I live here. Do you live on an island as well?

I live here. Do you live on an island as well?

Attached: bornholmerkort_fdf.png (3771x3011, 2.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/08/09/t-magazine/travel/bornholm-island-denmark-travel.html
nypost.com/2017/07/31/this-hidden-scandinavian-island-is-a-foodie-must-visit/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I imagine everything is more expensive?

And do you live in the biggest city on the island?

Y-yes desu!

Attached: 1516740109826.jpg (1000x1293, 222K)

What happens here?

Attached: Smaller islands.jpg (507x198, 10K)

>Bornholm
>Danish flag

Just ain't right.

This is my island.

Attached: provincie-flevoland-(1280x1024).png (1280x1024, 396K)

Sex.

yes, the biggest island in the world

>I imagine everything is more expensive?
Not really.
>And do you live in the biggest city on the island?
Yes.

It's just a lot of rock, tourists go there sometimes.

We are Danes.

So how different is your island from the rest of Denmark? I can see that there is a bit of distance between your island and the rest of your country

Is the capital Flavourtown?

Some speak dialect but it's dying out. Things are slower here than mainland Denmark and there are many old people, otherwise it's not much different.

Yes

no, but I will be once the sea levels rise 100 metres and all your coastal shitholes are drowned

can‘t wait

I visited Bornholm once. It is a magnificent place.

we will die, everything we do is useless

Yes

I have a summer house in Listed.

Actually, it's an old military fortress. Not a huge big one, but from before the world wars, with guns to take down wooden ships. It's still completely owned an governed by the navy. But Denmark is not a highly militarized nation, so it's a formal arrangement. The locals have a bad reputation, excellent for turist, both foreign and national, but few would dream to live with them. They could be compared to rednecks, not the best direct comparison, but i'll display my point.

Also, it's one of few "legal tax heavens". As it's not a part of the Kingdom as such, but a military island, you only pay the government tax, not the local, not the region(comparable to states, i guess). So it's one of the absolutely lowest taxed areas of northern Europe. But, it'll take you several hours getting to civilization, so no one bothers to use it as a tax heaven. You would have to live there, and it would take 1-1½ hour before you could get to the main islands airport, and there's no way in hell, that you'll be allowed to get a helicopter for a faster trip by the locals.

I would argue otherwise. I'm not living there, but my family is from there, and we go on our summer residence every year, at least once.

There is a lot of interesting stuff going on, on that Island. But it would have to be your interest to make a difference, there's not a huge nigh life or something like that, but it's a European hipster hotspot. Hear my out here, every American or big city European hipster would absolutely hate the shit out of this place, when they realized what happened. Simply because the locals does not care shit for Instagram, neither the artist. They're not pretenders. Most of the creative minds i met over there, is humble and realistic. So instead of making starbuck coffee art, they ceramic artist that had a hard time getting it all to run, established an island wide cooperative ceramics workshop, so the 10 or so artist, can produced for specific orders, without being limited by their own capacity, or risk bancruptcy if there's a few months without orders. And most of the mentality on the island is likewise.

They have a local meat-plant, with a limited amount of workers, not because it's state subsidized (The island would not be nearly big enough for it's own, in the modern market) But the farmers have found a highly lucrative market for organic products and meat. It was the Danes that invented modern organic agriculture, it's a derivative of Biodynamic, which it's arguably too "fanatic" to be feasable. The European organic standards is based on the Danish, while the Danish has been more refined. We have another name for it, okologi, which was used to differentiate it from biodynamic in the 70's, because the intelligent of them knew, that the hipsters fanatic organic dreams was just too much.

New york times and/or new york post went there last year, and spawned several travel agancys high interested in "the hidden trasure island"

But let me be clear, it's not for ego-hipsters or charter tourist.

nytimes.com/2017/08/09/t-magazine/travel/bornholm-island-denmark-travel.html
nypost.com/2017/07/31/this-hidden-scandinavian-island-is-a-foodie-must-visit/

Sounds like a rural community, lovely to visit.
No wonder my parents loved it.

It is defenetly a visit worth. And i will get you to admire, that there is still intelligent people that are open minded and have a rational balance of environmental/artist interest. The vegetarians is not going to trouble you, the non-hipster locals just so, they're just living together.

yes

Attached: 565665.png (1200x967, 221K)

isn't eurasia one big island though

Attached: 234651342.jpg (807x935, 107K)

there's a museum and a rescue station evidently

Eurasia is the mainland, silly. It the Americas, Australia and Antartica that are the big islands.

i visited last summer. really comfy. old houses and no roads

Attached: 7655665.jpg (4288x2848, 1.86M)

Attached: 0500400.jpg (436x289, 30K)

Yes

Attached: a pretty big one.png (732x412, 422K)

Yes. I live on an island with 15 k people.

No, but I would love to. I just need to learn Norwegian or Icelandic