Which city has the most beautiful railway station? Show your best railway station in terms of exterior and interior

Which city has the most beautiful railway station? Show your best railway station in terms of exterior and interior.

Pic is Utrecht Central Station.

Personal favorites are: for exterior I would pick Vilnius Station/Stotis for it's baroque architecture. For interior I would pick Kyiv Vokzal for its cozy interior.

Attached: utrechtcs.jpg (1000x666, 357K)

Attached: takamatsu station.jpg (600x450, 179K)

kyoto station

Attached: kyouto.jpg (640x424, 105K)

why do japanese always like to put happy faces on everything?

Attached: flinders.jpg (800x503, 129K)

that entire thing is a railway station? so you can go from melbourne to perth with that thing?

I've never really been to big stations and terminals, so I don't have a favorite. But the interior of the the Retiro station has just finished remodeling and it looks pretty neat.

Attached: Retiro.jpg (930x525, 69K)

ok lol, seems like I've only been to b-tier stations

nah it only serves the suburbs and the gippsland region (100km-300km east of melbourne)

it used to have heaps of other functions (such as a ballroom) and it's currently being restored and repainted

Because I love you you love Japan desu

TURKEY

Attached: istanbul.png (553x340, 534K)

the new station in Naples is some futuristic looking shit.

Attached: afragola.png (2494x1418, 3.67M)

(Zurich)
There are more beautiful ones but what matters is if trains are on time

Attached: 2ebbb00d52af367240644dcbbf548452.jpg (680x1024, 158K)

I like Rotterdam Centraal more desu, also Amsterdam Centraal is also preddy noice from the outside (only) if it weren't for all those goddamn tourists blocking the check-ingates and posing for pictures outside

Attached: IMG_2345.jpg (1200x797, 225K)

Helsinki

Attached: rautatieasema.png (1200x700, 1.35M)

Union Station (Amtrak) Chicago Illinois
I've been here many times

Attached: 9098776762_681cd0e813_o.jpg (2000x1332, 1.42M)

this one is nice architecturally but it's perpetually cold inside lol

Attached: southerncross.jpg (1920x1152, 386K)

something so nice for what people don't use because apparently public transportation is a curse in the usa

Rip the most beautiful American railway station.
City people use public transport. That pic is from Chicago so I am pretty that station is always full.

Attached: Pennsylvania_Station_aerial_view,_1910s.jpg (1200x938, 234K)

here's one of those super enhanced european style photos

Attached: flinders2.jpg (1728x1152, 613K)

People don't use public transportation to get around town but trains from city to city and across the country are very popular. And the stations are very old, remember how important trains used to be in our history 100-200 years ago.

Attached: 781px-Acela_passing_through_Kingston_Station,_RI.jpg (781x600, 117K)

People who demolished that station should be executed in times Square.

at least in some countries like spain, there are laws that would've prevented the demolition of such building, like cultural heritage

That demolition caused the creation of similar laws.

>Why doesn't a country with one of the largest consistently populated landmasses in the world have nationwide public transport as effective as European countries that would fit inside a mid-sized state

Indeed. The current Penn Station is unbelievable. Imagine if they'd done the same to Grand Central? Fucking redevelopers.

idk, britain seems to be doing fine

The whole of Britain would fit inside more than one state.

idk, russia seems to be doing fine

We have more railways than russia. We actually still have the biggest railway network in the world

Not a train station but here's a peculiar one in Paris

Attached: Arts et Métiers.jpg (970x636, 206K)