Bitfinex shorts at a high? What does this mean?

Bitfinex shorts at a high? What does this mean?

I'm still trying to learn how to read these bitfinex long and short charts. This chart shows the number of shorts. It's reaching previous highs. FYI I'm new to this shit, so I'm learning.

Attached: Screenshot_20180331-173355.jpg (2086x1013, 517K)

Put btc chart next to it and u will figure it out eventually

The last time shorts were at a high was just before the BCH fork, and BTC broke the long awaited 3k mark and started its historic moon to 5k, then 10k and 20k.

Dump imminent. Only time this turns out to be false is when they periodically decide to squeeze shorters but you can't predict when they decide to do that. Can't ostracize people from the market all the time so most of the time increase in shorts or longs becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

>shorts at ath
>dump imminent

Attached: op4.png (645x729, 80K)

That's a nice picture of you, don't forget to close your long soon bullfag.

> (OP)
>Put btc chart next to it and u will figure it out eventually

Just did that.. looks like when shorts go up, price goes down.

How can bitmex stay in business if they're constantly paying out? I thought bitmex would squeeze out shorters.. like the current chart... I would assume price would go up to rek shorters.. but the BTCusd + bitfinex shorts chart is showing a correlation where when shorts go up, price goes down.

Bitmex doesn’t pay out anything you dumb fuck. It’s losers paying out the winners. They only pay out in case of hyper volatility and liquidation, but they have more than enough funds from fees to take care of that.

If I was a whale and I know shorts are @ ATH I would pump it to liquidate everyone

bitmex uses an index of the major exchanges to price its liquidations, not the action on its exchange. therefore to do what you're describing on bitmex you'd have to do it on the exchanges in their index as well, which requires a lot of money and could get you rekt in the process

It means it's going to pump hard for a days maybe then Bart back to 6.5k and below

Attached: everycorecuckever.png (541x181, 44K)

means were going to be basically printing money soon. So easy to make money shorting

most shorts dont impact the price at all, as most of them are contracts, not actual coins being sold

bitfenix and kraken however is with real coins, so they will affect the price, but at way lower leverages

but that also means some big whale can buy into those short sell orders and liquidate them instantly, and wouldn't that be favourable for him?

you call someone a bullfag, but to me you sound like a newfag desu

Hi brainlet,

It means that people don't have faith in the market.

Pretty clear buy signal if you ask me. Generally and indication that btc is oversold

>most shorts dont impact the price at all, as most of them are contracts, not actual coins being sold
what is arbitrage? If someone shorts 10,000,000 contracts, it will move the contract market enough to create an arbitrage opportunity in the spot markets. Come on.

All I want to know is, is eth dropping faster then btc consecutively. With out pulling some flipining bs

trend reversal incoming

seen all the "short bitcoin" shilling today?
seen all the accumulation tactics?
the true meaning of all events is broadcast occultly. 6666.66 on good friday was not a coincidence. 12k for easter.

Omg I love shorting so much! I love talking about shorting the market and how much of a genius I am for posting brilliant ideas about being a silly bear and shorting hehe! I love it how shorting is backed by technology too. Shorting is a new paradigm! I’ll short forever and everrrr ;) Ive been shorting BTC this whole time. I’ve been teaching others and I’ve gotten my neighbors and coworkers into shorting the market and we are all making a lot of money together shorting BTC and Ethereum. I’m really popular now among my friends because I’m making so much money from shorting the market, a lot of them are making accounts in bitmex now because of me. I can’t wait for this bear market to continue for the next 5 years until I have enough money from shorting to buy a house and hopefully a nice car. Shorting is the best guaranteed way to make money in the longterm

Capped to laugh on Sunday.

Unironically it’s going to go up.

What you’re seeing there is the dum money who have finally “figured out” that bitcoin is going down.

I predict a few day pullback before we return to going down.

Screen cap this post.

Attached: 3C26DAC2-7534-4767-81B5-19BD026B00FE.jpg (1296x1311, 921K)

Bitmex shill post

Ive been shorting BTC this whole time. I’ve been teaching others and I’ve gotten my neighbors and coworkers into shorting the market and we are all making a lot of money together shorting BTC and Ethereum. I’m really popular now among my friends because I’m making so much money from shorting the market, a lot of them are making accounts in bitmex now because of me. I can’t wait for this bear market to continue for the next 5 years until I have enough money from shorting to buy a house and hopefully a nice car. Shorting is the best guaranteed way to make money in the longterm

stop staring at me with those gorgeous eyes

Every thread, huh?

>being this delusional.

Stop messing with us Gritchka

It means people have realized the best way to make money in this market is by shorting. Just opened a massive short myself when we broke under 7k again.