He states that the Gauls, although warlike, had a functional society and could be civilized...

>He states that the Gauls, although warlike, had a functional society and could be civilized, but that the Germanic tribesmen were far more savage and were a threat to Roman Gaul and Rome itself.

What did Caesar mean by this?

Attached: de.png (580x348, 258)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHzMVQx4GMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gib back muh Legions
R*mans had it coming

Attached: Battle_of_Teutoburg.jpg (960x583, 169K)

The Gauls were fairly advanced civ with intricate metal work. The Germans were a bit more backwards at the time.

if you think that that's not a compliment than you're mistaken

Butthurt because he couldn't beat them.

I see it like this too

> Caesar said the Germanic tribes were nomadic, with no notable settlements and a primitive culture. He used this as one of his justifications for why they had to be conquered. His accounts of barbaric northern tribes could be described as an expression of the superiority of Rome, including Roman Gaul.[10]

germans are still animals

>He used this as one of his justifications for why they had to be conquered.
Yeah, but he didn't because he was a fucking loser.

civilizing wh*Toids, the burden of the Med man

He was delusional. They had villages and settlements, they were found here. How do you think they should organize this?

pathetic damage control

Attached: german.png (394x476, 86K)

he did enter germanic lands, burned, killed and looted the fuck out of some villages and then went back to deal with his shit in gaul/roma, you were literally not even worth conquering

you are retarded. We have the biggest archeological excavations here. I bet you are even a west germ and an Ahmed.

this

Attached: gdprome.png (540x344, 167K)

Why do we call the whole world's attention to the fact that we have no past? It isn't enough that the Romans were erecting great buildings when our forefathers were still living in mud huts; now Himmler is starting to dig up these villages of mud huts and enthusing over every potsherd and stone axe he finds. All we prove by that is that we were still throwing stone hatchets and crouching around open fires when Greece and Rome had already reached the highest stage of culture. We really should do our best to keep quiet about this past. Instead Himmler makes a great fuss about it all. The present-day Romans must be having a laugh at these relegations.
—Adolf Hitler

pathetic german subhumans

Attached: shitler.jpg (600x253, 29K)

Romans had conquered land not only by military way, but also culturaly. They have practice of geting children of chieftans of beaten tribes as refuges to central provinces, where they grown up seeing good infrastructure, bathes and shit. They returned to homeland believing they previous old live is shit and they should become part of great Roman empire, and as children of local elite could really promote it.
Problems with Germans is was that mediterranian culture was inappropriate for north parts of europe, so Roman empire actually loosely follow isotherms

He's ikibey. Ignore him.

french subhuman
do you think you are nordic now?

They lost though. And Germans did the same, they campaigned deeply into Roman territory the same way near the Limes.

youtube.com/watch?v=QHzMVQx4GMs

The celts priour to the roman ethnocide were to civilised for their own good.
They had sprawling cities, good roads and while they were against literacy managed to sustain a high level of craftmanship and economy.
When the romans came they used the gallian roads to move their legions. As they were impeccable on open fields, the celts got btfod.

Germanics were not only more primitve and inhabiting much more inhospitable land (swamps got drained only in the middleages, many forests cleared) due to a lack of cultivation but also zealously tribalistic.
Celtic settlements were often more communal indicating some kind of ingroup trusts, germanic villages were composed of fenced autarc farmhouses as the families with their offspring did not trust each other, thus lived segregated and were often engaged in some bloodfeuds.

cringe

You are pathetic. I bet you don't even learn a single thing in school about it, because your state is too cucked. Maybe you are a roman cuck state.

t. Saxon

>Germans
>during Roman Era

Attached: 1517841599665.png (817x443, 34K)

>t. Saxon
how do you feel to be related to angl*s?

>t. Saxon
cringy poor nationalistic white trash
like poles, but german speaking

The romans colonised germanics around the rhine tho and created a sucesfull hybrid culture. The ubiers were one of the first friendly tribes who decided to let themselves be settled in a city. (Modern cologne). The same for celtic germany/bavaria and swabia due to the donau river. It only got really problematic around the colder and riverless inlands were you walked through endless stretches of swampy woodlands with some meagre settlements full of agressive snowniggers inbetween.

>he thinks the people living in england are genetically related to saxons in any way

But they are.
Saxons murderfucked the shit out of the galloromans and celts in southern england, bringing their offspring on the land not only as some kind of elite but as peasantry.

It wasn't even a nationalistic post. I was arguing against your Hitler quote. And I would rather like to have an independent state or belonging to Czechia than to you.

but hitler was right
germans are subhumans

Attached: minderwertig.png (685x722, 146K)

Gauls were an advanced civilization. Too bad, they didn't use the write because they were afraid to script their knowledges, so they transmitted everything by oral, so today there are many stuffs we still don't know about Gauls.

The Gauls were savage drunkards is a myth portrayed by the Romans who logically gave a bad description of their enemy.

>The Gauls were savage drunkards is a myth portrayed by the Romans who logically gave a bad description of their enemy.

TBQH the romans used to exagerate the virtues/strenght of their vanquished enemies so they could boast ore of how great they were for beating them

Why do you like to quote Hitler? I don't give a fuck about it. Why don't you go back to Greece?

This is the only decent post in this terrible thread.
Germania/Agricola was meant as a polemic against perceived Roman corruption, you utter brainlets.

But this is my home you german subhuman. My ancestors came here before yours.

surprised ikibey hasnt killed himself yet

Attached: SUICIDE PLANET.png (678x4882, 403K)

Augustus lost. Mainly because he sent that retard Publius Quinctilius to go through the same processes Gaius Julius did in annexing Gaul.

Speak for yourself.

im not a german
thus not an animal

Our worst migrants have lower crime rates than the average Brazilian.

Caesar said it not me.

>Kazakhstan
>#4
>70% Muslim
Nice cherrypicking, Ahmed.

>what does anglo-saxons mean?

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 77K)

You live in Germany, therefore you are German. Stay mad, animal.

You must not be very familiar with English history if you didn’t understand what he was getting at.

I only showed the reason for countries below the Greeks.
kazakhstan is full of atheists and russians

you are pathetic

Attached: b76e4875496a964cbc3870e38618ae23751a5edac13f4bc04d2025efed8ec506.png (894x512, 503K)

know your place german

Attached: the new germans.jpg (1190x838, 248K)

The saxons were conquered by the Normans but were never "outbred" by them, so he's wrong

>ikibey is back

>REEEEEEEEEEE muh skin color identity politics
As I said, stay mad, animal. You’re German whether you like it or not.

>you are pathetic
Cherrypicking is pathetic.

And Kazakhstan full of atheists, kek. Sure.

>You’re German whether you like it or not.
i dont
being german is an insult

Well, sucks to be you then ’CAUSE YA ARE ONE :D

ikibey is already worse than dead

How could he know this and still think the Germans were superior ?
At this point you'd think he would have realized that superiority in whatever field isn't inherent to ethnicity

"savages" is just what romans called those they feared

>As I
>stay
>a
>mad
>animal
thats no way to talk to yourself ikibey

this is how most balkan people and many turks are
they know they are inferior but for some reason they are extremelly nationalistic and deny facts

i think many asians are like that

#prayformunster

>How could he know this and still think the Germans were superior ?
>implying Hitler believed his own propaganda
It was random incoherent bullshit made up on the spot, otherwose he wouldn't hand over the honorary aryan status left and right

I think you mean patriotic

the entirety of the western roman empire fell to germanic tribes.

Attached: 1486242866414.png (420x510, 202K)

The fuck are you talking about, fool?

>t. Saxon
Why didn't Charlemagne finish the job ugh.

’Cause they couldn’t pay the upkeep of their tech’d out civ, mate.

Attached: Battle of Nations War against Napoleon.jpg (765x574, 64K)

stupid trash

we are saxons

>claiming Karl der Große exclusively for the French like the frog you are
Guess we’re Erbfeinde for a reason, eh?