Is there any christians here?

Is there any christians here?
Do you seriously believe the Virgin Birth of Jesus actually happened?

Attached: 9A5EA822-A121-4382-8BA9-A72DFDC34F3D.jpg (220x175, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

non-christian here, the rationality of virgin birth is irrelevant you just have to understand it in terms of theology
like how buddah can live on one grain of rice a day for years , a miracle for symbolism, if that means anything to you

yes

Virgin Birth wasn't added into the story till much later. Older versions that were discovered contain no mention of it. I was raised Catholic but not really religous at all. Abrahamic mythology is traced back to Sumerian legends that the ancient Hebrew ancestors probably picked up and adapted it into their myth. The original garden of eden story was actually a positive message of eating the apple. It was about freedom from slavery even if it meant a worse life.

>the rationality of virgin birth is irrelevant
no man.. Jesus was not infected by original sin **because** of his virgin birth.

His purity is based on that.

not quite
Genesis borrowed a lot from the Enûma Eliš, but the jews made significant modifications to it so they could use a creation myth as a way of establishing the Abrahamic understanding of the relationship between God, mankind and creation along with concepts of original sin. It's essentially existential poetry.

Original sin isn't part of original Christianity. That was thought up much later.

Christians literally don't exist, they are all LARPing

>Original sin isn't part of original Christianity.
then, what's there to save humans' soul from?

Without original sin, there's no need for salvation.

yes Jesus is true

that part was also put in later

They used to centuries ago, before modern science; now they just say what said

For example Saint Augustine really did believe that Adam lived 900 years. Magical thinking used to be a thing.

then what is Christianity, if not salvation?

I believe you are hinting at the gayish gnosticism.

hmm

>existential poetry.
it's called cosmogony, fellow

that's basically what it was in the early days
after many heresies and so forth you get the jesus son of god and so on

I mean the Sumerian version the oldest one we have, portrayed eating the apple (it was kind of other fruit originally iirrc) as a positive thing. The Jews just inverted the morals. Either way it shows Abrahamic religions are just old stories and myths. I have nothing against people who want to be spiritual, but I'm tired of fundamentalists. It's clear that Abrahamic religion is just as false as any other ancient myth we dig up. Just happened to "win" against the others and take over most of the world.

well, then you all are Buddhist, for all it's worth.

Hi, i do.
Orthodox Christian

hmm

no, as I said Genesis is old stories and myths repurposed to highlight the Abrahamic beliefs as opposed to other religions in the world
the Abrahamic theological traditions were fundamentally distinct from other religions

You still have Salvation.
No, you can still commit sins and be redeemed like always. It's just there was no concept of being a sinner even at birth.

also during the first century there were jews (practicing jews) who also believe in christ and was not a controversy as it is now

it was only during the rise of the roman church that they decided to make certain aspects dogmatic

>well, then you all are Buddhist, for all it's worth.
a pointless suggestion since to christian practices pre-chalcedon christianity

>to
no*

>pre-chalcedon
what's this?

it defines jesus to be specifically both of the same stuff as man and god

>the Abrahamic theological traditions were fundamentally distinct from other religions
Even though their stories are older than them and most of the gods were also taken from other groups. They didn't really stand out until they dropped polytheism and had Yahweh be their only god.

>christians here
Nope

to specifically root out heresies in terms of practical dogmatic question

>you can still commit sins and be redeemed like always
so, how does that work?
i fuck someone else's wife and then what? believe in jesus?

All christians are larpers doos bult

I know a born again/evangelist who literally believes that Mary was a virgin and God was Jesus's daddy.

poor Joseph, the ultimate cuck

it is useful as a religions symbol because it does make jesus miraculous
this is why they pushed the conception thing a lot because it separates child-making from lust and so on

give examples of how the abrahamic theological traditions are derivative of other religions then

>root out heresies in terms of practical dogmatic question
ahh.. so a sneaky rider to stop troublemakers.

Eh? All the ancient tribal groups in that area had very similar beliefs. It's believed Hebrews really got most of their ideas from the Canaanites. They were likely all related to each other actually.

at that time they didn't burn them yet, they just need to make a stance on what is official

some of the enemies of rome at time believe in jesus that was created (begotten by) like adam, it was a political move

>Mary was virgin when she gave a birth to Jesus
>that means Jesus popped her cherry with his head
nice religion you got there

Yep, Christianity was romanized. The Church just became a Roman institution for imperialism.

how come Eve and Adam never had kids before the apple eating

it's a myth

not many practicing christians cared in the beginning because those things had nothing to do with their practical beliefs about neighbor and so forth, the trinity was needed as a motto of us versus them kind of dialectic

they knew no sin

there was an author, John Milton in Paradise lost, who wrote that Adam and Eve had sex in the garden before the apple event

>they knew no sin
>having kid is a sin

Paradise Lost is fiction

"sin" is a euphemism for "sex", Rajeek

The continuity of human life is sinful, this world itself is worthless according to Christians

hmm

Yea

>your wife cucks you
>instead of beating her you declare her child gods
>3 rich fucks believe you and give you tribute
>your wifes son later gets nailed to a cross for pissing of the other jews

Attached: 1429727823037.jpg (258x245, 12K)

interesting thought

Attached: mexican intellectuals.jpg (1280x706, 210K)

I am not a creationist, i don't believe god created everything in a week, i don't believe the fairy tales.
But i do believe God created everything, he set the universe into motion, created all the laws for it and whatnot.

what do christians even think of Joseph? Or do they not even think of him at all? You never even hear of him after the birth of Jesus. I think he divorced Mary

>But i do believe God created everything, he set the universe into motion, created all the laws for it and whatnot.
Why not God *is* everything?

welcome to Hinduism.

mysticism is a thing in abrahamic religions as well

can you elaborate? I'm interested.

You guys have literally mixed your pre-christian ancestor worship to catholicism. Prolly, that's why Francis is so based?

he's beatified

anyone who is a creationist has no understanding of christianity.
there's literally two contradictory creation stories in Genesis

What's the difference between Beatification and Canonization?

is that Hinduism? that's what I literally believe, I believe in Panentheism

Obviously not, christianity is a just reason to be friend with some one and killing and conquering other.

Attached: 1508277572155.jpg (150x150, 11K)

You mean the pagan religions of Europe? Yeah, Christians had to adapt their jewish roots to Europeans sensibilities when they started evangelizing

>You guys have literally mixed your pre-christian ancestor worship to catholicism.

You haven't seen Russian Orthodox Church yet.

Why not just skip all the kike shit and go back to paganism?

Attached: 1523430072695.jpg (500x675, 101K)

>You mean the pagan religions of Europe?
no. i meant south americans. Europeans did some very strict things as they are closer to Rome.

You on the other hand the advantage of distance.

yeah.. one of the school in Hinduism.. the one I follow, at least. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman)

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT IT WAS ITALIANS WHO KILLED JESUS
ITALIANS ARE REAL JEWS

>One God
>One Empire
>One Nation
>One Imperator

at least regarding mexico it's not much different from european catholicism, Saints are common even to the orthodox Church. Of course there have been some interesting local developments but I'd dare to say that that happens everywhere,

Really, early christians weren't as dogmatic as you imagine since it didn't have as much a large following, they couldn't afford getting picky regarding what prohibit or not if they wanted to convert someone. I'd dare to say that only until Constantine Christianity became as arrogant as it is now.