Jow Forums senpai - Critique my concept - push it to its logical edge - stress test it - I must be able to cogently...

Jow Forums senpai - Critique my concept - push it to its logical edge - stress test it - I must be able to cogently defend it.

My background is in marketing.
Additionally, I am a goldsmith.
I have a production pipeline which utilizes highly specialized expertise at each step.
I have trusted materials sources.

The concept is this:
I would like to shitpost with some of the most historically valued materials on Earth.

I would do this in a fine art context, which would allow me to sidestep the traditional industry issue with price competition. (A complaint heard loudly around the contemporary jewelry industry.)

The market I think would be most receptive to some of my initially planned projects are people who are pop art, and rap music aligned culturally. I generally consider myself culturally intuitive, I participate deeply in both of these spheres and have been assured of other actors confidences as well.

Off the bat, a 3x return on production cost is a reasonable expectation, however this can grow as personal notoriety grows.

I am currently looking for investment through a few venues, and am offering a 50/50 profit split on a per-project basis. As someone who’s raised investment before a short term 2x is generally a respectable offer.

Additionally, my assessment is that the projects are fairly low risk, as a majority of capital is held in precious materials with highly established values.

>Thoughts?
>Anything I didn’t cover?

Thanks guys!

Attached: F97E29FF-8558-40F4-995E-F291698D99B1.png (1128x1022, 1.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hope I can engage you in a good conversation about the merits or potential pitfalls of this plan.

On mobile, still OP. Really curious if this forum talks about anything other that crypto.

It's a form of art

You will not get investors as one person just starting out. Build a portfolio, sell some custom pieces. If they don't suck then you can fund yourself. I wouldn't worry about looking for capital.They will find you

I have a broad portfolio here, moving into a new tier requires more capital than I can front personally.

I think the beauty here is that I can angle as an artist without having to rely on personal prominence at start, as the medium is popular in mainstream culture now.

First projects were selected for potential hype, incl. collaborations with larger brands that I have connections to. Buyers have been floated but not confirmed.

Bump.

Can you give us an example op you caught my attention

The content would range from references to hentai and art history to veneration of cultural institutions.

The goal is that, not only is the content culturally relevant, but the technical execution on par with historic jewelry houses.

This shit again? Did you not find enough "investors" on your 1st go through? Stop spamming your stupid jewelry project and lame ideas on Jow Forums.

"Note: Jow Forums is NOT a place for ADVERTISING or SOLICITING. Do NOT use it to promote your business, ventures, or anything you may have an interest in. Anything that looks remotely like advertising or soliciting will be removed. Begging/asking (including tipping) for cyptocurrencies or asking for money/capital is also strictly forbidden. Want to advertise? Buy a banner Jow Forums targeted banner ad:

This isn’t an advertisement, this is a conversation about an approach to business. If I’m soliciting anything it’s critique.

OMFG its this same fag again phoneposting conversations with himself.
WE NEVER LEAVE WE SEE ALL YOUR THREADS
All of them
You cant escape you scammer fuck

Posting from my phone now.

samefagging and scamming, that's all you do. reported.

Posting from my WiFi now. These are my two IDs. None others.

This is ridiculous, you’re intentionally ignoring any of the content of my post, to further some fictional narrative about how I’m a scammer. Nobody’s asking for anything other than critique. Kys.

>*eye roll* bump

reported, told you to fuck off many times. no one gives a fuck

>Present idea ask for critique
>Not breaking any rules
>”REPORTED”
>Triggered much?

Oh hey it's Goldsmith guy again.
Sup OP, sorry about the cold reception you receive here.

I really like your idea, but to be honest with you, it seems doomed from a marketing perspective. The demographic of people interested in your ideas are basement dwelling poorfags who mooch off their parents and can't even pay their own WoW subscriptions, much less buy luxury jewelry.

Rich people don't care about weeaboo memes, nor do they want to be seen wearing them.

Retard the problem isnt posting from different ids its that you were pretending to be different people when you got caught lmao
Fucking idiot

I hate all these fucking people who derailed my thread. They burry good content behind useless bullshit.

Your content is fucking brainlet scam garbage.
Its not even a good scam, its overcomplicated and stupid and you are a moron.

I disagree with you. I participate deeply in these areas of culture and my assessment is that it’s something that’s got a lot of mainstream potential. Irony and edge are wildly mainstream.

This certainly isn’t for basement dwellers.

This is a good point op. If you want to make jewelry out of memes you have to first assume that there are a plethora of rich memelords trying to spend a few k for a joke piece

Attached: FB_IMG_1521169121601.jpg (1006x1006, 57K)

>Ask for advice
>”YOURE SCAM-NING”
>How?

It’s a fair point, but my approach is generally unconventional. It always is. Too many predictions have been executed on before I was able to, I’m tired of letting that happen.

The content isn’t exclusively memes, it’s more culturally directed, drawing from memes because they’re a large part of culture. Framing it as art I think further removes it from basement dweller market.

fuck off, you got caught samefagging, bumping your own thread relentlessly, and you drop your email in the thread for “investor” follow up. and most importantly, your ideas are shit, and you’re so autistically hard headed you can’t see that they’re shit.

Nonsequitur about me, that I think helps to describe my approach and gut as an individual. I make things happen.

I snuck past the secret service in high school onto an airport tarmac to see Obama.

>Wow.
>One person says my idea is shit.
>I should quit.

Don’t like my thread? Ignore it. Having conversations about business are fully within the scope of appropriate behavior for this board.

I wasn’t deterred by the fucking snipers on the tarmac in high school, I’m not deterred by your annoying ass now.

how about you go out into the real world and follow through on your shit ideas? how many "critique" threads do you need before you feel like your shit ideas are validated? oh it takes money to get your venture off the ground, i see, that's why your here...

You want to produce golden pepes and sell them online? Why not?

Listen, I wasn’t initially aware of the rules of the forum, but now I’m abiding them.

>Please fuck off.

>Pink diamond encrusted necklaces that say HENTAI, or SENPAI

>Fully diamond covered Tamagotchi.

>Things with shitty flames on them.

The content would range from references to hentai and art history to veneration of cultural institutions.

The goal is that, not only is the content culturally relevant, but the technical execution on par with historic jewelry houses.

Art is going to moon guys. Don't miss out this time. Invest in meme art.

I would like meme shit like rings with DEUS VULT on them, pepe beads and rose gold wojaks

I actually own a jewelry store btw

Lol. I’m serious about angling it that way.

Word. I don’t know how well this would perform in a traditional setting such as a jewelry store. I think it requires the creation of another narrative and figure to bring it to people.

The trolls are correct that I need funding for it. If anyone, by their own prerogative would like to follow up with me about that, I’m open to it, though not asking for it.

ah yes, it was only a matter of time

It’s important to me that this discussion is approached within the rules of the board, and I believe that I’m fully above board in acknowledging that.

how long until you samefag as an interested investor, asking for your email address?

Give me like 5 more minutes, THEN I got you.
>*eye roll*

Actually, new plan. I’m gonna start samefag LARPING as you.

>Shut up OP! I hate you.
>SCAM!
>Reported

Am I doing it right?

Why would you try to get money on a Japanese hentai board instead of just taking a loan from the bank? Loan is also way cheaper

This is a way better story to tell.

Have raised 6-figures for other projects. Legit means are not beyond me.

Any other questions?
Would love to keep discussing.

what kind of revenue are we talking about?

First few projects are between $5-15k for which I would expect a 3x return. I would expect this to grow as my identity and work becomes established.

Yo -- I'm the guy from chanmail.

You still haven't found anyone to fund you?
I see your approach has changed, though. Interesting.

I'm still interested if you can figure out a way to add trust.

Has developed an idea that I planned to sell to rapper Lil Yachty. Postponed funding funding for it. 12 months later he announces on GQ that’s he’s having it done. Lost out on $200k that day. Not letting that happen again.

I’ve spoken to a few people, one of which I’m meeting in person soon.
If you’re in the LA area I would love to meet face-to-face.

What makes each person comfortable in a scenario is super subjective. I would be more that willing to hear you out on any requirements you had.

You still have my email?

For lurkers:
>[email protected]

Yes, it’s a throwaway. We can move to my personal email after.

OP here, I’m gay
>Bump

Keep it up senpai.
Love the discussion

Note: Jow Forums is NOT a place for ADVERTISING or SOLICITING. Do NOT use it to promote your business, ventures, or anything you may have an interest in. Anything that looks remotely like advertising or soliciting will be removed.

Want to advertise? Buy a banner Jow Forums targeted banner ad: Jow Forums.org/advertise?selfserve

>Asks for discussion on approach to business
>Hur-dur “No advertising”
>Cool, holding a discussion isn’t advertising

Miss that part about soliciting investors? Keep it up senpai-fag.

Lol. Acknowledging that a business needs funding is not equal to soliciting investment. Kys

Op here, more critique?

*dab*

Bump

This is an overly complicated scam and even if it weren’t no one is going to buy retarded pepe necklaces and no one in their right mind would invest in making them

Still not a scam, and it seems like you only skimmed the OP, not making pepe necklaces.
>lol

>Notice me senpai

Oh for fuck sake are you still here

Yes I am.

Absolute brainlet. Cant you be banned for samefagging?

Incorrect and nope. Kys

kys arsehole. any "investors" yet? kek

Read the fucking thread. I’m here to discuss the merits of the idea. If somebody wants to invest, that’s their own prerogative but it’s not what I’m here looking for.

And yes, met 4 fucking people off Jow Forums

*dab*

>And yes, met 4 fucking people off Jow Forums
was that before or after you dodged sniper fire on your way to see obama?

It’s a true story. Didn’t dodge sniper fire but they were around, on high ground in tactical gear.

And obviously my Jow Forums connections were after. Obama’s hasn’t been President for a while man.

>telling truth
>doesn’t believe me
>eye roll

Like, you can fact check that and find my story. Was covered in the OC Register.

OP IS A SCAMMER

>Asks for critique
>”SCAMMER”
>How is that possibly a scam idiot?

>Note: Jow Forums is NOT a place for ADVERTISING or SOLICITING. Do NOT use it to promote your business, ventures, or anything you may have an interest in

I remember you faggot. Fuck off.

K. Again. No one is soliciting anything but critical thought. Totally within the rules of a board about business topics.

Bump

I like the idea

but no money to give you aha.

Haha! I totally appreciate it!

So, you wanna be like TV Johnny?

Attached: real_boy.png (445x676, 571K)

TV Johnny is the tackiest person that I’ve ever seen. I could, as it stands, produce better executed work than him and I wouldn’t look like a desperate idiot doing it.

Arguably the most retarded OP I've ever seen

Attached: 1522600396994s.jpg (166x250, 5K)

Lol short answer: No, would be at a fully different tier.

Pick one person who you'd love to have as your first big customer.

>I’m not really going to feel bad about you know having the creativity to see units of culture interacting in new ways.

Until recently I’d have said Lil Yachty. I had planned to remake his hair beads, covered in diamonds.

Unfortunately he revealed in the latest GQ video that he’s now having it done. Had I acted 12 months ago when I first conceptualized it there would be an extra (roughly) $200k in my pocket today. But I postponed finding capital.

I could see others in that vein appreciating and purchasing my work, however angling as an artist will ultimately be far more profitable if well executed.

I have a collaboration with a skate brand for which the details are being worked out. There have been a few big skaters floated as purchasers.

>*Bump*

My favorite thing is when people ask good questions then bounce.

My favourite thing is when you bump your own threads like a pathetic retard and then kys.
Daily reminder this is a scam.
See you next thread.

>Asks for critique
>”SCAMMER”
>How is that possibly a scam idiot?

Unless you think anything not about crypto is a fucking scam.

I'm concerned that you're underestimating how much networking will be absolutely critical in you even contacting your potential customers.

If access to rich celebrities isn't a problem for you, then what the fuck are you waiting for? If it doesn't work just melt it down and try again. Isn't scrap value extremely high for jewelers?

One of the things I’m totally wealthy in is connections. Fucking steeped in it. Access is no problem at all for me.

The thing I’m waiting for is enough capital to make the work. What I can front personally wouldn’t impress anybody.

And you’re right with that last understanding. I’m the unlikely event that a piece is a total flop, the materials can 100% be recycled into new work.

I can get a personal intro to anyone I would need to.

This is a scam

You have still not sold me.

Attached: 1520234414141.jpg (400x400, 65K)

No matter how many times you say it’s a scam doesn’t actually make it a scam.

Glad you’re skeptical about people online, but honestly, that’s a basic fucking skill.

Go be annoying somewhere else.