Will smart contract generate a second tier of hype, or not?

Don't you think sometime that you overstimate the possible hype that smart contracts can bring?
Maybe normies will even never know of smart contracts.... I mean whcih kinda of hype may they bring?
Betting normie to normie type? A kind of trust escrow service?

Can you share your toughts?

From my point of wiev, you overstimate the grade of ''hype'' that smart contracts can bring to normies

Anyway from a tecnological point of wiev, it's a pretty good thing a decentralized, trustless OS and smart contracts which delete the middleware... but I can't see it as a ''normie hype''

Because a normie even doesn't understand what is a smart contract

Attached: snm.png (1366x768, 149K)

>From my point of wiev, you overstimate the grade of ''hype'' that smart contracts can bring to normies
normies are irrelevant
>Because a normie even doesn't understand what is a smart contract
normies also dont understand what is a blockchain

Only if there will be usecases in which it will make lots of money.

Normie hype is not needed. Link will only be a success if institutions adopt it.

So most normies don't use a computer because they've no clue how it works.

Won't be $1000 EOY without normies speculative money.

I don't think so. Smart contracts have a limited application because they work best with financial data (i.e. triggering an event when you missed a payment). In that case, nothing stops smart contracts from being implemented on interbank blockchains. For most of real-life stuff where human examination is needed, smart contracts are not really "smart".

I think we'll find many more uses as time goes on, especially because they're trustless. Ponzi schemes are only the start. Betting comes to mind (gambling or futures), games that use money aside from gambling, loans, escrow, etc. Once people learn to trust decentralized systems more than banks we'll really be talking

A vending machine is a smart contract.
You ever use one of those in real life?

It's not about trustless alone, it's about efficiency and cost reduction. The whole trustless thing is a mostly anarchist concept which is not necessarily the ultimate goal in real life. But I agree that certain applications like online gaming look promising.

It's really not. You have trouble understanding what smart contracts are.

A vending machine is one of Szabo's examples of a smart contract.
Please fix your retardation before offering opinions to the world.

A smart contract could be used to power a vending machine desu, but yes I agree efficiency and cost reduction are very important. Once Ethereum or EOS gets that figured out I'll start development myself because that will really be a bubble (nothing compared to this tiny shit)

No my dude a vending machine IS a smart contract. Just one executed mechanically instead of in code. They are the same conceptually.

Smart contract is such a stupid term desu.
There is nothing "smart" about it. Nor is it a "contract" in any sort of traditional sense.

Its an unfortunate term but we seem to be stuck with it.

a vending machine is a smart contract till i come with my crowbar, break it and take all out of it.

Man why do you even try explaining. People here are mostly lazy

>From my point of wiev, you overstimate the grade of ''hype'' that smart contracts can bring to normies
smart contracts are not for normies but for big ass companies. normies are raindrops next to it.

>He doesn't know that institutions create the after they finished accumulating
Good goy.

A normie here. I think the smart contract idea of the blockchain is absolutely brilliant whereas the whole currency aspect is bullshit that couldn't care less.

>will smart contract bla bla bla
eth already did

You fucking tard. You realise you can't have a decentralised ```financial``` network without a incentivising currency. also, bitcoin already has smart contract capabilities. just non-turing-complete.

>Because a normie even doesn't understand what is a smart contract
that's a feature, because smartcontracts don't solve any problem people have, just like blockchain.

Normies are Tech illiterate for now, but for the next 20-30 yeats coding will be common thing.

Attached: 1522213873273.jpg (1920x1080, 757K)

This. Smart contracts are already real and functioning. On ETH. Buy it

Do you mean token economics for utility token, like supply chain coins, for sure. I meant coins that have only the transaction as their use case, I bet won't survive.

Dude a vendig maschine is like a simplified example of what a smart contract inclines
You are the retard if you think smartcontract = vending maschine