What's actually something good to major in for a degree?

specifically out of these:
business administration, computer science, health science

and any others you think is good (and why)

Attached: cd.jpg (964x669, 403K)

>business administration
With a focus on:
- finance / controlling
- taxes / accounting
- law / regulation

Nobody wants to do this stuff, yet every single one of these fields are either overaged like hell (finance, controlling & taxes), stable until the sun turns cold (taxes) or in dire need because of skyrocketing demand (law / regulation).

Why not math(trying to get into Mathematical economics)/ Economics?

Graduating without debt is infinitely more important than the degree itself.

No matter what degree you get, there are literally thousands of other sheep graduating with the exact same thing across the country. Who you know and your networking is more important.

To answer your question. Any stem degree.

As someone who has an accounting degree and finance degree, I'm going back for law school. Finance is useless unless you go to a top school. It is nearly impossible to get into in my market. Accounting makes you suck the corporate dick. It doesn't pay that well. Any other business administration digree is shit and you will be lucky to make more that $50k unadjusted for inflation.

meet
discuss

Fuck, I have a joint major in Econ/Math right now. Should I try and switch out into something like CS? I'm interested in pursuing finance but I don't know if I could land into a top school for grad school or maybe transfer. Is getting a degree in business or econ that useless? shit

philosophy
>get high as fuck and come up with bullshit arguments that no one wants to listen to
best degree ever

Physics (MSC or PhD)
Engineering (Computer or Electrical)
Econometrics (MSC or PhD)
Finance (courses on probability are a must)

Finance is fucking boring. Seriously boring. It might make you some good money, but it's hard to get into a position that pays well if you're not from a top school, and even if you do it'll suck out your soul.

CS is a bit different. Doesn't really matter what school you go to - as long as you have a good degree you'll find a job. But you need to understand that A LOT of entry-level stuff is just as crushing as jobs in finance. If you're not at the top of your game they'll take advantage of you and make you do pajeet work for shit pay while working overtime. What you want to do is get REALLY good at a specific thing (maybe a less frequently used language) and learn to sell yourself. It's not that hard to get a good job right out of school, but you have to weed out a lot of jobs, so you don't land in one of those pajeet camps.

Oh, and don't even think about going into game development. Everyone wants to do it, so companies will make you bleed for it as they can just replace you by one of the other 10000 applicants.

management information systems. biz and computers. warning: many pajeets and stinky chinkies but unironically these people can't manage

Not much to discuss. He might be right to some degree, as I indeed went to quite a good school and also can only speak about the situation in Europe - maybe it is different in the US.

Regarding degrees in business administration I just would avoid marketing (wayyyyy too much competition) - all the others will most likely land you at least a job, as long as you are not a complete brainlet.

Electrical engineering & automation

Absolutely god tier, I changed my mind in last sec for Computer engineering tho. Not sure if I am regretting it cuz I am only 2 year and bachelor program is very simmiliar.

But word of advice to anyone coming to CS, take the Comp eng. Embedded software engineer >> software engineer.

You cannot get outsourced by pajeets.

Advice? Going for a business management degree with an emphasis on paralegal. How the fuck do I get a job that will build my resume/career. Worked retail for three years and I’m fucking tired of it, I feel I am not advancing resume/job wise at a fast enough rate. I’m 19. I’ve though about sales but I don’t know where to look or what jobs I can get.

Business management, or something related to business. Don't go chasing scores, build your network there.

Computer science is the only one that will stay relatively the same over time if you have a theory focused education in it.

Im doing a bachelor of commerce in sydney australia and majoring in information systems. Look into it user its quite broad and a very useful position to fill.

I asked a similar question on Jow Forums a few weeks ago and got a good reply so ill copy paste it here:

"Dunno how the universities work in Oz nowadays bit you need to be combining information systems or computer science with accounting or finance. This was the way to do it for me and all my friends. Do not study law under any circumstances, avoid the humanities like the plague. Do not study management in commerce it is useless, as is marketing. Get good grades if you want a grad role and pad your CV with involvement in committees and volunteering and some work if you can.

I know people who studied this and now work as: business analyst fin services 160k, cyber security financial services 200k, technology audit 180k, tech consulting director 200+, programme manager 150k, fund manager (finance) pay unknown. Easiest entry point is to get a job in big four accounting firms doing tech audit then leave after four or five years and leverage their name for bux. Combo the two courses above, become a chartered accountant if you do accounting and you will be fine. Try to get into cyber security in financial services."

Any advice for calculus? I'm about to fail for the 3rd time, my best grade was a D. I feel like such an idiot but none of the topics are confusing at all I just get bad test stress. Is it possible to get some programming degree without going any further than calc 1?

There is CIS and you could probably minor in Computer Science. Did you attempt to find the easiest calc teacher at your school after your first fail using rate my professor and shit? I find the difficulty in math is highly dependent on the teacher.

>Business administration
meme tier unless you have a good gpa. If you go to a good school, the reputation will get a job
>computer science
Good if you have skills.
>Health science
lol.

engineering, with a masters. The more specialized, the better

Also, if you are like 90% of people who use Jow Forums (no social skills), I would highly recommend you steer clear of business.

You don't really know Calc 1 if you're failing you can't reasonably blame that on "test stress" unless you get physical panic attacks or something but you solve all the homework on first pass

There's plenty of math and mathematical thinking left in a CS degree (Calc 2, Discrete Math 1 and 2, Linear Algebra, Algorithms) if you're failing Calc 1 repeatedly that's a big red flag

Skip the Bachelor's. The Master's program at my school only requires college alg and trig

Attached: https _blogs-images.forbes.com_susanadams_files_2015_11_2-1200x759.jpg.png (960x607, 175K)

Attached: 1445542249309.png (1200x686, 123K)

that sounds pretty good, I don't have anything like that in my university though, just finance and accounting or IT/CS

I'm thinking of switching from IT to finance because I'm starting to lose interest in it, it's really the programming that's cucking me it's just so boring and tedious

There is no one answer. Engineering degrees have highest drop out rates of all degrees, people who are not interested in tech go into them and drop out with debt. You deen inherent interest whatever you are studying. Currently I would not advocate getting any degree if possible getting hired other ways. Degrees are getting highly inflated they simply dont pay off that well

Attached: 1512496554714.gif (302x200, 1.07M)

Im not sure how your uni works, but for me i can choose to do a double major - so maybe info systems + finance (probably wont be doing this due to massive workload) Or i could major in info systems and minor in finance/accounting.

Im not too sure what exactly ill do but info systems is definite.

I was thinking about minoring/ doing some basic computer science courses to get some programming knowledge because i think even basic knowledge is this can put me ahead when it comes to my area of interest.

Is it that bad though? What sort of assumed knowledged are you expected to have. Could you give me a quick run-down on it?

btw look into finance before you switch because it can get boring as fuck aswell, dont want to replace one shit course for another.

>deen
>need
Wow, I don't think I've ever witnessed this kind of dyslexic spelling error before. Interesting.

I could do a double major but yeah that's a crazy amount of work so I'd rather not. The closest thing I can do is major in IT and minor in accounting, there's no IS degree at all

I probably just hate programming this much because my university/lecturers that suck. Maybe it's not so bad at other universities but it feels like my classes are rushed and half assed which is due to my university cutting down course hours.

That's my worry too. I can deal with lots of reading and writing but if there's a lot of group work and presentations that would kill me, I think it really comes down to how my university handles it.