SmartContract is leaving the door WIDE OPEN for competitors with more devs

Why don't they hire like 5-10 more developers?
Can't find enough skilled folk? Just double the salary, which shouldn't make that large of a dent in the 32m funding reserves.
Don't need more devs? Is that it?

Attached: sergey.png (1048x1034, 892K)

90% of their budget goes to bigmacs

whales in the top wallets are fucking dumping and our github is the slowest piece of shit ever (req has 100K code frequency we have 4K)

It’s over pack it up boys

shut the fuck up
it's all an elaborate scam and we haven't dumped yet

Why would they need devs when they don't work at all?

More idiotic FUD from faggots who have no idea how coding even works.

The code is fine. The progress is fine. There are no competitors who are even remotely close. Kys

Attached: pepe4.jpg (618x597, 64K)

You think Sergey is going to go get a job if Link fails? Hes just gonna go apply and do bitch work somewhere?

The ICO is his life savings now, hes not gonna whittle it down just so you can make a buck. Hes not spending his hard earned money like that.

thodges is mostly busy with wrecking competitors' offices.
He drives around in an old BMW with Lithuanian plates his barb wired bat in the backseat.
His main contribution to the project is convincing other projects to give way to CL. Aeternity, Mobius... Especially Mobius. The day they partnered with Walton he was furious. He went straight to these guys, tied them up and explained very gently that they need to fud their own coin into oblivion and stay the fuck away from oracle consumers.
Just in case he also went to China and brought the Walton team wisdom teeth of Mobius programmers saying that they are not so wise anymore, so it'd be better for Walton to find some other oracle provuder in future.
REQ on the other hand had been smart enough to make friends with CL even before thodges joined Sergey. But he still drops by for a cup of tea to make sure they are not secretly working on their own oracle solution.
All in all, Sergey is the brain and thodges is the brawn. You can't beat this team and don't you dare saying thodges should be ditched. Rory once said so in his face, and since then Rory can't appear in public.

Elaborate?

>coding
That’s how I know you’re not a software engineer
Burnout is extremely common in the SWE industry. Having such a small team for this is like having 3 people architect and build the Empire State Building. It simply will not get done before a competitor seizes the opportunity.

So thats why Facebook was never developed by 2 people..

So thats why google was never developed by 2-3 people..

Shit nigger I realized this a while back. Wait for the market leader in this space to become clear before you start memeing the project and FOMOing in. LINK could die anytime, overtaken by another more competent team in weeks.

Neither of those were open source. Chainlink’s pivotal tracker and code are both public for anyone to use

They didn't sit on 32M back then.

Because open sourcing development limits it to 2 people. Not like open-sourcing doesn't speed up the development process or allows for a great piece of software to be created, maintained faster and more secure. Linux.

checked

Holy shit I’m not even sure where to begin with how retarded you sound right now. Do you even know what open source means?

You sound like an idiot if you think open sourcing doesn't speed up the development process, makes the code more secure and allows for rapidly deployed updates. YES anyone can copy the code, but the project will be developed better regardless.

Excellent

Correct. Now wait till you realise that their security model depends on the tokens having a high stable price. How are you going to guarantee a high stable price?

nowhere does it say you need tokens to have a high price for security

the security mechanisms are done by decentralizing the data across node operators and by using intel SGX

The tokens are staked as collateral to incentivise accurate data. If the tokens are low value then you can just spam bad data and dgaf

>making something open source speeds up the development process
Because no matter what the project is it will get contributors as soon as its code is public?
>makes the code more secure
Because as soon as I click the “make public” button on GitHub the project automatically gets 100% code coverage and continuous integration?
>rapidly deployed updates
Because you can’t update fast with a private repo?
Man I was totally mistaken, there’s no way anyone is looking to copy ChainLink’s idea and simply hire more developers to beat them to the pot of gold, simply because making something open source writes the code for them!

if you really believe that then look at any big opensource project and tell me it failed

Linux, Python, Cerberus, Hyperledger, NodeJS

All open source and soon chainlink will join this list as another great open source project.

Swift technical engineer here, we are not going to use Chainlink in a heavy capacity. It's too much of a risk, and they wanted it fixed at ICO price so it's not going to be used

Kek is on my side OP

I knew we picked a winner! Comfy.

Attached: 1520858229033.jpg (1920x2560, 1.27M)

hjes spending it on big macs

Peanut butter just jumped above (((mini)))

Attached: 1521027515472.jpg (182x277, 9K)

No Team to Dank, No FUD to Stronk. LINK Marines. In It to Win It.

Attached: LZ-1.png (1031x569, 872K)

> Because no matter what the project is it will get contributors as soon as its code is public?
ChainLink already has a few volunteer contributors, including one microsoft dev.

> Because as soon as I click the “make public” button on GitHub the project automatically gets 100% code coverage and continuous integration?
Well no but people run the code, play around with it and report issues using Github "issues" feature. You'd have to be a brainlet to not understand this.

> People will steal the code
There isn't much to steal from the github repo. As the medium review already said and anybody can confirm on the github, right now it's little more than an interface that sends http requests, parses json (actually the external adapters do that, chainlink only has a limited number of built in adapters) and interacts with the ETH blockchain. The reason they go slowly is because their code is very clean. There's nothing more time consuming that unit testing. And they have unit tests for ridiculously trivial functions. Plus Go is a super verbose language.

If you think just adding more devs solves your problem, you have never worked in software. Recruiting good devs takes time. Getting them to be completely comfortable with the project's code and architecture takes time. From a management perspective, splitting the work and following up on 20 people is a nightmare.

major link dumpage incoming

>He thinks someone will copy the code, hire a team of 100 devs, and deliver faster than Sergey.

Attached: 1522556333708.png (488x463, 28K)