What caused the crypto crash of january 2018?

What caused the crypto crash of january 2018?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 4.25.07 PM.png (2196x860, 118K)

Your mom accidentally sat on it.

CME dumping physical BTC after stocking up on short futures contracts

If you sold when Bitconnect exit scammed, you would only be down 10% instead of 60-90%.

That was your fucking warning that people were cashing the fuck out of magic beans.

It made big news with stories like "Local Man Bought $2 in 2012 and is Local Billionaire Now". People bought in thinking it was magic money and now the hype has worn off. I doubt crypto will be able to make its gains back at this point

I'm not down at all though. I've been investing since early 2017.

Unironically futures

Bitcoin died the day Wall Street introduced contracts, anybody who was optimistic about Wall Street entering the market was deluded

Attached: Schermata 2018-04-01 alle 21.27.54.png (1092x926, 1.08M)

Normies

the explosion effect.. once it is finished settling we are in for another good show.

It was waaaay overbought in january. Most people didn't even expect it to pass 9000, let alone 15000.
What crashed it so hard however was normies weakhands. Everyone was fine seeing %25 green daily dildos, but the first %10 drop,started making them uncomfortable. When we hit 10k and bounced backed 16k, I told everyone around me, it's going to crash. There's no way in hell so many normies can manage this volatility, and here we are.

November-december was definitely the result of massive fomo. I'm not sure what caused the significant run-up until that, though.

Newfags overbuying

Crypto projected market cap is in the trillions faggot. Don't think so narrow. Also the stock market is 300 trillion, blockchain will eventually consume traditional stocks

such shit logic. log off your computer for 6 months and come back, pajeet

The Jews

Lel so edgy. You went on 4chin and were all edgy like everyone else. Omg so edgy. The jews... lmao. Like those memes. Omfg..

This is literally the only reason. They are making money from keeping the price down now. Accumulate slowly to avoid moving price, then dump all at once to trigger stops, liquidations, etc. Make a killing shorting.

pic related

Attached: jewbagholder.png (596x643, 29K)

we took profit.
you didn't.

The kikes

This. A fucking stock market with overhyped tech companies is worth 300 TRILLION.
We are at mere ~250 Bilions. When the floodgates for institutions will open, all hell will break loose.
There is no proper infrastructure for institutional money in place, yet. Do you really think they will invest on Binance?

>Crypto projected market cap is in the trillions

Projection =/= reality.

FUNDS ARE SAFE

Attached: Schermata 2018-03-31 alle 16.24.45.png (694x718, 563K)

>There is no proper infrastructure for institutional money in place, yet. Do you really think they will invest on Binance?
There's a better way.

Attached: big money 2016.png (687x816, 454K)

CZ please bless me with dubs

>Crypto projected market cap is in the trillions faggot

*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Trumps executive order against human trafficking 2 weeks before hand. Bitcoin is basically collateralized CP, future generations being the collateral.

blowoff top in dec caused btc crash
normies flowed into shitcoins pumping them up till early jan
then blow off top crashed that market too.

it physically hurts that i can't know what will happen to this market. if it will recover. how long it will take.

it hurts biz.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (600x600, 3K)

It's impossible to tell whether you are an actual retard or a scammer

Either way this post is hilarious and I will screencap it as buttcoins keep heading toward zero

The day crypto died.

How ducked am I !?)

Attached: IMG_1591.jpg (750x1012, 73K)

Buy high, sell low, you've got a winning strategy

sell.

112k was peak. Trust me I could lose it all at this point.

Should I become a monk? What else is there in life

"them"

Who? All you bearish faggots who took profits.
For fuck sake. Just stop selling and it will come back.

bcash/coinbase causing normal users to mistrust the whole market

you're fine bro.
should I sell now, guys? or should I wait?

Attached: trx_04-01-18.jpg (2070x1423, 458K)

Market cycles

it's worthless cr*moid

I seriously doubt BTC will ever be as high as it once was, considering there are better options now (namely ETH), but other coins will reach a new peak likely by the end of the year as usual.

Basically some will never get as high as they once were, but some will go higher. We just can't predict when the next bull will come, but typically it starts mid year then ravages it's way up until December. Now's the best time to buy unless you like being poor.

>Crypto projected market cap is in the trillions faggot
who's projection? oh that's right fucking permabulls. How can you even compare it to the stock market, where stocks of ACTUAL companies who make USEFUL things in the REAL world are traded? are you saying a literal DATABASE tech is going to be worth trillions? KEK

He's partially right. The kike machine has been against crypto since day 1. Once they got wind that a bunch of us got rich they called up their media connects and started shilling hard against crypto.

Reminder do not respond to creame posters

He's a genuine retard.

>tfw I missed my chance

maybe there will be another bubble to get in on in a decade
we had the dot com bubble in the 90s
crypto bubble in the 2010s

just gotta keep an eye out

Attached: 1371767726552.gif (500x210, 951K)

>the jews
test. did i say this

Just wait till 90% of 2017 ICOs fold. I thought I might be able to buy back into BTC at 5k, now that I see the ICO ship has already started rocking (JNT looks likely to be the first big capitulation) Im looking lower.