This is a criollo family in 18th century New Spain

This is a criollo family in 18th century New Spain

Your thoughts?

Attached: Portrait_of_the_family_Fagoga_Arozqueta_-_AnoĢnimo_ca.1730.jpg (1024x746, 193K)

56% of my ancestors :)

Kill the Cr*ollo

what does "criollo" mean for you?
here in brazil, it literally means "nigger"

Pure Spaniard in Latin America

lol I have 2 best friends one is a Mexican friend with blonde hair and the other is a spanish kid who's half black

ahahahahaha nooo chicano, just no

Criollos were American-born Europeans (Mostly Spanish, though) during colonial times. They were the second highest echelon in society after Peninsulares (European-born Europeans).

>is a spanish kid who's half black
So how is he Mexican, then?

Either new world born europeans (from european families, obviously), or people who, according to the caste system, got bleached (1/8 amerindian or less)

This is a BLACK chadmeridian BULL brigade in 16th century Aconca-Hue.

Your thoughts?

Attached: el_joven_lautaro_-_p-_subercaseaux_1.jpg (1200x500, 753K)

This was very educational, thanks. Now I'm wondering why did "criollo" turn into such an ugly word here in Brazil...

Attached: mmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg (713x528, 50K)

What does Criollo mean in Brazil? Did you have something like the Caste system?

Looks like a bunch of fags tb h, i prolly can heem every single one of those homos

Too wh*te

Did they spoke like peninsular spaniards or like the local indios and mestizos?

What were Bulgarians doing in the 18th century?

ur mom lmao

Attached: el cucuy.png (1200x922, 1.13M)

Eat them

their descendants are probably an elite in some latam country

Rude
Don't know. By this time it would've been over 200 years since the Spaniards came so they probably would've developed their own accent, I think.

Also, just a guess, but I think most people outside of Criollos and Peninsulares spoke indigenous languages.

Criollo here literally means "nigger". It's an offensive word to black people and it's taboo to use it. I believe the portuguese never established a caste system based on race, just general hierachy based on social class

In English, Creole also means black.

I think Creole in English it's mostly for mixed people of white/Black heritage, except in the case of Louisiana Creoles where a lot of them if not most are white.
Doesn't social class in Brazil correlate with race?

>Louisiana Creoles where a lot of them if not most are white.

vast majority are mixed and hide their colored ancestry.

Ball in colonial Chile

Attached: Baile_del_Santiago_antiguo.jpg (700x652, 191K)

breddy cool
these are MIS ANCESTROS :)

Attached: Reproduction_of_Bonampak_murals_panorama-5946e11b5f9b58d58a54c538.jpg (768x567, 87K)

rate my Apache States of America
>tfw slaughtering nude savages was so easy you enjoy more the amerindian campaigns

Attached: 20180411050301_1.jpg (1600x1200, 743K)