What advantages does gold have over bitcoin?

What advantages does gold have over bitcoin?

Attached: bitcoin-gold-bullion-toronto-640x445.jpg (640x445, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-01/visualizing-all-silver-world
macrotrends.net/2517/gold-prices-vs-silver-prices-historical-chart
farms.com/classifieds/livestock-poultry-pets/sheep-and-goats/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's heavy, easy to steal and no merchants accept it.

You can rub it on your nips

Peter schiff wont slob your knob for bitcoin

It's more hassle to sell.

Its bubble hasn't popped yet.

It cannot be downloaded off the internet

kek

Attached: 506075276bb3f7f35200001a-960-579.jpg (960x579, 64K)

It has hold out for over 5000 years, that's a pretty reliable bubble.

I can make it into jewelry.

Reserve currency of the last 5000 years versus the reverse currency of neckbeards and speculators.

That's the USD bubble collapse turned upside down

its downslope isn't as steep

Attached: based.png (897x545, 551K)

This, but its also an actual physical item, which also happens to have actual use cases other than buying drugs and other degenerate shit on the darkweb.

Attached: oy1bmxd0on501.jpg (500x661, 102K)

If you want something that will 'moon', buy silver, silver is drastically undervalued. historically silver's value ratio to gold has been 1/5 which reflects the scarcity in that the amount of mined/owned silver to gold ratio is 1/5. but right now the price of silver vs gold is 1/50
zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-01/visualizing-all-silver-world

the actual use cases amount to a value less than copper though (unless you count jewely as a use case...)

It will still work in a total SHTF scenario.

The end of the world would most likely kill Bitcoin.

Then again, Bitcoin's pretty ok if the only thing that can 100% end it is the end of the world.

gold is a tangible asset, shitcoin is not

Way more liquid and way more private. It's almost like physical monero

thanks just bought 100k (that was double sold to me through a paper note)

I can't tell if this is ironic or not

Not really, most gold is just on paper. And just because it's a shiny heavy rock that you can hold doesn't mean it's not in a massive bubble. The only time gold MIGHT be worth something other that it's speculative value is in a total economic collapse. Bullets, canned food, and smokes will outperform gold anyways. Even in just major crash the fed can still fuck with gold by issuing gold on paper while keeping their own reserves, doubling supply.

The use cases for gold are minimal, the current value is extremely inflated.

>extremely stable element that could be left in a vault for a billion years without decaying
>its a fucking rare element, so it's naturally going to be more expensive and desired
>the energy required to create gold from other atoms is ridiculous. You could spend a billion dollars on electricity and you still wouldn't have enough to create a nano gram of gold
>people like wearing it as jewellery and using it to show their wealth
>there is a limited amount on earth, and the massively growing population means there's less and less gold on earth to go around
>it backs some currencies like the Swiss franc
>all governments hold it
>it has been used as a currency for thousands of years in most societies
>it isn't software from 2008, so it won't eventually be useless when new generation computers arrive

What? Show me one place that silver was worth 1/5 of gold

macrotrends.net/2517/gold-prices-vs-silver-prices-historical-chart

>being this much of a gold-cuck

gold isnt provably rare. your entire argument is based around this. what if we find a giant gold vein that has 10x the gold we know about? how do you know such a thing hasnt been found, and kept secret?

what happens when we start mining asteroids in the next 50-100years?

btc is the first verifiably scarce resource on earth

it even has a perfect 1st sell off part, how to short gold?

>being this much of a moron

There has been absolutely no evidence on earth or off earth that shows that gold isn't rare as shit.

>muh asteriod mining

Kek, can't wait to see people spending 100 billion dollars to retrieve a million dollars worth of gold. The logistics alone will be a nightmare.

>buttcorns is scarce

I guess you're rig- *forks your shitcoin*.
Wow, now you have thousands of different buttcorns with identical code and thousands more with superior code!

What great long term prospects bitcorns has.

I second this.. technology is cool, bit currencies are worthless. And for the 'it's still in it's early days' ... sure.. but is AOL still around?

ITS REAL. How about that?

It's real

it's real because you can hold it unlike bitcoin which is a fiction backed by nothing

Attached: ijj1aSW.png (485x443, 22K)

literally this. it actually exists. and wasnt made by some chink faggot who knew he who scam the entire world into thinking they were all going to be rich.

>thinking my gen and following gens will give a flying fuck about gold and shiny rock flashing
>thinking any currency is still backed by gold
>thinking there is anything other than the one and only BTC

Attached: 1514156752919.png (408x450, 34K)

it's a kike magnet.

boomers understand gold they dont understand bitcorns

Attached: 1521397866377.webm (1280x720, 1.82M)

all kidding aside how do physical goldfags get over the tungsten problem? and don't tell me reputation of the dealers because just DYOR and you'll see the tungsten problem is real. I've seen small sized machines that test for purity but are they available to the consumer and what is the cost like? furthermore how can you feel good holding gold when the tungsten problem exists in the first place and impacts the market even if your gold is real?

Gold Purity Spectrum Analyser

He's wrong historically it was 1/16 and 9 times as much silver is mined as gold but currently silver is 1/80 silver to gold. Silver is more transactable than gold because at 1350 an ounce gold is hard to trade for regular shit. Silver is undervalued but not as much as the other poster said.

Keep in mind that JP Morgan supresses the price of silver and they have 150 million ounces they can use to wreck thr market at any time. They know it's a good store of value and they want to dissuage retaip investors for buying it.

Also, silver is not an investment. It's as much as an investment as Swiss Francs. It's money. Just like Bitcoin or dollars. An investment has a profit or a return. Silver is just a semi stable place to keep your money.

I recommend a 5-10% stake in silver as a wealth protection hedge. If you want to make money you are better off buying a stock that pays a dividend.

Silver is just a safe place to keep some wealth, but not an investment. it's actually money.

it's value is not real.
>#jewelry
is a fucking joke, being able to smuggle money over to someone in the middle of a warzone on the other side of the fucking planet is way more useful.
So in general, Gold will be better than BTC until the boomers start retirering.

on the real I don't like talking about it because it's cheap right now but silver is much more accessible and makes more sense than gold

omfg i have snot on my keyboard

what the FUCK am i watching

yeah, silver is a real resource, I'm not going to argue with you there. and it's puts silver on a whole other level.

what is baldie doin there tbhfam? he just picked his eye lol

you cant measure gold in dollars, this measures dollars, not gold.

That's Bruce Leaf, the hero canada doesn't deserve

Attached: bruce leaf.png (1651x878, 2.25M)

how to invest

bitcoin exist a whole lot actually
its incredibly hard to prove or even pretend my coin doesnt exist, thats basically the whole point of the blockchain

it has additional use cases, like voting on the default motto of the knights of malta

It can't be forked.
It can't be hacked.
It can't be double spent.
It has real world uses aside from use as currency.

>What advantages does gold have over bitcoin?
JEWs have not enought bitcoins yeat

Attached: BIG_B_WOB.jpg (750x554, 143K)

Makes a good conductor

>It can't be forked.
Bitcoin
>It can't be hacked.
Bitcoin
>It can't be double spent.
Bitcoin
>It has real world uses aside from use as currency.
Bitcoin

>It can't be forked.
why is that a problem
>It can't be hacked.
as with bitcoin
>It can't be double spent.
as with bitcoin
>It has real world uses aside from use as currency.
not really

who the hell buys gold for his "real world use" what do you do with it when its laying in your bank or safe you fucking morons?

I think security tokens that are asset backed are entering the gold market. Been watching a thing called moria that is linked to a gold mining consortium.

Waiting to see if they have a silver asset backed one eventually.

Really curious if they are registered with the SEC

it has chocolate inside

1 gold is always = 1 gold.

Thanks for the expert analysis.

Crypto,and metals are all undervalued you moron.

There's an actual real-world object you can hold in your hand behind it.

Its actually real

It's such a crazy paradox how gold bugs are given this cherry picking *belief buffet* when Crypto is clearly controlled, designed and going to be the one world currency by TPTB.

well it's the magic word is made pretty clear in this thread
>it's real

No, I meant being a gold bug relies on the premise of economic collapse or some Magical, banking inter-dimensional space pedophile Jew that has been controlling the world for thousands of years controlling and suppressing the price of precious metals.

Yet it's so hard to believe that those beliefs come with the knowledge of the space banker jew pedophiles creating a one world currency but totally out the other ear.

At least these stupid fucking street shitting paheet 50$ portfolio shitcoin faucet fucks have logical explanations between gold vs silver.

Attached: 1521769110007.jpg (1600x792, 361K)

Gold should be your "fuck you" money, ie, a savings to cover 1 year of your expenses. use this to leave society for a period of time whenever you want, and your money is guaranteed to still be just the way you left it (assuming its safe)

I use it as my emergency savings. its not an investment, its a savings account, that fights inflation

Why is gold going down during recessions?

if you've learned anything from crypto, it should be that "logical" valuations are absolutely meaningless

stabilty for wealth preservation
1 gold denarius (1.43 oz) still worth a sheep since ancient rome

>1 gold denarius (1.43 oz) still worth a sheep since ancient rome
$2000 for a sheep? dont think so
farms.com/classifieds/livestock-poultry-pets/sheep-and-goats/

none

You can bite it like a 19th century prospector