ESL in China

I recently got a job offer to become an English Teacher in china.

Is it worth the paper work?

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Attached: SHINA.jpg (600x429, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laogai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No theyll comunize you and then pay you in rice and then take half the rice back .

Attached: 1566951303103.png (640x712, 208K)

Are you manlet? I am and could see over the majority of people in crowds over there.

I actually found a chinese version of google maps that allowed me to see the place in street view, looks very old and dull. Yet again, everything is so fucking cheap and they apparently give me housing and food.

Sadly, yes. 5'2 tall man. Fucks me everyday in the nuts.

>5'2 tall man
>ecuador
no reason not to become an hero

I've heard it's hell there. There are so many chinks trying to scam everyone. It's their culture to fuck eachother over in business. Whatever they promise in their contract to you might not be honored. You've probably seen those chink hate threads where buildings magically collapsed on their sides from their own weight. That's the kind of quality they go by. They believe it's the victim's fault for getting scammed, and if they can get away with it, they did nothing wrong.

OK I am listening

It is not as bad as you think, trust me. I am an engineer.

Hmm, that might not be enough. Probably about average?

Yeah that is what I was guessing. Still, should I go get scammed? Is it even worth it for the LULZ?

People were trying to sell me shit all the time, you just say no.
It's the price you'll pay for looking foreign.

Actually I think I could blend in pretty easily. Unless I have to talk then I am fucked ofc.

You're not going to put tape on your eyes are you?
If you can't speak Mandarin, how do you teach English there?

teach in israel its a lot better

It is not for adults. Apparently they role you into schools and you teach either to children or teens.

Well I kinda look asian.... or so I've been told all my life.

any job postings?

what's Ecuador like? If it sucks there, giving China a try wouldn't hurt, as long as you always have the freedom to go back home.

Basically don't be a nigger and you'll be fine.

Attached: 1567056650288.jpg (827x540, 80K)

Right now is rated like the top destiny for tourism or something like that.

What do you mean by "the freedom to go back home"? Makes me feel like they are going to lock me up or something.

Ah, fair enough then.
If you've not got much in the way of ties, why not go for it?

Well seems too good to be true in a way. Or like someone said, like a royale scam. That's why I am trying to find someone who has done it before.

I mean as long as you have enough money for a plane ticket back home. You're probably safe from being locked up for no reason, since you're a foreigner. They do get butthurt over some religions or ideologies they really hate. They have literal commie gulags, so I'd avoid any wrongthink while there.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laogai

>wrongthink
Yeah, the wrongthink is different though. Shit talking niggers is fine, Winnie the Pooh is not.
As the guy below said, how scammed can you get? You don't need to pay some kind of teaching entry fee right?
If you handle the transport and accommodation yourself, then what can they do?

Damn that is fucked. I knew things were kinda commie there, but that's just full blown Stalin man.

But I think I will get deported before I get thrown into some shithole, I do hope.

I know that you don't talk about politics. Why the heck is Winnie banned? Is it illegal to use a VPN there?

Well I haven't paid anything and everything seems legit. Still it feels kinda fishy. And since I know shit of Mandarin I am in their mercy when I arrive. I know for a fact their English suck.

VPNs were incredibly lax when I went, but that was a good 5 years ago now.
Winnie is a touchy subject because the detractors of the current leader imply he looks like him and that's a big no-no.
I got by for a few weeks with zero mandarin and learned enough to get by (numbers, please, thank you, hello, goodbye etc) in that time, so you'd probably be alright.

Well if I can still surf the fucked up places of the internet I should be fine then.

Man If I end up teaching there, I will make sure those kids know about Winnie somehow. Thanks for the tip!

Two separate ways to create an international incident? You do you I guess.

Attached: mfw chinese detention centre.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>datfilename.jpeg

Well I will keep updates if I do so we will see.

I guess the whole "I didn't know the powerpoint presentation wasn't allowed to feature a popular children's character" angle might work, but sure. Document for posterity!

prepare for gutter oil and insects sniffing your belongings

You done that yourself? wow congrats dude, really, that's very cool. i just told everyone in my family about it, everybody thinks that's very impressive and asked me to congratulate you. they want to speak to you in person, if possible, to give you their regards. they also said they will tell our distant relatives in christmas supper and in NYE they will ignite fireworks that spell your name. i also told about this enormous deed to closer relatives, they had the same reaction. they asked for your address so they can send congratulatory cards and messages. my friends didn't believe me when i told them i knew the author of this gigantic feat, really, they were dumbstruck, they said they will make your name echo through years and years to come. when my neighbour found out about what you did, he was completely dumbstruck too, he wanted to know who you are and he asked (if you have the time, of course) if you could stop by to receive gifts, congratulations and handshakes. with the spreading of the news, a powerful businessman of the area decided to hire you as the CEO of his company because of this tremendous feat and at the same time an important international shareholder wants to sponsor you to give speeches and teach everybody how to do as you did so the world becomes a better place. you have become famous not only here but also everywhere, everybody knows who you are. the news spread really fast and mayors of all cities are setting up porticos, ballons, colossal boom speakers, anything that can make your name stand out more and see which city can congratulate you the hardest for this magnificent feat.