Why were the Philippines cucked so hard by the Spanish?

Why were the Philippines cucked so hard by the Spanish?

Don't think any other Asian country even comes close.

Attached: 1504746081765.png (691x510, 639K)

Other urls found in this thread:

themillenniumreport.com/2016/10/vladimir-putin-publish-a-world-map-and-mark-all-the-u-s-military-bases-on-it-you-will-see-the-difference-between-russia-and-the-us/
id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramalan_Jayabaya
archive.fo/WE6mm
archive.fo/vGnRX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Such an awful big belly, Felipe.

It's because they were tribal people. Hindu and Muslim kingdoms we're just getting established when the Spanish came.

Had the Spanish come 100 years later, it would be like Indonesia

Because they sent some michoacanos to kick their ass

What?
Why did the Philippines have less complex societies than the rest of Malay Archipelago?

I was thinking the same when I read the yearly crucifixion stories of the Philippines during Easter. How did the Spanish managed to convert them so strongly?

There was no prior civilization there so the first external influence they had was with Spain/Western civilization.
Isolation and lack of contact with China/India.

probably this damn and i thought nips only shitpost

>it would be like Indonesia

Define

>How did the Spanish managed to convert them so strongly?
I think pagan societies are more susceptible to more universalitic religions like Christianity.

Also, not all of Spain was converted. Southern Spain had a few Muslim kingdoms that fought tooth and nail for centuries. When they finally fell they sought help from the Americans who 'liberated' them.

To this day Southern Philippines is still Muslim iirc.

* Also, not all of Philippines was converted. Southern Philippines had a few Muslim kingdoms

quality posts

A Muslim country with some Hindu/Buddhist heritage.

Hindu literature like the Ramayana would be part of the culture like the rest if asean.

They would mostly have Native/Sanskrit/Arabic based place names and people names.

Attached: agusan_gold_image_by_greglarro-d7sadjd.jpg (1098x727, 131K)

>When they finally fell they sought help from the Americans who 'liberated' them.
I didn't know this. Kinda ironic considering the Muslims there, today are anti-American, I think.
Wasn't the area around Manila also a sultanate or a Muslim principality? I think they used to trade with China a lot.

>A Muslim country with some Hindu/Buddhist heritage
How do SEAsian Muslims feel about their pagan heritage? Do they embrace it or...
>I didn't know this. Kinda ironic considering the Muslims there, today are anti-American, I think.
Well they should be. Yanks weren't exactly nice.
>Wasn't the area around Manila also a sultanate or a Muslim principality? I think they used to trade with China a lot.
It was Muslim but it wasn't a Sultanate iirc. I read it was a Muslim Rajanate so I think it was a ex-Hindu kingdom that turned Muslim.

Attached: Merlin_23939724.jpg (2048x1557, 584K)

>Yanks weren't exactly nice.
What did they do?

Why do you people keep bringing up Hindu culture? Philippines is the least indianized country in southeast asia

>What did they do?
I learned it's hard to speak about SEA history or culture without mentioning influence from India (bar Vietnam). You weren't as Indianized as Indonesia or Malaysia but you still were.

Attached: Jgpm8hx3To_1403231451413.jpg (1024x768, 158K)

>Flips have not one but two cuckstamps on their coat of arms

Attached: 512px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_Philippines.svg.png (512x568, 94K)

>Philippine eagle is a cuckstamp

?????

Japan and China were cucked for centuries, but tbf they chased the whites out eventually

It's just taking the flips longer

>Philippine eagle
Nice cope
>" in sinister base gules, the Lion Rampant of Spain; in dexter base azure, the American eagle displayed proper. "

Attached: 2000px-Greater_coat_of_arms_of_the_United_States.svg.png (2000x2111, 1.28M)

>Japan and China were cucked for centuries,
wat

Attached: 1200px-Abe_Shinzo_2012_02.jpg (1200x1437, 224K)

>>What did they do?
Why the Muslims specifically?

No. Spanish culture is ingrained into their identity

Attached: Philippines.jpg (498x540, 145K)

YOU LEAVE OUR PRECIOUS FLIPS ALONE YOU DIRTY MEXICAN

He's wearing a suit and tie mang

Japan was never cucked, just forced to open up and then they modernised very efficiently and effectively not long after.

And China was cucked, but for about a century, not many centuries. See the "century of shame/humiliation". It's very important in understanding the mindset of China.

No >:3

They have a habit of chimping out I guess. They still do today because they want independence.

Attached: 201110414553483734_8.jpg (1000x667, 210K)

Moros liked to use suicide attacks which often provoked harsh responses and this went on until Pershing tried a actually having a strategy.

Attached: Moros.png (284x618, 86K)

Some of our system is modeled after your country because we were after all a colony, but you could have at least searched in google what a Philippine eagle is

flips are the best peoples outside of murricans

U WILL NOT B 1 OF THEM

now MAKE ME TACO

>Japan was never cucked
Not really "cucked" but Japan was occupied for decades and still has American bases on it's soil today.

>has
>american
>bases
>on
>soil

and we're bad at geography

oh well if we're going past ww2 then I guess so

what?

themillenniumreport.com/2016/10/vladimir-putin-publish-a-world-map-and-mark-all-the-u-s-military-bases-on-it-you-will-see-the-difference-between-russia-and-the-us/

Attached: 1499190754442.jpg (876x493, 64K)

It's part of our cultures. We think that Majapahit empire is the ideal era and the golden era. We still believe about the prophecy from a javanese hindu king about the future and such.

Attached: 1505174122592.png (511x485, 225K)

>When they finally fell they sought help from the Americans who 'liberated' them.
Muslims sought our help?

What prophecy?

>Japan was never cucked, just forced to open up
Which is lucky. There were plans by Britain to colonize them but they got hogged up in India, Afghanistan and China before the Americans swooped in.

guys the fucking aussie is a retard can you stop entertaining him and let him go get marveled by a light

I only translate the 1st to 10th prophecy
id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramalan_Jayabaya
>Besuk yen wis ana kreta tanpa jaran ---> Kelak jika sudah ada kereta tanpa kuda ---> In the future, there will be a transportation without horses
>Tanah Jawa kalungan wesi ---> Pulau Jawa berkalung besi ---> Java island with iron necklace (probably meaning about rail line or such)
>Prahu mlaku ing dhuwur awang-awang ---> Perahu berjalan di angkasa ---> a ship fly at the space (or maybe just an airplane though, but nowadays angkasa=space)
>Kali ilang kedhunge ---> Sungai kehilangan mata air ---> river loses its spring
>Pasar ilang kumandhang ---> Pasar kehilangan suara ---> market loses its voice (bargaining thing)
>Iku tandha yen tekane zaman Jayabaya wis cedhak ---> Itulah pertanda zaman Jayabaya telah mendekat. ---> that's where Jayabaya era is near
>Bumi saya suwe saya mengkeret --- Bumi semakin lama semakin mengerut.
Sekilan bumi dipajeki ---> Sejengkal tanah dikenai pajak. ---> lands becomes taxed
>Jaran doyan mangan sambel ---> Kuda suka makan sambal. ---> horse likes eating sambal
>Wong wadon nganggo pakeyan lanang --->Orang perempuan berpakaian lelaki. ---> girls wear boyish clothes
This was arguably written in around 1600s-1700s.

> guys the fucking aussie is a retard can you stop entertaining him and let him go get marveled by a light

Attached: 1509930592793.png (400x400, 27K)

Forgot to translate this
>Bumi saya suwe saya mengkeret --- Bumi semakin lama semakin mengerut. ---> earth becomes smaller

An eagle that looks absolutely nothing like the bald eagle that's on your CoA.

There, you see? He was marveled by pictures instead.

Pretty cool desu, some have become true.

Do people outside of Java also believe stuff like this? I remember seeing a religion map about Indonesia and it showed that other islands like Sumatra and Borneo are dominated by Modernist Islam which is less influenced by local folklore?

check em digits
I always liked SEA history. Comfy naval expeditions and the mix of cultures are pretty /fa/

Nah most of them are about lost of our own cultures and such. Also he predicted about Dutch and Japanese occupations too. archive.fo/WE6mm
Also I found someone translated the prophecy in english. archive.fo/vGnRX

Traditionalist Islam = Influenced by Hindu+Buddhism and also Chinese cultures (since the one who spread Islam here was chinese, so we get to have confucianism elements in Islam)
Modernist Islam = Influenced by Arab culture and Chinese cultures
Probably something like this. They also don't really believe the prophecy unlike how the javanese believe it though.

>What?
Lopez de Legazpi took 350 MEXICAN BULLS to conquer some philippine islands

Beautiful.