree, but I've never been more confident of sub $4k. That said when capitulation comes it will be glorious.

Attached: wojak_rain.gif (500x275, 365K)