QuadrigaCX

Is this the best thing available for us cancucks? 1.5% fee is really amazing all things considered, but I've been reading a lot of bad reviews and horror stories on plebbit about them.

Attached: quadrigacx.png (826x312, 298K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/comments/883uf4/i_just_got_this_email_at_work_company_wide_pardon/
tmx.com/newsroom?id=650&lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're the last worst of the bunch IMO. I tried to go with CoinSquare last time and they're terrible; their "advanced trading" system is made to be confusing and you can only buy BTC with it, for ETH and everything else, you have to make market orders at a ridiculous markup that changes as soon as you do try to place the order, then they also overcharge you for transfers. After all was said and done, on a $750 on CoinSquare I only got about $600 worth of ETH, by far the worst experience I've had with any exchange yet.

So at least Quadriga is better than that. The big problem right now though is getting money there. All Canadian banks are disabling interac/debit crypto purchases, and if you want to wire money, minimum is 50k. The other option is using those FlexiPin things, but they had 2.5% or so when you buy them, and 2.5% again when you deposit them, which ends up making the whole thing expensive. They're supposed to add back interac e-transfers soon (which is different than interac online) which will make it possible to deposit normal amounts without insane fees again, but they're supposed to add it back "soon" since the start of the year. I'm still waiting after them to do so.

Coinsquare is better and easier to get money into

Quadriga has been great. Banks trying to tell me what I'm allowed to do with my money has not been.

>All Canadian banks are disabling interac/debit crypto purchases
since when? are they in the process of implementing this or did they already do it? why would they even do that in the first place?

honestly, i just went to canada post today to get verified and the process was surprisingly fast. 2 minutes at the desk and within 5 minutes i got an email saying i was verified. I just funded my account with $250 to start through interac network, but now i'm getting a message alerting me that the network is with-holding the funds up to 72 hours or some shit like that. I'm hoping that's a one time thing for new members.

why is coinsquare better?

>least worst
And not "last worst". Most of the people who complain do so because their withdrawals are not treated instantly, and so they go complain at banks and to the RCMP, which closes Quadriga's bank accounts, which create other delays, etc. I'm sure there are shady things going on with Quadriga like with any other exchanges, but dumbasses don't help the situation. Recently a couple went on the news because "Quadriga stole their money". It turns out that after having verified, the couple sent a wire from another unauthorized name, and when that got frozen, with reason, for suspicious activity, then ignored all emails from Quadriga and went directly to the police and the news. Anyway, for deposits I've never had problems with them, for withdrawals, it depends how much, of course if you want to withdraw 6 or 7 figures you might need to wait a few weeks at least, but that's still the best option of the bunch for Canadians as far as I know.

My Quadriga experience:
>took 3 weeks to get approved
>could send money using bank transfer
>soon after this was stopped and you either had to use wire transfer(50k minimum), need a interac card which I think i no longer an option, or use those flexpin things
>said fuck this and went to coinsqaure

My CoinSqaure experience:
>could sign up and deposit money instantly using e-transfer
>probably getting raped in fees but whatever

BMO has now blocked interac online as well as credit. They did it in a sneaky underground way where they didn't release an announcement, and attempts to do so just lead you to a "this transaction cannot be processed" page. Not sure if it's legal to block any attempt to put money in to Quadriga when it's a completely legitimate company.

>since when? are they in the process of implementing this or did they already do it? why would they even do that in the first place?
Most banks have started not long ago, supposedly RBC doesn't block them yet, but they do so to "protect users". The one that blocks these transactions the most is probably BMO, and coincidentally they're partnering with a Toronto exchange that will also offer crypto, strange, I know.
reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/comments/883uf4/i_just_got_this_email_at_work_company_wide_pardon/

Attached: _eBxois0k_zurZj_XwQTpTKwIkphnwFDkNB8YSZALLc.jpg (729x768, 157K)

thank God I'm with RBC...but still this 72 hour security holding thing when trying to fund the account is not cool

why are canadian banks doing this like what the fuck?

>72 hour security holding thing when trying to fund the account is not cool
It's really not that long, and I think that's only for the first time you're funding your account unless that changed. And it's up to 72 hours, and it can take less than that. They need to protect themselves a bit from people trying to buy with stolen cards or trying to cancel transactions after they've gone through. For comparison's sake, CoinSquare holds your fund for a week or so and are a lot less up front about it.

i can still use my visa debit with TD to buy from coinbase, but visa credit is blocked
i've already stocked up a bit i'm just HODLing anyway

>why are canadian banks doing this like what the fuck?
As I said above, it"s "to protect you and your money". Of course, some banks like BMO are also partnering with brokerage services which will soon start to sell crypto, but that couldn't have anything to do with it since that would be abusing their position of power.
tmx.com/newsroom?id=650&lang=en

pretty sure TD stopped credit purchases of crypto to stop people from maxing out credit cards to buy coins and then have no way of paying back

There's that too. People are dumb and were making large crypto purchases and then defaulting on them, or started pretending that they weren't the ones who had done them when the market started tanking. But blocking them for everyone still sucks.

Credit cards makes sense. Debit is scummy.

I use e-transfer with ezbtc.ca. You can buy alts with fiat. Downside is that Crypto withdrawals takes hours to do.

I use kraken from canuckland

i use quadriga. i buy flexepin using topmeup.ca and instantly transfer. my last transaction was 511 to buy a 500 voucher and after transfering in it was worth 487.5. could be worse?

my bank (CIBC) actually blocks interac on the site but I get around it by buying the flexepin with e-transfer. i'm really happy with the process, actually

I got verified and everything but then TD wouldn't work with interac online and they didn't have e-transfer back yet so I switched to CoinSquare which does have a withholding period after you buy but it's only 2.5% for an etransfer

Use quicktrade then pleb

The bot buy and sell walls and other manipulation on Quadriga are dishonest, and one of the reasons why crypto is being destroyed with regulation.

I have probably lost at least four digits because of this bullshit, because it's the only practical option for me to get fiat.

Has anyone had success withdrawing CAD from Quad to BMO bank?

This is not how credit card providers function.

well then you explain why TD stopped credit purchases but not debit transactions