Traders in the green that don't do/believe in T.A

Any fags here who are making it without t.a?
Do things like elliot waves, fib retrac. help?

What's your go to, in the green, method?

inb4, buy link, hodl, srsly kys.

Attached: ad.jpg (500x500, 19K)

DYOR faggot

TA is a meme, people with cash will use TA to predict where the idiots will buy or sell and they will screw them.

you can use TA but just to have a feeling, like is this bearish is the bullish? guess where the price COULD go, and maximum ATR but it's all vooodoo meme magic.

for me the only usable TA is resistance lines

There is a simple philosophy its
>buy shit you think is underpriced
>hold it until people realize
>sell it when its more appropriately or over priced

buy whats deepest in the red with fundamentals, usually its OMG, WTC, NEBL, ARK, etc, wait for the bounce, sell, use some profits to pick up long term bags, rest of profit into tether or pocket

After months of fucking around with all sorts of TA, my veridict is that its all placebo.
Just stare at s naked chart for a bit and if you dont see an opportunity, there probably isnt.
(Also its not hard to eyeball S/R, I dont even draw horizontals anymore)

One last thing, look at the chain of causalty:
Events affect the price, price affects indicators.
Price is laggy and indicators are SUPER laggy. The least laggy thing you can do is try to make predictions on the fundamentals and bet on being right.
That is actually hard, unlike memelines.

if you follow this mindset you will unironically go all in with LINK

Half of the Bitmex troll chat are scammers and larpers influencing that exchange to get people to long or short, so they can bet against them. They don't use TA, but they generate a lot of fake charts to sell to the idiots there.

buy link, hodl, srsly

buy ETH

Half of the Bitmex troll chat are scammers and larpers influencing that exchange to get people to long or short, so they can bet against them. They don't use TA, but they generate a lot of fake charts to sell to the idiots there.

To me, TA is like handicapping horses. Some swear by it, some think it's bullshit. I lean towards the bullshit side, especially when it comes to trading margins on crypto, it's an unregulated market and the exchanges are heavily manipulated and botted out, and the exchanges are manipulating the market as well. TA on that is just a pointless exercise waiting for the next fake pump or dump.

GVT

So basically T.A is useful if you have whale like bankroll to pawn noobs? That actually makes sense. If i have like 8k bitcoins I can crash, pump the market.

Also, u use margin senpai?

What you're talking about is really only relevant for longer term trades. All the movement in between news events can be mapped out, to an extent, with TA, laggy or not (RSI is much less laggy than typical indicators, EW is mostly predictive, and thus not lagging at all).
I'm on the far opposite end of the spectrum from you (use only TA, most trades last less than 30 minutes, other than money I pile into BTC for the next run up). I've made money during the crash. I'm not saying you're strat won't work, just that it's not the only way. I've been at it for 8 months, and have multiples more than when I started.

I can actually see some logic on the effectiveness of elliot wave theory.
So you in the moon by now, u short senpai? Margin?

buy when the board is coated with pink wojaks

When I used RSI, it was only to find divergences.
And yes, I forgot to add that fundies are worthless for daytrading.
But looking at raw price action is still all I need, everything else is a distraction imo.
Although I'd like to point out that Volume Profile is a pretty nice "indicator"

I'm long on BTC right now, no lev, with no alt positions opened. I'm mostly countertrading the horde (shorts at ATH, I'm looking for a squeeze), but I'm sitting here watching carefully because that's not a great justification for a trade, and I've got a stop at 6.5, in case I don't catch the drop for whatever reason.

Fair enough mate, if you can eyeball it more power to you. I find I work better with hard rules drawn on my charts, and set in my mind, otherwise I get tempted to be optimistic in places where it isn't justified. It's hard to get into that bear mindset after such a large bull run.

IDK I just follow memes and life signals.
Rode DGB because liked digimon, went all in on antshares because my gf told me it was cute then later it rebranded to neo which was her cat's name, after that all in again on raiblocks because I saw a Raichu meme being posted here and made me laugh and now I'm all in on CoinMetro being saved from the justening because I work at my city metro.

Is it time to sell or buy in your opinion?

The main ways I have made my gains:
Before the last BTC reward halvening I calculated that mining wouldn't be profitable unless prices go up, so I bought my first BTC-s at 400$.
Then I read a book about Ethereum when it was about 10$ and transfered 75% of BTC into that.
Then I looked into Zcoin which has the most advanced privacy blockchain tech on the market and changed 50% of my eth into XZC at 5$.
Now I'm running a Zcoin masternode and not really caring about this bear market.
TL:DR I didn't get too into graphs and didn't go on with the markets emotional states. I just checked whether a project makes sense and does it have room for growth. I made about 3000$ investment into a passive income and I haven't worked for 5 months now.

Naw indicitators and fib levels are a meme, I trade based off volume and FA.

buy then sell the next bart

lmao

Nope, can't do leveraged longs/shorts consistently without ta

pick one or two coins. BTC/ETH and then an alt. TRade based off those. Watching to much shit will throw you off and you wont learn anything or get a feel for that particular coin

I buy red and sell green

Almost got cucked right there, kek. Look at her run now though. Bye bye shorts.

Unironically just buy LINK and hold

ay breh, what coins u lookin at?

Since your ID says 'BOY' and verifies your childhood status, as a MAN I will give you some advice.
Learn to use TA a a guide for levels to watch for. Trust your instincts but realize bigger fish out there DO use TA so you must too to be successful.
Old trader saying : 'Man who picks tops gets bloody scalp and man who picks bottoms gets smelly fingers'.
>t. very successful trader

Attached: peasants.jpg (444x543, 55K)

why, wtf is it with link

I just stopped trying to pick absolute tops and bottoms. If i can roughly estimate where I think it'll go, and that number is bigger than it is now, I buy.

Nervously trying to catch a 5-10% pump on some shitcoin works for quick cash, but never long term.

literally just use my gut to buy low and sell high, then rebuy low again

lol proof or gtfo
0xb30A11e46d2B307c05AF518A91c27865253b59F3

as someone who has actually worked on trading bots and trading software, TA is COMPLETELY fake.

if their TA was legit, people would simply convert it into a program and get rich. however, almost every algorithm I've experimented with was unable to deliver above hodl returns or minimize losses in crypto markets. Predictive TA is what dumb idiots who don't know anything about computers wave around to try and seem smart.

In a bull market you trade 90% longs, in a bear market you trade 90% shorts. If you don't like shorting, just come back in a few months or years when we've entered the bull market again, otherwise you'll hurt yourself.
First you need to understand that it's better to only trade the moves that you're very certain about, a few trades a week are often enough.
Then you need to look at the chart (maybe 1hr chart) a little bit to spot horizontal support/resistance levels. Place a short entry a little bit under resistance, a long entry a little bit above support. And remember to close your position if the price moves excessively in your direction, the best time to take profit is often when you feel the most euphoric about your trade.
Also: Use Limit orders, not market buys.

well btc is king. So that and eth. And my shitcoin of choice is link. RIght now im trying to get as much link as possible

>BTC/ETH and then an alt. TRade based off those.
How is it in 2015? Most altcoins already have USDT pairs.

ayyy

I have a few alts taht Ihink will be successful and delvier 100-1000x returns in a bull market.

I watch BTC on the dialy chart with Heikin-Ashi candles. As soon as it apppears BTC is tanking, I sell my alts, and 5x short BTC until it's on an uptrend.

The only way you can get rekt with this method is if your alt releases major good news while your're holding BTC, but even then you're still likely to come out ahead.

>elliot waves, fib retrac
this is literally all TA I use + RSI. Read about risk management, if you won't you're guaranteed to lose money. Keep stop losses tight. Don't take calls from other traders, there's a lot of scammers who dump on their followers. Holding is for smart money, not for people who decided to buy 3 years before bubble pops. Be prepared to lose money when learning. Read books, none of this shit is new.

what type of coins do you trade? top 10, 100, 1000? I actually don't know shit about t.a and made good profits simply because i employ basic bankroll management.

Also basic way u stop loss? Afraid of getting rekt

I follow some of the patterns just to consider the game theory and make moves. It doesn't matter if it's meant to happen over a week or 6 months or what, if you see a cup and handle at the buying point in the fucking 1h charts I buy and then I sell as soon as I get a gain.

I don't really understand the meme lines but if I can learn to work those that would be fine too. But again only the game theory, not "buy when these lines cross" but "other people will be buying when these lines cross"

momentum swing trading
market-buy/sell everything but i'm only exposed to the market for all of 1-5m
strict discipline is required but it becomes formulaic
no meme lines or indicators, just watching volume delta and website latency (directly correlated with high-volume use periods)
keep it simple anons.

i bought in for a small amount in jan and lost 70%. then i bought le dips and started a bit t.a. and now im doing a little bit profit, but its very difficult as a noob. but i see it as a hobby and start learning from my mistakes

If you dont use TA dont even bother looking at charts.

Everyone that shits on TA, does only so because it doesnt work for them for the reason that they try to force something with it, and just redraw stuff till it fits for them. Also stop looking at under 1 hour charts.

Bought in ETH at $2.50, have a couple million now. Didn't look at a single chart, I just read the technical papers and played with the software. Saw that it worked well enough, was a cool idea with lots of uses, bought in and forgot about it.