Post everything you know about Mexico

Post everything you know about Mexico
And no, beheading drugs and cartels and related Jow Forums shit doesn't count.

What you actually know about this country. Cities, persons, culture, etc.

Attached: Mexico_coat_of_arms.png (579x525, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0U12sjwseU
youtube.com/watch?v=w5fLGWrHouk
youtube.com/watch?v=O0VaLlMpVn8
youtube.com/watch?v=68CDuM6su0o
youtube.com/watch?v=R6Hm5tl4Fcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1496536256276.jpg (540x443, 54K)

guys are ugly and i want out

>Post everything you know about Mexico
>and no, everything you know about Mexico doesn't count

Why did you make this thread in this website?

This but replace guys with girls.
Only like 2 in 10 girls are cute, and even then they all become ugly when they start pushing 30s

Uh...between Guerrero, Victoria, and Hidalgo your revolutionaries had cool names?

>And no, beheading drugs and cartels and related Jow Forums shit doesn't count.

Attached: img.jpg (2000x1505, 78K)

monterrey looks mad interesting

shigeru MIZUKI loved Mexico

Attached: 9784063775976_w.jpg (640x908, 189K)

>Central America is rightful Mexican territory
>they pay their respects to the dead by giving the food and entertainment

They are trying to make a new nation.

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (1280x674, 364K)

mexico would have been smaller, but the diplomat we sent to end the mexican-american war felt bad for mexico, so he change the border that the feds agreed upon to end the war

kinda glad we didnt take more, the confederates would have been extremely mexican if we did

Attached: pink line should be ours.png (2000x1834, 545K)

What's it like to grow up in Mexico?

Pancho Villa?

tacobell

>Post everything you know about Mexico
Tequila, Tortillas, Fajitas, Enchiladas, Salsa, Siesta, Fiesta, Burritos, Tacos, Cacti, Sombreros, Pinatas, dying of heat stroke and a state called Chihuahua

burritos are very yummy

Some Spanish commies from the civil war moved there. And you fought the French at some point or something and are very proud about it.

Need an mx bf

Attached: b5352bf4-3fbb-4f7e-842e-4093be51d2d7.jpg (960x1280, 245K)

>Some Spanish commies from the civil war moved there
We pretended that the Spanish Republic still existed until Franco died
In Morelia the republican flag was raised and himno de riego was played to honor it

There's an interesting concrete skyscraper in Mexico City whrre theybhave displaced a historical structure near it's base and built the tower all around it.

Maximillian was based
Do Mexicans like him?

had lots of interesting civilization in pre-columbian times
cool mythology, fine arts, weird shit like the flower wars and human sacrifices
xicotenga, cuhautemoc, dona marina
the story of the spanish conquest is an epopee, almost surreal
don't know much about the rest of the colonial period, but I know a bit about the early 20th century revolutions, mostly thanks to western movies

Well basically from the colonial times Mexican history it's basically some asshole killing another for the presidency until the gringos decided that a fake democracy will suits and installed some guy to be called president until some Colosio gut spoke too much and was killed. Later the things went back to normal but with some other party.
And 5 de mayo it's the battle of Puebla not independence day, that day is September 16 and it's Porfirio Diaz birthday. The more you know.

not mexicano

>strong earthquake epicenter near Puebla
>news coverage and entertainment is to cheer up Mexico City people affected on the edge of the city facing towards the earthquake
>Puebla being affected mentioned only in passing
GUD LAWD
is Puebla hated? What's bad about it? Did most die or something?

>What's bad about it?
pipopes

They're just fags like that.
Just like when it was Hurricane Irma or something, all the news talking about Florida and shit that was going to happen there, with just a side mention of the Caribbean countries that got destroyed on the way.
Mexico City is always the important, big deal place, and other places don't matter.

Cantinflas

>America first in American news
Carnal, that's not how you use analogies.

Kukulcan

Cancun is nice. Some of the music is nice and comfy af but there's also some that is on the opposite end of the spectrum and gives me a headache.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0U12sjwseU
youtube.com/watch?v=w5fLGWrHouk
youtube.com/watch?v=O0VaLlMpVn8

What is that music called? Is it just "mariachi" music? Because sometimes I hear Mexicans driving their trucks around blasting stuff that has a really annoying polka like beat and bassline.

Attached: average mexican mariachi.jpg (1280x692, 83K)

Those links are to songs I like, what I meant is are they in the same genre as the ones that annoy me ?

Mariachi or rancheras

The Polka music you're referring to is called "música de banda/norteño/corridos"
Really annoying I don't like it either

el chente is rancheras
antonio banderas is a spaniard, i guess those songs are flamenco
as the other user said, what you dont like is called either banda or corridos

Went to Puebla a week ago and the Uber driver called them that. Why the animosity?

Those are corridos or norteno. Don't like it for the most part but I like chalino for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=68CDuM6su0o

its just banter, one of my friends is a pipope
they make breddy good mole

>And no, beheading drugs and cartels and related Jow Forums shit doesn't count.
That's literally all Mexico has tho

Attached: 1504626019210.jpg (900x900, 287K)

>Mexican cities I know:
Mexico, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Puebla, Acapulco, Cancun, Ciudad Juarez.
>Famous Mexicans I know:
Peña Nieto, Carlos Slime, El Chapo Guzman, That guy from ZOE.
>Random stuff...
Mexico is the capital. Spanish is the language. Borders with the US, Guatemala, and Belize. Mariachis, Corridos. Tacos are not actually Mexican. Piñatas. Invented the Colored TV. It is the most populous Spanish speaking country. Used to be New Spain. Used to be, for a brief period, an Empire that ruled over all of Central America (minus Panama).

Attached: 1490456921209.png (738x676, 542K)

Was invaded by France once. I think...

>Tacos are not actually Mexican
That's not true

It's fucking disgusting, man. Literally slightly spicy chocolate and the restaurants drowned the dishes in that shit leaving a soggy, sickly sweet mess. Fuck mole poblano.

Nice root

Obleas are delicious.

They play marching band on strip clubs.

They also do cockfighting (see world slasher cup)

Benito Juarez is somewhat a hero.

Benito Juárez was a fucking traitor

Please elaborate

The zapotec shepherd?

how so?

It's dumb bait

Benito Juárez and Maximilian were both good leaders BUT they had retarded people under their disposal. And those retards would kill each them if they showed support for the other's ideas. They should have worked together but Mexican people had just enough of foreigners meddling into Mexican policies.

I know that your country must be empty by now considering how many of you fucks have flooded into my state.

Seriously though why are all of you yard workers? cali is a desert and we dont need 10 million beaners who can only mow a lawn

>However, some scholars have suggested that the flower war served purposes beyond gaining sacrifices and combat training.[2] For example, Hassig states that for the Aztecs, "flower wars were an efficient means of continuing a conflict that was too costly to conclude immediately."[10] As such, a purpose of these wars was to occupy and wear down the enemy's fighting force.[10] By requiring an equal number of soldiers on each side, the Aztecs made the battle seem balanced at first; however, the side with fewer overall troops suffered more because the losses comprised a greater percentage of their total forces.[10] Through this, the Aztecs used the flower wars to weaken their opponents.[10] Furthermore, since fewer soldiers took part in flower war as compared to a traditional war, the practice of flower war allowed the Aztecs to hold a potential threat at bay while focusing the bulk of their forces elsewhere.[10]

>Another purpose of the flower war, according to Hassig, was to show the superiority of Aztec troops.[10] This was another reason that equal numbers of troops were used.[10] If the Aztecs tried to use numerical superiority, their enemy would resort to the kind of defensive tactics that the Aztecs had trouble fighting against.[10] With equal numbers, the enemy would fight the Aztecs on the open field, where individual soldiers had a greater chance of showing off their martial ability.[10] Finally, according to Hassig, “propaganda was perhaps the most significant purpose of flower wars."[10] By engaging their opponents in the flower war, the Aztecs were able to continuously showcase their force, which warned other city-states about their power.[10] If the Aztecs made enough of a show of force, it could encourage the allies of the Aztecs' enemies to change their allegiance.[10]

Migration to the US has done nothing but go lower and lower as the years go on. What are you talking about?
It's nowhere near as bad as it was 15 or so years ago.

my ancestors :)

Youre right, because you are all already here.

El Goblino de Wetback

Because they are ignorant and like to stay as it is, and by that i don't mean they have to be eggheads they just refuse to learn the basic things or to know better yet challenging alternatives.

My favorite period of Mexican history is the Reforma war and the 2nd Empire/French intervention

If any of you guys want a quick summary of Max role in our history it's time to practice your spanish:

youtube.com/watch?v=R6Hm5tl4Fcg

Attached: EJERCITO MEXICANO0022.jpg (1600x1039, 365K)

Eras of Mexico according to me
>Olmec era
>Maya era
>Teotihuacan era
>Aztec era
>The triple alliance
>Arrival of the Europeans
>Early colonial era
>Colonial era
>War of independence
>First Empire collapse
>First republic
>Centralist Republic Santa Anna era
>War with foreign powers era of humiliation
>War of the reform era of liberals and conservatism
>Era of coups
>2nd french intervention
>2nd Empire
>Restored republic
>Era of rebellions plans
>Early porfiriato
>Revolution era
>Revolutionary free for all
>Institutionalisation end of the revolution
>Era of progress
>Golden age
>World war 2 the Mexican miracle
>Single party state era
>Downfall of the economy
>Great devaluation
>Return to democracy
>War on drugs
>Return of the PRI
>???

Attached: uniforme-trigarante-456x600.jpg (456x600, 56K)

This is the flag of the Republic of Yucatán.
Say something nice.

Attached: Bandera_de_Yucatán.png (533x300, 7K)

makes me think of christmas for some reason

looks american inspired

AMLO era is next