Orthodox/Catholic/Protestant services in Europe

>Orthodox/Catholic/Protestant services in Europe
>everyone is quiet, listens to the sermon and comfy religious music while deep in their own thoughts about life and God,
>American baptist service
>some fat woman yells through the microphone constantly about Jesus, peer pressures you to do something you clearly don't want to, shit talks other minorities and people who aren't Christian and clearly do everything that goes away from Christian values and morals and turns it into a brainwashed sect
youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Attached: 1521930027899.jpg (720x720, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5_JmXCNPs6Y
sbc.net/church/6152-24557/greenfield-baptist-church
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

these mutts are fricking crazy

American Evangelicals don't actually have anything that resembles "religion" since Pr*testants believe in "salvation by faith alone".

Literally the main point of the weekly religious service is to tell poor people to vote Republican. Evangelicals themselves are degenerate scum, just look at 'country music' it's all about being an alcoholic and picking up girls at bars and stuff.

Attached: Roy-Moore-cowboy-finger-getty-640x480.jpg (640x480, 37K)

>shit talks people who aren't Christian
how is that different from christianity anywhere else?

Why are so many Americans cultists? It seems like everyone in America knows a cult or cultists, here it's very rare and I'm pretty sure most of them come from the west

Oh jeez, another reason to be happy about the spanish conquering us instead of the british

Attached: No tengo costados y tengo que quequear.jpg (250x323, 25K)

Some are very discreet about it

Here they focus on making Christians more faithful rather than shittalking non Christians. They preach about coming to church on time, doing prayers, fasting, sometimes organize trips to Jerusalem and such

Protestants are the only real Christians. It isn't fair to compare Americans to Europeans ever.

Attached: 1493746650612.jpg (469x5000, 532K)

I must say that I really like gospels though

I wonder what Jesus would think of this.

Heresy. The only true Christianity is the (Greek) Orthodox church

OK so I may have posted this before but there was a Catholic church I used to go until 16 and I found this altar girl (Korean) particularly attractive.

Two years younger than me, short height and had nice body. Seemed kinda quiet. I didn't really have a crush on her, mind you, but you get my idea.

I'm 20 now but I wonder if I have any chance if I go back to church tomorrow? Or should I know my place as a scrawny beta? She has something like 700 instagram followers though.

Thanks for reading.

Attached: 29261275.jpg (491x902, 100K)

If you're white, why not?

>le true christianity maymay
I wonder what Jesus would think of this.

What's her instagram ?

I actually don't give a fuck. I'm an ex-christian

I really wonder what Jesus would think of this.

Is she still involved at the chuch?
If she's posting popular "cute" social media pics she's probably a slut. I don't know why people think church girls aren't as slutty as regular girls.

It's private anyways

Attached: 26870576_172464906696578_964390474880122880_n.jpg (640x640, 42K)

>She has something like 700 instagram followers though.
Don't even bother. She's already getting railed by the 6'4 Chad.

>being a religious retard
>2018
embarrassing

She has a profile pic though. Give it to me

Religion is necessary for the well-being of society whether you believe in God or not

This is the profile pic

Attached: 29402303_1907120896029503_8445189169013063680_n.jpg (320x320, 16K)

Reminder that Switzerland is a Satanist country and they are trying to open a portal to hell. Switzerland should be nuked

any bikini pics?

whats her @

No
This is probably the lewdest one I found

Attached: 1520942753857.jpg (428x677, 106K)

Ugh, ugly gook
Makeup should be illegal

Go bleach her

I thought Protestant in Europe doing the same. Isn't?

You've posted this on Jow Forums before m8. If you're a robot then I don't know if you should even try getting in her pants

>No
Then she might not be as slutty as people are saying.
Just go to church for the next few weeks and make sure she notices you, but wait a few services before really talking to her. You don't want it to look like you're there for her. If you're full fedora it's not going to work out. But being religious is a good option for less desireable men to get better women then they'd otherwise be able to.

American """""Protestants""""" are tainted with American consumerism and individualistic culture. Europeans are much much milder than that.

no

They don't do aynthing as far as I konw 95% of them are just atheists.

>meanwhile in black churches.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_JmXCNPs6Y

Ok Ahmed

Religion propped up solely by utilitarianism is stupid. If no one actually believes it, there is no reason to follow the rules of that religion that couldn't be provided by secular means. Also most religions have rules that the vast majority of people disagree with today. At best it makes religion into a glorified fable, and one that promotes slavery as well as other cruel practices at that.

What?

Would be actually cool if they blasted DnB music tho.

So how many slaves did Jesus have?

this is a good post

did i say i was?
also i'm autistic as fuck

Attached: 1521995225785.jpg (838x960, 181K)

>Yeah, let's pretend to be retarded, at least it's good for society
top kek

>Christianity is the only religion in the world

When dad was working in the UK he said he went to black sermons a few times, said they were really fun and warm, singing, dancing all that stuff.

>into a glorified fable
Society needs such fables to act as a value framework and as a bridge between the conscious and the unsconcious subtexts of society. Without it our understanding of the self and of eachother erodes along with our very society itself.

>lets just not practice a civilized set of morals at all and insteed make every follow his own morals
Really what could get wrong.

Not retarded. It is good for society.

Attached: 1504898694538.jpg (634x704, 147K)

None. That is irrelevant, however, because he never condemns slavery, and slavery is condoned by the Bible.

>autistic as fuck
How are you supposed to make any experience with girls if you don't even try?

Can you show me where?
>Christ is irrelavent

>he thinks a shart knows that making little girls into sex slaves is ok in Islam as long as they aren't moslem

Your argument would hold more weight if the moral framework provided by religion wasn't so incredibly flawed. If you really wish to understand yourself and others than philosophy as a whole is much more valuable than one single text that requires one to believe in stories completely unsubstantiated by evidence.

In Exodus, 20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money." Also if you want something from the New Testament, Paul returns a slave to his master.

The Greeks have the right idea
"I have gained this by philosophy that I do without being commanded what others do only for the fear of the law" - Aristotle
Religion isn't necessary to mesh together society but a deeper understanding of philosophy behind cooperation and morals.
Basically what is saying.

I meant Exodus 21: 20

>moral framework
A value framework and a moral framework are not the same thing even though they are closely intertwined.
>If you really wish to understand yourself and others than philosophy as a whole is much more valuable than one single text that requires one to believe in stories completely unsubstantiated by evidence.
It matters very little whether it is substantiated or not.
The entire theme of the 20th century was to replace religion with ideology, philosophy, art and other forms of culture. However the problem with this paradigm is that it essentially tries to base culture upon itself without an underlying set of principles that go beyond it. This is a problem because culture and ideas within it are constantly evolving and ambiguous. Without an underlying set of axioms this leads to confusion and to a breakdown of communication within society. Which is what we're currently witnessing in the Western world.

If by value framework you mean something that gives human lives value, than religion often only gives value to those within the religion. Also it should be important that the religion is at least uncontradicted by evidence because if it isn't than people will eventually stop believing in it. This would cause much more confusion and breakdown of communication because it makes the person think that there entire view of the universe is based on a lie. Philosophy claims no absolute authority, so if it proves to be flawed it can be dropped with relatively little damage to society.

>Be Catholic
>In mass
>Lacrimosa dies illa qua resurget ex favilla iudicandus homo reus
>Orco walks
>Hi are you speaging in dongues :DDD
>raaroroblegooble bix nood arudnblubdubbllgubble
>where are the snakes? :DDD

Attached: 16-2908a-540.gif (540x416, 121K)

>maymay
Just read the very first chapter of 1 Corinthians please. The worst part is many Protestants celebrate their diversity while ignoring statements like this in the Bible, when they're supposed to be the Bible freaks.

>good for society.
dumb heretic
>Once you have made the World an end, and faith a means, you have almost won your man [for Hell], and it makes very little difference what kind of worldly end he is pursuing. Provided that meetings, pamphlets, policies, movements, causes, and crusades, matter more to him than prayers and sacraments and charity, he is ours — and the more “religious” (on those terms) the more securely ours.

The Biblical story of the Tower of Babel works as an excellent allegory for what happens when we try to replace religion with culture and philosophy alone.
>If by value framework you mean something that gives human lives value,
That and also what we value as a people. Without that compass there is no way of telling if we're coming or going.
>Also it should be important that the religion is at least uncontradicted by evidence because if it isn't than people will eventually stop believing in it.
It's irrelevant whether people believe in the literal interpretations of texts or not. What matters is that they know and understand their value nonetheless.
>Philosophy claims no absolute authority,
Which is exactly why it fails at replacing religion in a societal context.
We need a starting point as a society with its own mythos to understand eachother.

For

Understanding each other wouldn't be difficult if reason replaced religion because then one would only have to follow the other's chain of logic to understand his viewpoint. Also people value different things, and again most people would disagree with what many holy texts value. Teaching empathy and logic (m'lady) would serve as a much better baseline than religion. For example, through religion, one gets the punishment of children for the crimes of the father and trials based on divine intervention, whereas with empathy and logic one would arrive at the conclusion that only the guilty, as determined by evidence, should be punished.

ideology is the exact same role

See>Understanding each other wouldn't be difficult if reason replaced religion because then one would only have to follow the other's chain of logic to understand his viewpoint.
Except logic alone isnt sufficient without a deeper mutual agreement of the common societal mythos.
>punishment of children for the crimes of the father and trials based on divine intervention, whereas with empathy and logic one would arrive at the conclusion that only the guilty, as determined by evidence, should be punished.
That depends entirely on the values of the society. In fact you're already inderectly subconsciously utilizing Christian mythos as a basis for your logical chain of thought.

The reason I chose Christianity is because this thread is about Christianity, so I assumed that you were Christian. I do see what you are saying about value and how logic is based on those values, but religion can't impose values on people without convincing them of its validity. With all the evidence out there now, there is no going back. Even in the most insular Muslim countries there are atheists and other dissidents. Even without scientific evidence, many religions can be debunked with personal evidence. At that point what stops that person from questioning the entirety of the religion, including its values?

That's judaism. Jews also believe that we all will be their slaves when their Messiah comes.

Christianity is the only clear anti slavery religion there is.

>Even without scientific evidence, many religions can be debunked with personal evidence
Doesnt matter. We need a common story.
Why are you trying to debunk mythos with fact?
>At that point what stops that person from questioning the entirety of the religion, including its values?
Nothing and that's okay.
By understanding that the values are arbitrary (like all values) but that it is a necessary axiom accepted in society we can instill it as a common platform.

Ephesians 6:5

If no one believes it then it loses its connection with divinity and by extension loses its absolute authority. If that is the case why not just have philosophy as a whole?

>If no one believes it then it loses its connection with divinity and by extension loses its absolute authority.
You can believe it and adhere to your own interpretation of it. That doesnt automatically strip it of its divinity. The only thing that would be able to do that is proof of Gods non-existence

Also this is a quote from the old testament.
If you don't understand how to read the bible than I can't help you.

For you important to know: Christ is our lord and his wittness is in the new testament.

It's humorous how little understanding you people have of the Baptist church, or the traditions that surround it. Or even the differences within baptist churches.

But I guess it's to be expected of people who do nothing but shitpost memes on Jow Forums all day

america was settled by puritans and catholics, its bound to spring up a cult or two once in a while

As far as I know they are fundamentalists who think of others as pagans, the world is 6000 years old, and the bible is the direct word of god and therefore exactly as its written.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ." Paul literally mentions Christ. Seems pretty Christian to me. Also why must Christians like you distance yourselves so vehemently from the old testament when it is the foundation of the new testament?

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.
the full quote. Slavery doesn't come from Christ it was simply a normality of the time back then.

I've went to a baptist church all my life, my entire family is baptist, and i'd say about 50% of my friends through-out grade school were baptist.

I have never met a single person that is like that.
We teach that the bible is the word of God, but that does not mean that it is not up to interpretation.

The pagan is absolute bullshit, sometimes they teach that Catholics worship Mary, but that's more a rumor than anything, which is also seen in other denominations, for whatever reason.

The 6000 years old, that's a meme that basically no one believes.

So your Baptist church is not part of the Southern Baptist Convention.

If it is the words of men and not of a god itself that write the holy texts and give those texts its values, and some of those men's words have been proven wrong, aren't those men exposed as liars when they claim to have divine knowledge? How is divinity not stripped away then? Is the divine source just lying to the men and misinforming them for fun?

>Slavery doesn't come from Christ it was simply a normality of the time back then.
That's not the point. If Christianity claims that it is anti-slavery, Jesus would specifically forbid slavery, not turning a blind eye over it. Islam is more upfront about what is allowed and whatnot.

Yes it is you fucking retard.

sbc.net/church/6152-24557/greenfield-baptist-church

>americans microwave their consacred water
>americans clap after the eucharist

Attached: 1521474148364.gif (245x164, 1.37M)

Well the one we have here is basically built around how we all are pagans and finally the holy baptist church came to bring us dumb heathens the gospel.
Also never vaccinate your children and hospitals are scam in our 6000 years old world.

The mother of this Church is in Kansas somewhere. So you can't really blame people for having a very bad oppinion of you guys since that's just the impression you leave.

You shall treat your next as you want to be treated.
Do you want to be a slave?

It where Christian Nation to abandon Slavery throughout their reach (nearly the entire world) and no one else.

>some of those men's words have been proven wrong, aren't those men exposed as liars when they claim to have divine knowledge?
Not really. Those people are just using the divine to interpret natural phenomena, which was common at the time.
>How is divinity not stripped away then?
I suppose it requires an agnostic view of divinty. The texts might be inspited by the divine or they might not. The divine might not be real or it very well might be.
What matters is the way the religion provides a social subtext that nothing else seems to be able to surpass.

Yes, it only took about 18 centuries for Christianity to finally kick in. The fact that the age of enlightenment, which questioned organized religion and supported liberty for all, came about at the same time is a complete coincidence.

Better late than never.

Would have been far nicer if Muslims discovered the Americas.

Slavery hasn't been a common thing in Europe far earlier while it's even today more and more practiced again in Muslim countries.

>muh enlightment
Most of the writers during this time gave up their more liberal views very fast (at least in the german literature of back then.
What this swiss dude is telling has a lot of truth to it.

A common social subtext doesn't exist because of religion. Just look at all the shit-flinging that has started because of different interpretations of a religion. Is the social cohesion of Saudi Arabia or Morocco really preferable to that of the much more athiest Japan or Norway?

you don't really want to be like Japan. They have extremly strickt social norms that even make religion obsolete. Also that many japs don't believe in a god doesn't really matter in our perspective majority of them believe in the divine origin of their emperor for example. Spirituallity is just different there.

Norway is a Nation clearly shaped by Christianity like all European Natiions and USA, Canada and so on. Just because people don't believe anymore doesn't change the shape they live in. A very great example: Norway used its riches to allow all its citizens to live in high living standard contrary Saudi Arabia uses its riches to pay the decadence of its royals like shitting in Ukrainian prostitues and driving fast cars on extra build tracks only for this etc.

If you are implying that I like Muslims, you are entirely wrong. If there was a button to kill all Muslims I would press it without hesitation. I hate Muslims more than any other group of people. Islam is by far the greatest threat to freedom today.

>it's even today more and more practiced again in Muslim countries
Well no shit, it's a theocracy. Why would they value the rights of non-muslims when their shitty religion tells them not to. Also Paul's quote shows that he wasn't exactly campaigning against slavery. In fact many pro-slavery Southerners cited the Bible to justify slavery.

I would legitimately get chills when I attended the Mass because it was such an experience with all the chants and echoes in our huge cathedral. My one regret is I never really got to attend an actual Tridentine Mass.

>Also Paul's quote shows that he wasn't exactly campaigning against slavery

Timothy 1:
8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

>. In fact many pro-slavery Southerners cited the Bible
Protestantism is a complicated story I don't take any responsibility for what they produce.

>A common social subtext doesn't exist because of religion.
Im talking about social subtexts within seperate societies. There should never be one common subtext because of their fundamental differences. Trying to impose a single global subtext based on cultural products alone on a massive world with different cultures and identities would have disastrous implications of apocalytic proportions.
>Is the social cohesion of Saudi Arabia or Morocco really preferable to that of the much more athiest Japan or Norway
Many would say that it is. Again, it depends entirely on your own religious subtext.

Why not be like Norway then? They put Christianity through a modern filter and created a workable ideology that requires no belief in the debunked or the unprovable.

We are all like Norway already. Secularism is the norm in western Nations.

Christianity should still highly be encouraged and promoted in our societies because people with zero connections to an universal set of morals are cancer.