Please explain to me how the fuck Bitcoin is "digital gold"

Please explain to me how the fuck Bitcoin is "digital gold"

Attached: lol.jpg (1024x683, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

playerauctions.com/runescape-items/137106358i!5k-feedback-selling-yellow-partyhat/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't. Now stick to (((alts))).

Attached: usd coin.jpg (936x1290, 215K)

It's mined like gold, you know.

it has something to do with chibis and donuts bro

Attached: ahush_potato_chibi.jpg (800x894, 174K)

oldest blockchain
yellow like gold
commercial

limited supply, scarce, slowly mined over time

The graph doesn't have any correlation to the images. What point were you trying to make here?

because you are supposed to never sell it

Gold is an infinite resource spread around the galaxy ready for the taking.
BTC is perhaps the greatest ponzi scheme ever developed by mankind, it holds 0 value other than what people are willing to pay for a generated number on pixelated screen.

its supply is limited and you can take your entire wealth stored in btc wherever you want. Try to flee a country with your wealth stuck in stocks/cash/gold/whatever

inb4
>all the other shitcoins also have a limited supply
sure but bitcoin is the first, has the market recognition, status symbol etc
it's volatile? of course it is, because it's relatively new, gold is volatile too (relatively) and has been around for thousands of years

>transferring money across the earth nearly instantly with 5$ fees is a ponzi scheme

You cannot use it to buy stuff directly
Most of it's use-case is just to hold/increase value over time
limited supply
There are more but this is what I could think of right now

rare and growing in popularity, plus most of it's owners are nuts fan boys who won't sell. Can't counterfeit, takes resources and energy to mine, new supply is slowly introduced.

that's paypal

It's secure accounting. How come stupid people don't see value in the worlds most secure ledger

It's a lot more like digital frozen shit.

Frozen shit is pretty rare to find, but it's also completely worthless.

You've got to be retarded. Bitcoin costs more and takes longer to transfer than any other currency. It's a terrible monetary system.

its the first easily verifiable scarce asset on the planet

we put value on scarce things because demand exceeds supply

gold is not verifiably scarce, thus btc is a better gold than gold(ignoring the practical elements, which literally nobody cares about)

you can buy strippers here in vegas, people use bitcoin debit cards at my work I've swiped over 3 myself. That's after I learned what a bitpay is

>bitpay
Might as well say paypal because it's the same thing.

>we put value on scarce things

No we don't.

Retarded people are scarce too, like you for example.

We put value on scarce things that are actually useful.

Gold actually has physical uses in the real world, Bitcoin has none.

Energy is an infinite resource spread around the galaxy ready for the taking.
Fiat is perhaps the greatest ponzi scheme ever developed by mankind, it holds 0 value other than what people are willing to pay for a generated number on pixelated screen.

How about
>Anonemoose ?

What if there was a metal that wasn't particularly useful for anything. Can't be used in construction, not shiny or malleable. But it had one special characteristic no other metal had, namely that it could be transferred over a communications channel. Would it be useful?

>Gold actually has physical uses in the real world
and I'm sure that practical use case justifies its price?

10% practical use .. yeah u right

Sending money from the US to the UK is slower than just taking a plane with a suitcase of money

> pixelated screen
upgrade ur shit monitor is ur text is pixelated retard
and all screens are pixels. fucking faggot writing can smell it a mile away

>it could be transferred over a communications channel

You do realize we can and have been transferring money over a "communications channel" for decades.

Bitcoin is a solution to a problem we don't have.

If you really think about it, we assign an arbitrary value to gold (which is just some metal) and money (which is just some paper). So not much different than BTC or anything else for that matter.

We've been transferring fiat money over censorable channels sure.

Tranferring money outside of the country sucks. You're stuck using Paypal or Western Union. WU sucks because of fees. Paypal sucks because your money is unusable until you get it out.

If you need to move to a different country the money in your bank accts is forfeit. You can take bitcoin with you anywhere in your pocket, or remember a 12 wrd seed and use it once you are in the next country over.

You can't take a suitcase full of dollars or gold bars that easily.

"It's a solution to a problem we don't have" much like back when email came out

>Retarded people are scarce too, like you for example.

Failed insult

>We put value on scarce things that are actually useful.

yea man runescape party hats are super useful, thats why people are buying them for $1500 in 2018

playerauctions.com/runescape-items/137106358i!5k-feedback-selling-yellow-partyhat/

scarcity is a valuable quality in itself, you absolute mongoloid dipshit

>If you need to move to a different country the money in your bank accts is forfeit. You can take bitcoin with you anywhere in your pocket, or remember a 12 wrd seed and use it once you are in the next country over.
>You can't take a suitcase full of dollars or gold bars that easily.

This is what angers (((them))) the most.
think about it for a second, it was never possible before in the history of mankind

It's not. this is what Jow Forumsbitcoin likes to say. Anything bad that happens to bitcoin apparently is good for bitcoin.

If by (((them))) you mean the govt and central bankers sure.

Imagine if this tech was available before and during WW2. Jews could have fled to a safe haven much sooner because their wealth was so much more portable.

But fuck yeah will it be great to have bitcoin come next financial crashes, bank runs, wars, etc.

We will be able to flee somewhere safe and take most of our wealth with us.

it's rare and takes a lot of effort to produce

>1$ bill
>being worth more than a dollar
uhhhhh???
also i'm pretty sure gold is rarer/more used now-a days and can't be handed out willy nilly

I can imagine a scenario where Bitcoin becomes the gold reserve for backing digital currencies. If the central banks won't give us the gold standard it's not unthinkable that we just make our own.

This. Retards are too dumb to understand that being scarce doesn't necessarily mean people would want it.