Do you believe that there is something after death? I do

Do you believe that there is something after death? I do

Attached: 1521152801986.png (645x772, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQNnvfMJd_Y
discord.gg/ftSbffu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

here we go with the baby's first existential crisis

No, i do not fear death. I don't believe it is the end

no and i can't stop thinking about it every day

Doesn't matter what you believe. You are just a bunch of chemicals.

No. The things we do to improve the world while we're still kicking are what matter.

I believe in life after love

i would kill all humans if i could live better

oh boi, you fags are already pulling out the big weapons
calm down, one fedora tip at a time

Attached: 7970461205.gif (200x200, 823K)

No reason not to assume we won't go back to what we were before we were born.

only miserable 3rd worlders believe in the afterlife, because they are too pathethic to do anything worthy of their current life

I believe that I don't know, and have no certainty that I ever will.

Doesn't matter what hat you're wearing. You are just a bunch of chemicals.

What if we're all already dead and Jow Forums is the afterlife.

Attached: 1143350.jpg (786x719, 58K)

b-but muh free will

shut the fuck up, fence sitter

>fence sitter
If you found a certain way of knowing whether there is an afterlife, I wouldn't mind hearing it. If you haven't, kindly hop off my dick instead of making stupid posts.

everything points to your "soul" being a result of physical processes so probably not lol

>everything points to your "soul" being a result of physical processes
Hardly.

>If you found a certain way of knowing whether there is an afterlife, I wouldn't mind hearing it. If you haven't, kindly hop off my dick instead of making stupid posts.

Attached: 80904386.jpg (1288x1170, 259K)

Soy gives you knowledge on whether consciousness is mortal?

I hope not

There is nothing after. We're just bags of meats and bones and once this thing stops operating it just rots away and your conscience ceases to exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=uQNnvfMJd_Y

>Soy gives you knowledge on whether consciousness is mortal?
>There is nothing after. We're just bags of meats and bones and once this thing stops operating it just rots away and your conscience ceases to exist.
>I hope not

Attached: 1522408566124.webm (600x336, 2.86M)

>we really are here forever

Attached: 9f2362.jpg (600x500, 33K)

Probably not. It's why you try to make the best out of your life today. I would love & hope to think there's an afterlife but I think it'd be something like going over your life as your dying which makes it seem like forever.

How can your concious live without it's body

Dunno, hope you're right

Fuck off Cher

>advocating for philanthropy is fedora

I'm not so sure but I seriously hope that there isn't anything afterwards.

pretty much entirely, sorry bud

i fucking hope not

>he still believes in the space Jesus

I thought we Brazilians were over this already.

no
this

user, you should have figured shit like this out by age 13

Attached: Chemicals.jpg (480x608, 126K)

If you don't want to die:
discord.gg/ftSbffu

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

I fear nothing.

Attached: kfc-i-fear-nothing-4031405.png (500x905, 221K)

>he still believes in the space Jesus

Attached: 1517067932353.jpg (600x600, 63K)

It's comforting, it makes me happy to believe, so why shouldn't i?

Yes, Christian checking in.

Could be worse.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE agnosticism REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>not appreciating the greatest religion (or myth, if you prefer) that mankind has ever known
Makin’ your country look bad there, Brazilian.

All Swedes are supposed to be atheists.

Sometimes I wonder why things exist. I know about the big bang and shiet but like, why things couldn't just not be? You get me? There's really no point for anything to exist. I don't think I'm getting the point across though

I really wish I did, but unfortunately I dont

Nope, I'm just afraid of dying at the current state because I'm 21 years old and I have so much things to do, when I'll feel that I had done everything that I wanted to do in my life I'll accept death and be happy to finally leave

Nah, it’s pretty clear what you’re saying. What’s also neat to think about (especially at night in your bed) is what it is like at the edge of the universe. IS there an edge? And what would it be like for there not to be one?

Mathematically, if you could reach the edge of the universe, the entire existence would pass you by instantly.
I.e the universe would have disappeared when you reach it.
But no one knows

>You are just a bunch of chemicals.
As far as we can tell, you mean. We might be multidimensional entities for all you know. The decades of evidence for phenomena like telepathy (cf. Sheldrake) or mind-matter interactions (cf. Radin) suggest something in that direction.

>baby's first
Fear of death and pondering the unknown and impossible to be known eventuality of death has been on the minds of humans for millions of years. Fuck off with your teenage quips. It doesn't make you clever, it makes people think you're an obtuse prick.

I don’t get it.

Also, as far as I understand, it is not clear whether the universe is finite or not.

But with feels

Attached: 1511726759243.jpg (579x576, 71K)

Because when you travel at speeds high enough to theoretically reach the edge of the universe time and distance are the same thing.
So theoretically if you would be 1:1 with the edge of the universe you would have passed all existing time

I fear for death not to be the end. I would prefer to stop existing once my body is done for. What is the point in an endless existence?

The universe is expanding beyond the speed of light, which is why eventually it will red shift to a point wherein our localised galaxy clusters will be in a location which makes it physically impossible for light from other stars to reach.

Kurzgesagt?

Anyway, that idea is p-trippy. Potential new civilizations in the far future would not be able to develop accurate cosmologies.

Also, no travel outside the local group without FTL.

kys uderage faggot

You are all not real. You are all figments of my imagination. I know this is but one long dream. How do you prove that you're real huh?

inb4 >realer than you Muhammad

yes there is, but I will be no more in my entirety of being.

maybe

What a well articulated post, my imagined, supposedly hungarian poster.

The three-dimensional universe we know is probably the surface of the four dimensional equivalent of a sphere. If this is true, by going in one direction you would eventually get to the point where you stared.

Don't worry he only belittles asking this question so he doesn't have to deal with it himself, it's a defense mechanism

I don't see how religion is comforting, if you get it wrong you go to hell for eternity. That's not fucking comforting.

thanks

Because I am hearing the sound of my alarm. I guess it is time to get up. This dream about Jow Forums are pretty frequent lately, huh. Anyway, enjoy the last few seconds of your experience...

Non-existance makes me dread sometimes sure. The fact that it is eternal. I just want a painless death though.

My mother had cancer and had to fought it to the very end. Even with best healthcare money could buy, she was still in a lot of pain.

Attached: 1522960702664.jpg (793x786, 54K)

t.Akbir

No, and whether the universe has a heat death or not is top 3 in my list of concerns.

I am, therefore Muhammad

It's comforting in the way that no matter how shit life is, i just have to follow a few steps in order to find solace and serenity after this is done with

hmph. Nice try "italians". I know Italy doesn't exist. You should have some respect while conversing with me, figment!

>Brazilian acting tough
wew lad

br br br br gib moni huehuehuehuehuehue

But what is this then embedded in?

> in order to find solace and serenity
How absurd, do you think you find solace after you die? You don't, you will never ever feel peace, serenity, solace nor tranquility after you die. Don't die you moron.

I'm the figment that controls your dreams, don't get me mad, homeboy

since I'm a brainlet, and I don't want to read wikipedia, can you explain what is the heat death?

Well, if you are truly religious then you generally aren’t particularly concerned about believing in the wrong one since your own experience confirms the truth of it for you. And so in the case of Christianity at least you are welcomed with the best of news (after the worst of news):

There is a God, He is loving but also unerringly just and you have done fucked up. So badly in fact, that you deserve the worst of punishments. HOWEVER, since he loves you so much He paid the price that was yours to pay and now all you have to do tp be reconciled with Him and be guaranteed eternal bliss is to accept his offer.

There’s a reason it’s called the gospel (glad tidings).

The dream I had last night was about me being back in highschool and a very old friend of mine getting beaten then "chopped" to piees by another student.

Why did you make me have this dream?

Seeing how you’re Portuguese, did she try non-opioid drugs for pain relief?

this is all fine and good, but why allow Islam to happen?

I don't believe in anything anymore

I hope that whoever made this simulation made an afterlife too or that I will wake up from a simulation adding this life to my memories, but I don't believe it.

>The fact that it is eternal.

There is no time perception when the brain dies, do you remember the time before you were born such as the '50s '60s '70s or '80s? No right? Yeah because your conscience didn't exist so there wasn't time perception and once you die there will be no time perception either. From nothing to nothing.

>piees
*pieces

My mother is going through that right now

Attached: 1503639488447.png (539x692, 116K)

>You don't, you will never ever feel peace, serenity, solace nor tranquility after you die.
How would you know? KNOW, mind you, not guess.

Not him but whatever (someone correct me if I got it wrong):

>universe expands
>keeps expanding faster and faster
>at one point everything, even individual particles, are so apart from each other that nothing can interact with each other
>nothing happens anymore
>except shit keeps expanding

Uh, what? How is that related to what I wrote? I explained how religion can be comforting.

State of maximum entropy, i.e. no more energy that's "available" to do any sort of work.

Keep in mind that I don't even care if atoms are unstable, as long as there is energy to sustain my thought processes.

wtf seriosuly? lmao homie you have some seriousl problems in your sick mind lol

Stay strong, acqua/int/ance.

Because feeling anything requires a physical process.

I don't know. I dream a lot.

>giving a shit about what happens in trillions upon trillions of years
Oh user ...

Again, as far as we know. There might be more to us than meets the eye. How would you know if there were a higher-dimensional (or extra-dimensional) component to humans?

What?

What type user? Mine had like 4 months to live.

>Oh user ...
You don't realize that a year on a cosmological scale is a blink of an eye.

>How would you know if there were a higher-dimensional (or extra-dimensional) component to humans?
What do you mean by this?

Breast cancer that came back in october from a few years ago. Cancer has aggrissively spread to lungs, spleen and other places. Treatments have not worked.
It's gotten worse in the last weeks, she will probably not see the summer.

Sorry to hear that, user. Just try to enjoy the time you have left together - that's what counts.

Vitrify her head. When you're looking back at this moment in a thousand years laughing it off with her you'll thank me.

So what? You will still be long gone by that time. Why do you care?

>What do you mean by this?
You think that there is nothing to humans but the atoms that they consist of, right? And that if these atoms are sufficiently disorganized (like, after death) the human ceases to exist entirely, correct? My point is that we cannot be CERTAIN that this is all what makes a human a human. Maybe there is a component to humans and human consciousness in particular that is not of this 3D universe or at least not currently observable/measurable by us.

Stay strong user, my father died 3 years ago, I know what it means to lose a parent. When you're feeling down you should talk with the people you trust the most, this, at least for me, really helped