/éire/

Wake the fuck up edition

Attached: 1517472881890.jpg (266x674, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yNiLQV4v9E
independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-directorgeneral-praic-duffy-explains-the-role-bertie-aherns-governments-played-in-the-development-of-the-dublin-juggernaut-35378410.html
tz.de/welt/news-ticker-zu-anschlag-in-muenster-auto-rast-in-menschenmenge-mehrere-tote-zr-9759649.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cocks

Attached: 13.jpg (400x400, 33K)

There aren't any of those around here.

>laptop decided to shit itself the one weekend I don't have access to my PC

Attached: 1510568880560.png (700x686, 326K)

Well well well

Well?

Looks like thou shall be phoneposting then...

No, I managed to get it back working after about an hour - it's just running slow as shit. If worst comes to worst, I still have one of my old laptops here anyway.

Attached: 1499827035343.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>it's just running slow as shit
Maybe try installing the Linux on one of them.

>Linux
nice try kike as if i'd use that botnet

Why do Dubs say "mate" so much?

youtube.com/watch?v=1yNiLQV4v9E

Nice of Joe. Do you think he'd make a good president?

>1) Because it's English
>2) Because their culture is so hostile that they need to call random people "friend" in order to neutralise it

Attached: 1498315217408.webm (1280x720, 412K)

No. Unsuitable physiognomy.

>Do you think he'd make a good president?
Too much of a Northerner. The plump Free Staters wouldn't be able to handle his northern fire and brimstone type attitude.

Attached: 1508857320593.jpg (1000x1414, 712K)

>Do you think he'd make a good president?
I don't think I could deal with that accent for 7 years. And if we elect two short presidents in a row, other countries might start to spot a trend.

Explain

Attached: 1491307593627.png (499x503, 253K)

A variant of gayface, to put it crudely.

Other countries do seem to love our leprechaun president in fairness.

No. Only Leinstermen who aren't from Dublin should be allowed to be involved in politics.

Yes, but two in a row would be a bit much. Imagine the Jow Forums bullying. There's too much at stake.

Attached: 1506923298560.jpg (1117x1079, 173K)

Michael D. Higgins puts on a fake accent. Fuck that fag

>t. west brit cill dara dublin lite "male"

This thread is trash

Attached: file.png (794x1300, 2M)

Why do you lie?

Attached: 1494923846882.png (600x931, 362K)

We must never pander to foreign bullies.

Get fucked you provincial. If I had my way you'd be ruled from Carlow.

>Carlow
>calling anyone else provincial

Attached: 1519917274886.png (657x527, 24K)

Are you from Carlow? I'd ask you to get Extra Flags but they're down

Attached: 1513738590082.jpg (550x778, 263K)

Foreign bullies aside, we need Big Bertie in the Áras.

Attached: 1507418359950.jpg (940x529, 73K)

Much male, stale and pale there.

I'd welcome it. He carries connotations of Ireland's peak years so it could help bring a buzz back

>I'd welcome it
Unfortunately for you, the majority of other people won't.

Are those meant to be bad things?

I don't know, but something a bit more representative of the population might be nice. Bring some new ideas to the table.

>Bring some new ideas to the table.
Doubt.jpg

No éire pol for you lads to spout your rightwing garbage lads? He destroyed the country once, why want that again?

Realistically Carlowmen are the only Irishmen who can really be called human. And it just makes sense. As Carlow is at the centre of the only province that matters, the Capital of the Nation should be in Carlow. Plus it'd be a spit in the face of the only 2 counties In Leinster that matter, Kilkenny and Dublin

But I don't post in /éire/pol/.

Attached: 1516900380311.png (487x673, 428K)

>why want that again
Not them, but I don't think he could achieve the destruction of the country by being an Uachtarán.
Might actually be somewhat decent at it, being fairly diplomatic and achieving plenty in the North. However, his legacy as Taoiseach is unlikely to be forgiven by the general populace anytime soon.

Attached: 1519317521906.jpg (1032x1457, 1.19M)

>As Carlow is at the centre of the only province that matters
There is a lot wrong with this short sentence.

>lying

>Might actually be somewhat decent at it, being fairly diplomatic and achieving plenty in the North
Just like Tony Blair, Bertie's reputation as a top-tier diplomat has been tarnished by the brown envelope debacle and the fact that the economy went to shit just after he left (although Cowen went on to take most the flak for that). If you take a politician like Bertie away from the corridors of power and put him in a solely diplomatic role such as President, it's hardly the worst idea ever.

Attached: 1493238083710.png (683x705, 534K)

Memes

Fuck off Kildare. We're the logical choice for a location for all power in the country.

>He destroyed the country once, why want that again?
>Bertie Ahern destroyed the country
Did he?

There's more chance of blindboy boatclub rocking up to the Áras than any of the banking collapse era FF lads.
His name is as toxic as it comes in Irish politics, such little transparency in so many of his dealings and Gaelic football is still being ruined by his initiative of financially doping his own county.

>and Gaelic football is still being ruined by his initiative of financially doping his own county.
Bertie was involved in that?

Hold on a second. Are you praising Bertie, a born and bred dweller of the Pale? A man who is accused of aiding Dublin in their sporting dominance in recent years?

Attached: 1498252579049.jpg (595x842, 126K)

>Bertie was involved in that?
Yes, there are many articles on it you can read.

Reminder that it's perfectly normal not to have a bank account. Who would know more about how untrustworthy the banks are than a former Minister for Finance?

His government sat by while the housing bubble happened and fostered the banking culture of throwing loans out like confetti.
I liked him at the time, as did most people but his legacy is nearly a decade of ruin. Hard to make the claim that he left the country in a good place.

>A man who is accused of aiding Dublin in their sporting dominance in recent years?
Literally just learned about that in this thread right now. I honestly had no idea. What exactly has he been doing for Dublin GAA?

Attached: 1492789911018.jpg (419x419, 143K)

Yep, he pushed a pot of cash for GAA development specifically for Dublin and Dublin only.
independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-directorgeneral-praic-duffy-explains-the-role-bertie-aherns-governments-played-in-the-development-of-the-dublin-juggernaut-35378410.html

We're all seeing the results of that now.

>What exactly has he been doing for Dublin GAA?
I don't remember the exact details but something about pumping money into various schemes for coaches and so forth.
There was a great long article discussing the rise of Dublin over the last ten years that I read a number of months back, but I can't seem to find it now.

Attached: 1503728381135.png (782x645, 490K)

>tfw new guitar
>tfw new headset

Attached: 1522756605694.jpg (299x299, 13K)

Memes aside, Bertie really takes after Haughey in terms of commanding huge amounts respect among many elements of the population despite having committed obvious and serious misdeeds. Is this a skill that only certain FF Taoisigh can possess?

Thanks. Is this something that was publicly known at the time or has it only come to light in recent years?

Attached: 1516260321550.jpg (651x906, 46K)

dead thread for a dead country

>Is this a skill that only certain FF Taoisigh can possess?
No, the likes of Putin, Trump and Berlusconi seem to have a knack for it as well.

I mean has FG ever had a president with anything resembling charisma? Varadkar might be able to pull it off once he ruins the housing market again.

Taoiseach rather. Sounded like a yank there.

I was talking in the context of Irish politics to be fair.

Putin is a bit unfair, because he's effectively the only candidate in Russian presidential elections and the Kremlin controls the media. Berlusconi's revival has been particularly interesting though, especially because he is banned from holding public office.

>I mean has FG ever had a president with anything resembling charisma?
Enda may have been the closest thing FG have ever had to a leader with charisma. Have you seen footage of Varadkar interacting with the common man? He's far more comfortable giving speeches about Brexit and attending EU summits.

Attached: 1511572074767.jpg (1156x2271, 169K)

>Putin is a bit unfair
No no, I think it is an extremely apt comparison that cannot be dismissed so simply.
>He's far more comfortable giving speeches about Brexit and attending EU summits
And sucking off Tusk and Juncker, you forgot those two.

>I think it is an extremely apt comparison that cannot be dismissed so simply.
Go on.

>And sucking off Tusk and Juncker, you forgot those two.
I'd rather he be doing that than making hamfisted attempts at doing the same to Trump.

Attached: 1504119583271.png (531x603, 240K)

Rule34 of Donald and Leo when?

>Go on
Sorry, that's all I got.

well well well

what what what

/Eire/ meetup soon in an undisclosed European country. Skype group members only.

don't care.

is it Ireland?

Nope

You do care, you are just jealous.

>Skype
>using oldfag software
Please leave granddad.

T. Someone who probably joined Eire 1 year ago, and doesn’t realize the sheer importance of the Skype group (which doesn’t even use Skype anymore, but the name remains)

>T.
>Eire
>importance of the Skype group

Attached: 1501962986184.jpg (675x720, 264K)

Haha le ebin anime reaction image with no words!! Nu-Eire is so toxic.

soykype

>Is this something that was publicly known at the time or has it only come to light in recent years?
It was a public use of money so was surely on record although nobody seemed to pay much attention to it at a time when Dublin were struggling in both codes.
It's only in hindsight we're realising how much of an impact it had on the sport.

>this entire post

Attached: 1515623846541.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Skype group fun fact: Most of the members are foreign

so are these threads, portugese, yanks, dubs nornireland and huezillians living here have appeared here a few times

2013-2015 was the golden era of /Eire/.

>episode 13
We kino now, lads.

Attached: 1510675672931.png (819x913, 515K)

In what sense?

>responding to blatant bait

It’s not bait. We’re you even here during that time.

In the sense that /Eire/ was an exciting, dynamic community as opposed to a place to discuss the weather

>In the sense that /Eire/ was an exciting, dynamic community

Attached: 1493064552182.png (653x585, 559K)

Behead those who do not use the fada

>/Eire/
I wonder who could be behind these posts?

Another happening in Germany. Truck of peace strikes again.

Attached: 1506270729179.jpg (1151x720, 167K)

I don’t know, people who don’t want to type in 4 keys at a time in order to produce the correct letter to please some fat autist?

*by a white native german old white guy
like most issues everywhere

>type in 4 keys at a time
>to produce é
What's it like being functionally retarded?

I was apoplectic when Nice happened, now I just hope for it all to come crashing down.

Assuming you're not baiting as usual, where are you hearing that?

Even the 24-hour news channels aren't even giving as much coverage as they used to with regard to these sort of attacks.

According to

>tz.de/welt/news-ticker-zu-anschlag-in-muenster-auto-rast-in-menschenmenge-mehrere-tote-zr-9759649.html

the driver was a 49 year old mentally unstable German citizen

>attack on Munster
Now it's personal.

"citizen"

That says nothing about him being white.

>"citizen"

Attached: 2_neo_nazis_saluting_by_themistrunsred-d572rj6.jpg (1032x774, 100K)

>Für den Nachmittag war im Zentrum von Münster eine Kundgebung einer kurdischen Vereinigung angemeldet. Vereinzelt werden nun Spekulationen laut, ob ein möglicher Zusammenhang besteht. Bisher hat die Polizei laut eines Sprechers darüber jedoch keine Kenntnis.

What a coincidence desu

Attached: 1523061477585.gif (300x225, 1.99M)