Go to France

>go to France
>they expect you to speak French to them
>if you don’t they act extremely rude and ignore you

Attached: 19AA4F3B-3829-473A-8988-0767AFEA2E21.jpg (308x464, 29K)

stop lying
I was in france half a year ago, didn't speak a lick of french and everyone was kind and willing to help me in english

>go to britain
>they expect you to speak urdu to them

>go to England
>they expect you to speak English to them
>if you don't they act extremely rude and ignore you

This meme has to stop! I personnaly am very welcoming toward tourists and never expect them to speak French. Yet that can a plus, I gladly talk with people in English and am not expecting people from all around the world to speak it. Therefore, and like thhe Dutch monarchy say it, "je maintiendrai" : leave the fucking Commonwealth annd join the beautiful Francophonie !

On the flipside, if you speak French (well) they are going to treat you like a god since lots of them have an inferiority complex when it comes to their own language skills.

They were rude because you are an anglo
I went there, spoke in English and everyone was kind and cool with me
Based latin bros

this

We discussed this at work today.
The trick is to start speaking broken French to show you did some effort.

>go to France
To what purpose?

Which is meaningless because a foreigner who can speak good French is one in a million.

we don't expect foreigners to speak english to the extreme. if we see a chinese guy or someone wearing a turban, we'll start speaking slowly and using simple words even if they were born in america lol

t. dixie

When I went to France and try to ask for stuff to people in English they all ignored me, but when I did it in Spanish everyone was trying to guess what was I trying to say lol

I react the same way when americans ask for directions here.

>we'll start speaking slowly and using simple words even if they were born in america lol

You have to speak slowly because no one can understand your hilly billy accent, you dunce.

>go to Malvinas.
>they expect you to respect their selfdetermination

Attached: a.png (560x407, 17K)

>go to sweden
>they expect you to speak english to them
>if you don't they start to talk english anyway and ignore your attempts at learning

that's just how we speak here. I'm sure your accent sounds funny to austrian tourists

I've been to France numerous times and this has never happened to me.

haha immigrant

First time I see an Israeli saying nice things about France.

>go to France
>they make fun of your French if you try to speak French to them

Attached: crying yellow man.jpg (593x578, 106K)

I had this meme forced on me by French teachers in both school and uni and not once was it confirmed in reality. My parents don't even speak English that well and even they are always treated nicely.

>When I went to France and try to ask for stuff to people in English they all ignored me, but when I did it in Spanish everyone was trying to guess what was I trying to say lol

Things that did not happen

>Most country coming into France has no trouble about that
>Only the US and the UK does
Hmmmm ?

Attached: 1520766756002.jpg (960x540, 81K)

I once asked some farmer in bourgogne for directions in french and he invited me in for lunch with his family.

what now anti-french racists?

>wala
No wonder

Probs because you have a chip on your shoulder the size of a small planet.

It's only certain parts of France. There are certainly some people who are francophone elitists and do one like English speakers. The majority of people don't give a shit though, even Obsequious have this problem.

The issue is with English speakers expectations when they travel, not the other way around.

haha you haven't tried the norwegian countryside

>You have to speak slowly because no one can understand your hilly billy accent, you dunce.
How many dialects are there in Germany? You can't even understand each other half the time

>speak 7/10 french, have a good accent with it, but struggle sometimes because the French speak really fast
>they get annoyed I don't have perfect french
>talk in English to me
>my French is twice as good as their shitty English

Everyone speaks proper Hochdeutsch, though.

>they get annoyed I don't have perfect french

pretty sure it's not true. I know for a fact that no french people would expect an american to even complete a sentence in french. Anyone in Europe knows how stupid the average american is.

This is the only thing that bothers me, the people who think they're far more proficient in other languages than they really are. You get so used to putting up with their shitty, just-barely-good-enough English that it comes as a shock when they expect nothing less than perfection from you.

i like france, i wish they'd like us too

Yeah, this. It's probably because they hate Brits more than anything else.

I've good French pronunciation and while my conversational skills are limited, they do appreciate the effort and I was treated very well throughout France

French people are actually quite fond of Brits. Pretty sure France has a higher image of the UK than the brits do

Attached: 1516389738677.png (865x526, 36K)

Now fight!

Attached: 6-215-1200x650.jpg (1200x650, 184K)

what do they serve?

Attached: question.png (612x491, 98K)

wholesome

As it should be, retarded monolingual

Bratwurst obviously.

Sheperd pie avec sa fondue de poireaux
English ale with your entree, and French Wine for the main dish
English cheese before finishing with a pastry

England. Most racists are living there

Spoilers:
Israelis only speak lies

My sister went to France a while back, can confirm they will answer to Spanish.