XLM | Stellar - General

If you are not all in on XLM, you are really fucking up.

Benefits of Stellar:

- ICOs
- Smart-contracts
- IBM running the world-wide network nodes and shilling Stellar (dashboard.stellar.org/)
- Stellar consensus protocol: 1000s tx / second (global scale)
- Inflation distributed weekly to those who own XLM (lumenaut.net/)

Recent News:

- FairX Beta delayed April/May: twitter.com/fairxio/status/963549338004684800
- (((Lightning))) Live by 01 DEC - stellar.org/blog/lightning-on-stellar-roadmap/#overview
- IBM Blockchain VP on XLM: medium.com/@kuipr/ama-with-the-head-of-ibm-blockchain-jesse-lund-64b8fe13ceba

Upcoming Events:

- Raleigh NC Meatup - 31 March w/ Lisa Nestor
- Tokenize Assets on Stellar, SF Meatup - 10 April w/ Boris Reznikov
- IBM Q1 Earnings - 17 April
- BayPay Forum - 19 April w/ Jed McCaleb

Recent Partnership:

- Keybase.io
- Blockdaemon.com (Blockdaemon claims Stellar will be *THE* Ethereum of 2018; Blockdaemon backed by Comcast)
- Korean Anchor deal sealed; announcement soon

Big Things to Watch For:

- Jed claims "interesting" announcement soon; likely IBM's plans with central banks + tokenization of central bank fiat
- Official IBM news on their Hyper/Stellar Ledger plans
- Stripe BTC replacement announcement circa April
- FairX Beta - April/May
- Lightyear.io major announcement late March/April

On FairX:

- FairX is NOT an exchange (i.e., like GDAX), SDEX is Stellar's exchange
- Instead, FairX is likely a bridging mechanism + fiat anchor; a component of SDEX, designed to enable fiat -> crypto and crypto

Attached: 15146674028222.jpg (1484x955, 170K)

I bought 166k stellar at 23 cents. I'm getting 34 stellar every inflation payout with lumenaut pool.

where do you see price eoy?

$30?

i mean $6

Around the 30cent mark

166,669 lumens exactly. It is my 3rd biggest hold.

> 1$

what are your top 2? also with that 30 cent estimate does that mean you are predicting a down year for crytpo in general?

What wallet are you using?

i use nano ledger but there are many wallets

stellar desktop client is very easy to use

Yes I am. I believe that most cryptos will keep dipping throughout the year. The survivors will be those that have
a) made their Dev team/founder incredibly wealthy and yet still see active development favoured over out and out marketing
b) non- proof of work consensus.
My other holdings possess these traits as well, with the exception of monero. I will however be keeping an eye out for stellar ICOs as they begin to pick up

Attached: bridge-ibm.png (1212x333, 47K)

>not even 10% of lumens are given out yet
>the only use case of lumens is as an intermediary currency for trades between other currencies, making the value irrelevant
I don't see how the price of XLM should increase

I bet you didnt see how the price of btc could increase either

ICOs or ERC20 tokens reflagging into XLM like KIN is doing will be a big one over the year.

Ethereum network is dog shit and is , bear market aside, the biggest reason ETH is declining so badly. Its a ICO token yet it can handle 7 tx/s. For ERC20 tokens that are not scams, the 1% out there, they need a network that doesnt suck dick.

Lightning on BTC mainnet is still developing and given that BTC is light years ahead of ETH, ETH runs a high risk of dying this year.

Wow nice argument man, but did you know that BTC has completely different use cases that directly increase the demand like store of value?

Aren't the XLM fees ridiculously low? How does this create any significant demand for XLM?

Massive transfers using XLM as an intermediary will probably happen late 2018

Exactly. I feel like very few of the dapps that will be made on the Eth network will actually take advantage of or necessitate Turing complete smart contracts.

For those that do, fine.
For those that don't, why would you not want a scalable, LN ready and smart contract capable currency as your base?

You need XLM to buy ICOs. Also, XLM can be used as currency, in-and-of itself.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude my dearest anonymous friend.
>There's no guarantee xlm is going to rise, we're all speculators, this is not financial advice.
What I do believe is that when crypto had a seemingly endless bull run, the more futuristic and buzzwordy of altcoins got more attention because the general feeling was that nothing could fail. Eth, nem, ada, tron, neo and other coins thst got to the top 10 are all very much whitepapers and ambitious ideas. As user mentioned in eth can barely handle any volume at all.
Xlm is boring. It's a platform for digitized assets to be traded. But it's backed by now-innovation-hungry IBM, has solid code (do google reviews on its code), is inflationary and is planning to "bank the unbanked", which is an euphemism for "get people to buy xlm tokens instead of anything else"
When the tech bubble happened in the 2000s, there were many ambitious and futuristic projects. All kinds of promises were made. The biggest champions of that era weren't ideas from out of this world:
>A search engine
>An online retail shop
>A modern blog
>Videogames

In conclusion, flashy and complicated blockchains arent gonna thrive when devs are struggling to get a blockchain running properly at all. Buy simple, buy functional. Buy xlm.

Attached: 1517711211915.jpg (1200x1200, 248K)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Stellar as a whole. But when I look at the currency itself, I'm not seeing any incoming moon missions or whatever.
Definitely keeping an eye on the project, but I don't see much reason to buy XLM right now.

best post-shill chat on this perpetual 'last warning'.

its true its a decade long takeover, itll be amazon like, but this year IBM rollouts, corridors and central banks start, as soon as one central bank accepts it, its plugged into the entire forex market. ai caramba

good thing we starting with 5 of them

Attached: central-banks.jpg (2702x1530, 391K)

>bought stellar at 70 cents, went all in because I thought it'd be at least $2 by now
How fucked am I?

patient/10

i will say that stellar is the only crypto i have that gives me fat dividends each week.

Attached: 1522509860110.png (378x417, 247K)

135 a week here

question

I have significant holdings on OMG (the only viable use-case for ETH), and the way I see it XLM intends to do more.

Should I sell my positions on OMG to get on board XLM
Also how is fairX still going to be relevant once Binance DEX is up?

>the only use of US dollars is as an intermediary currency for trades between other currencies and oil
And here we are ruling the world.

On fairX:
If XLM gets central banks to issue tokens i feel like fairX will be mostly irrelevant. Cash on-ramps for crypto will be a dime a dozen if the tokenized real world fiat is accessible to banks via the blockchain.

On OMG:
OMG is a good concept. However, youre making two bets on that. You're betting that ETH will get their transactions per second sorted out AND that OMG will be embraced by the mainstream payment companies. Even Vitalik says itll be 2+ years before the t/s problem is fixed. I think the dapp ecosystem cant thrive until the network is ready for prime time.