Why Koreans speak decent English, but Japanese write the most hilariously bad Engrish I've seen on this board...

Why Koreans speak decent English, but Japanese write the most hilariously bad Engrish I've seen on this board? They are both pretty similar countries society and prosperity wise, why the staggering difference?

Attached: south_korea_japan.jpg (790x444, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FiJd_d8I-iE&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because koreans start learning english at elementary school while japan is too busy memorizing kanji. I dont understand why china and japan spent whole life memorizing hanzi just to reach proficient level

because japan is a great power with one of the largest economies, its own powerful academia, a strong relevant culture, etc., meaning that we aren't under a situation that necessitates learning and practicing english to have a better life. the same goes for france and russia to a lesser extent. both are not good at english for european (well, ruskies are technically european of a kind) due to said reasons.

Attached: 1476271529060.png (1316x788, 53K)

the korean international students im close with are all bad at english. to be honest i have no real experience with japanese intl students because there isnt a big population of them in my area but korean and chinese fobs always stick together while theyre studying here and never learn english.

>too busy memorizing kanji
>thinking memorizing kanji is difficult
>somehow memorizing 20,000 words in kanji is different from memorizing 20,000 in Latin alphabet

there is no such thing as a "korean with proficient english", only engilsh teachers in korea

Do you work in a uni?

>can learn the alphabet or Hangul in an hour
>takes years to learn kana and kanji

>takes years to learn kana and kanji
>2000 kanji are only really used
>2000/40 = 50
>mfw it only takes 50 days to learn all kanji you'll realistically use, but user disagrees with this

Attached: 1522004302926m.jpg (1024x1024, 68K)

Fluency of English opens up an immesureable amount of content not available in you native language, especially since the advent of internet. Not to mention it is one of the easier languages to get a grasp of.

Becouse a lot of Korean in this website is internet propagandist vank argency as like him.
Like people who post pro Korean comment and shitty non necessary Kpop thread everyday.

Attached: 34B8C518-681C-451A-B927-BDA05F8669EA.png (194x200, 71K)

Holy shit, this sentence would have made more sense if you used Google translate

bully yamete

nah im attending one. im korean too and speak fluently but my roommates ask me to edit their papers for grammar sometimes and its ridiculous

The Japanese don't like learning English. Especially those who visit a board like Jow Forums don't want to learn decent English by spending much time memorizing grammar and vocabulary.

코리언 어메리컨 아님 그냥 한국사람?

Writing is the hardest part of English tbqh. I am still not so sure if I can write perfectly even if I've been here for a decade and so.

Why though? Do they find it useless? Well, not entirely if they came to an english speaking board in the first place...

아 전 코리안 아메리칸이에여. 원래는 흑형들이랑 놀았는데 한 4년 전부터 한국애들이랑만 놀게됬읔ㅋㅋ

i mean naturally born americans cant write english for shit either so its understandable. a lot of my fob friends though are reallly nervous about speaking more than writing

That's not true. Koreans are just slightly less bad. Chinese anons have the best English desu.

Attached: 1517679616258.jpg (600x528, 316K)

>though are reallly nervous about speaking more than writing

Yea, for sure. My spoken English got a lot better after I graduated from college and started working cuz I have to speak up. I could kinda get away with speaking English somewhat during college since I chose engineering for my major but I can't do so for my job.

여튼 한국말 괜찮게 하네. Good! Most of 2nd gen Korean Americans I've worked with (most in their 40's and 50's) cannot speak a lick of Korean. (I think this is a little different in those in 20's or younger but I've noticed that most Korean parents in the US don't really teach their kids Koreans, at least the very old ones who went to the US during 60's and 70's)

because their english education is literally a pile of shit
zatto iz a katto
how THE FUCK can they think that sounds like "that is a car"
and that influenced korean education too that's why koreans are "less" bad than japanese

This

감사합니당
good luck with your job and getting fully comfortable with english. yeah i think it's kinda sad when that happens. my younger brother uses english to reply to my parents while theyre speaking korean and its pretty jarring

your opinion on black people?

Those who want to learn proper English would go to other websites.

true
thing is, most of japanese flags you talk with on Jow Forums (assuming they are real japanese) are not such intellectuals, as you can judge from their posts

I'd watch anime with english dub if I ware a jap wanting to master english. Easy ticket.

theyre cool lol. i used to hang out with primarily black and hispanic people until a few yeras back and had a lot of fun with them. i spoke suburban hood for a few years because i hung out with them so much but ive lost touch with them

I know many people add sub on anime and I have seen some of them, but those are quite unreliable in terms of their ability of hearing Japanese.
I've watched a subbed anime where someone who added sub on the anime couldn't listen to simple lines correctly.

>Why Koreans speak decent English
We don't?

>thinking memorizing kanji is difficult
It is.

t. Studied Classic Chinese in middle school

재미교포임?

ㅁㅊㄴ ㅋㅋㅋ 볼때마다 한국말 개잘하메

>재미교포
넵!
ㅎㅎ저 아세여

face.
>Becouse a lot of Korean in this website is internet propagandist vank argency as like him.
>Like people who post pro Korean comment and shitty non necessary Kpop thread everyday.

Korea is an American colony and they have no pride or culture to speak of

And Japan is not? They are both heavily americanized in slightly different ways.

the Kanji is the most easy part of learning Japanese
why do you retards get so upset about it?

Why exactly is it difficult? I'm doing just fine with it. It's more tedious than the Latin alphabet, but not so much that's it's that's difficult to learn

not even close
and no more Americanized than literally every country on earth with a decent mass media penetration

>Memorize 1000 kanjis
>After a year of not routinely reading Japanese you only remember 300 of them

>They are both heavily americanized
>when you become Americanized, you country becomes a high income country
>when the Russians come in, they destroy your country for 50 years
Kek

Its because of the way their words work. Ka-ta-na-ka and a-ri-ga-to so they tend to say suicide as su-i-ci-do

This came out of nowhere. Never did I imply otherwise! Also, Russia was kinda Americanized during the 90s but we know how it ended.

you only really ""need"" like a tiny portion of them in regular life anyway, unless you want to read classical literature or something.

You need 2k for common reading and extra for classical literature (which is probably shit anyway)

You may already know this but japs have crucially low standard of intelligence compared with the counterparts of every other country on Jow Forums. I unironically believe most of them are diagnosed as border line retards by foreign criteria.

>but Japanese write the most hilariously bad Engrish I've seen on this board?
Protip: at least 95% of that are westerners, mainly Americans, roleplaying dumb stereotypes under Japanese IPs. Actual East Asians on Jow Forums is pretty rare. If you want to find them, you have a higher chance of finding one or two resident natives in the 日本語スレッド or the rare Korean /kr/ general which pops in and out of existence like particles on an event horizon. Even then, the more permanent natives usually being mentally ill tripfags and namefags, not at all representative anyone but themselves.

Most of the Koreans on Jow Forums are American soldiers stationed there or western tourists shitposting while visiting the country.

Attached: 7e6347bb.jpg (270x240, 11K)

Actually I think they have one of the highest avg IQ in the world, but you probably already knew it Kim-kun.

>Chinese anons
Do you mean anons posting with mainland Chinese flags? Yeah, they're not Chinese.

>Kim-kun
oh boy here you go again you dumb fucker.

Attached: 412.png (941x887, 199K)

this only sounds like a lot though
the human brain easily adapts to learn

It's fine until you go deeper into the world of hanja

>christianity is a widespread religion in korea like america while it's almost nonexistent in japan (in part due to america nuking the bastion of japanese christianity aka nagasaki, lol)
>koreans cut their dick like americans while the japanese don't
>korea is a republic like america while japan is still a monarchy since antiquity

the list goes on and on..

are you retarded? I achieved JLPT N1 and the most difficult part of Japanese was fucktons of kanji.

여러분 꿈떡마쇼

I learned Chinese and I didn't find hanzi to be that hard
its not like learning new grammar or anything which is harder, its just hard memorization and idea-association which is easy

I hate Russians after reading this post
>They are both pretty similar countries society
If you look like that, your eyes must be decayed.

Good, good..

HOWEVER

I said in different ways: Japanese has fuckton of loanwords from English since WW2, you also began celebrating Christmas and Valentine's day in a cringy cargo-cult way.

are you 5yo?

Are you a Korean?

Please enlighten the ignorant. Do Poland and Russia seem drastically different to you? I can assure you they're not. But they have more differerence in between than Korea and Japon.

it's true though

with that kind of list, I can say Jeolla-do is a different country not part of korea

>yet another "are you korean?" post from a jap flag
man japs are truly retarded

some japs just act like they're made of pure hatred

More difference and similar is different.
You know it, but you fool Japanese, don' you?

>japanese on this board
things that doesn't exist

Yeah, but I'm better than you Korean

>More difference and similar is different. You know it, but you fool Japanese, don' you?
the fuck are you sayin

I would never fool anybody, I sincerely believe Japan and Korea are pretty similar countries at a world wide scale of things.

Japanese can't go to American uni.

what do you earn from being this ass hurt 넷우익 and scream like an autist?

You are really retarded
If you write such a thing, do it after studying more alone.

wait is this real? why is that?

Similarity is a relative concept that does not imply you are 100% the same. Jomon people came to your islands from Korean peninsula!

Well
You will be able to understand when you look back at my posts, but I don't intend to talk with Koreans
Because they are born liars and there is nothing to get to argue with them
And I will not talk to you anymore
Do you understand?

>being this closed faggot
well if you want to cover your ears and scream like an autist faggot
just turn off this computer and live a happy life with a happy person
you're acting like someone has no life

isn't that the infamous poster which accuses everyone of being a zainichi

kek
If so, most Japanese are infamous posters.

this one in particular has a very recognizable style

>Why Koreans speak decent English

kek

nah, you gotta distinguish between commercial things and cultural things. those are little more than drinking coke and eating mcdonald's.
would you say russia is also heavily americanized just because you drink coke and eat burger?
also, these days, english loanwords prevail in so-called developed countries as well because of commerce.
and on top of this, i thought your point was about japanese lack of proficiency in english. it wouldn't add up that we are shit at english, had we been heavily americanized.

>2000 kanji are only really used
5000 actually

You don't need more than 常用漢字 unless you're someone into literature or shit.

We try don't use English words as heavy as you do this. We rather prefer use Greece, Latin or Germans words.

*to not use
I'm so shit speaker in English.

> Thai, Japan, Taiwan
Axis, single religion, Stronk culture, beautiful people

> Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Philipines, Indonesia
Multi religion, multi ethnic, cucked by christianity, ex colony, weak, ugly people and culture, can not be independent by own power, total shit

or massive gook dissporas

youtube.com/watch?v=FiJd_d8I-iE&feature=youtu.be