Convince me why Norway isn't literally the best country in the world

Convince me why Norway isn't literally the best country in the world.

Attached: 500px-flag_of_norway.svg[1].jpg (1200x800, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/tons-of-arms-dumped-at-sea-1601949.html
arc2020.eu/factory-farming-made-the-baltic-sea-one-of-the-worlds-most-polluted-seas/
visitnorway.com/plan-your-trip/travel-tips-a-z/right-of-access/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dark, rainy, closed, cold, expensive, mediocre without oil

We border Russia and there's nothing but the Atlantic between us and burgers.

Extremely boring country with terrible weather 80% of the year

What about with oil?

Attached: 36da4e6cd479092dc15dcddca85aeec4.jpg (1439x1439, 229K)

flag

It's probably the best. But Switzerland is close second.

it's not Finland

How do you not get claustrophobia?

this

Expensive, boring, shit weather even compared to other Nordics since the winter is more rain than snow, shit food etc

Pretty much the same as for any Nordic country minus maybe immigration problems, more money to spend when abroad and it has better social welfare system but a lot worse economic infrastructure.

You can go to the mountains in less than one hour from any point in the country.

In the mountains the density of population is very low. You can hike and feel like you're alone in the world.

>boring
What does this even mean in context to a country

No government funded girlfriend. Shit country.

Switzerland is really nice, I visited Zermatt, Weisshorn, the Jungfrau and Zurich.

I hear it's very expensive to live there though.

lol how is Finland better than Norway?

More like "we '''''''''''''''''''''''''''border''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Russia"

meme country > non meme country

Attached: 679.jpg (693x537, 117K)

>Pretty much the same as for any Nordic country minus maybe immigration problems

seems like a big plus.

And what do you mean Norway has worse economic infrastructure?

in what way

once I tried to insult/banter some smug Norwegian brat by saying his country is boring, cold and rainy and he agreed...kek

let me tell you about Finland

Attached: 1493759605275.png (1351x840, 126K)

by the way, OP is the poverty slut from Brazil who will marry some Norwegian freak she met online

>discounter switzerland on the edge of the world with shitty weather
Hard to imagine a more boring country to live in.

Fpbp

>Hard to imagine a more boring country to live in.
imagine Germany

at least they have fucking Lebensraum unlike us

This is how I see all third world flags

Attached: 9a27340176f5412bac56ea9a28ede1db.jpg.png (400x600, 419K)

???
the fuck are you talking about Hans

>discount Switzerland

but they're not hiding money from criminals around the world like Switzerland does.

>his country is boring, cold and rainy and he agreed
lol, did you think we didn't know this?

You've clearly never been to Denmark. At least Norway has some nice nature. Denmark doesn't even have that going for them.

>but they're not hiding money from criminals around the world like Switzerland does.

Banking secret was abolished years ago.

>the fuck are you talking about Hans
a brazilian flag made a thread about Norway yesterday. she met a Norwegian online and considered moving there.

They have very few big industries compared to the other Nordic countries. Sweden and Denmark has some of the most diverse and innovative economies in the world while Norway is very far behind relying on only a few very big industries (oil, gas, shipping, fishing) which are mostly related to the country's natural resources. And we're not going to pretend they don't have immigration problems since after Sweden they have taken in the most and Oslo honestly feels like a less bad version of Malmö. The immigration problems are however on a much smaller scale and the Norwegian government are genuinely good at integrate them.

What would an Anglo know about nature?

A fair bit.

They know quite a bit

Attached: 295CAB0900000578-3111661-image-a-21_1433457759231.jpg (634x424, 133K)

OI, touché cunt!

probably no prostitutes

lol that doesn't surprise me, most women here would marry anyone to get out of the country I think. kek

I see.
Well I suppose the good thing for Norway is that oil isn't going to stop being used in a long time, so they have time to diversify their economy.

I like cold weather and rain. Cold makes you focused and strong.

I think the worst part about it is the weather, the sun and light just makes you happy.

Delete this thread we don't want attention

is Norway colder than Sweden on average?

They have already invested their oil money extremely well so even if it would become obsolete in the near future it wouldn't be the worst tragedy for them.

Pretty fun fact, Sweden were almost able to acquire ~50% of the Norwegians oil during the 70s in exchange for Sweden helping Norway diversify their economy with the help of big companies such as volvo but it was cancelled in the very last minute.

>sun and light just makes you happy.
Fucking that, You southerners cant even imaging how inspirationaling spring is.

It has Norwegians in it.

No, we are actually warmer.

Attached: nedlasting (4).jpg (258x196, 14K)

>but it was cancelled in the very last minute.

but...
why?
You'd be even richer now, lol.

can you rephrase that?

Weird, I had the impression Norway was the coldest Nordic country out there.

Well...

This is a good thing, the cold is awful

Well, the thinking is right if it hadn't been for the Gulf Stream. The sea east of Sweden is the most polluted in the world btw.

only continental parts of eastern europe and russia get really cold

>The sea east of Sweden is the most polluted in the world
Seriously? Wtf why don't I know about these things, I hate being a brainlet. I've been swimming in this sea all my life, every day during summer and fall. That would explain why I'm so fucked up, I guess Russian nuclear waste is in my bloodstream

It would probably have been a great deal for both countries since Norway would have been able to diversify their economy much sooner while Sweden would get oil money. Iirc it was actually Sweden (specifically volvo) that pulled out of the deal but I might be wrong.

Finland is the coldest on average but the coldest temperatures are found in northern central Sweden.

Not really, it's not that it's polluted but that it's over fished and overfeed making algae thrive and when they die they cover the bottom making the sea extremely poor in amount of oxygen it has. The sea itself isn't that polluted, especially if you compare it to other places on earth.

The upper Northern half of Sweden and Finland gets colder than those places aside from Russia.

Attached: t7enkdlvsz6z.png (4592x3196, 1.03M)

it is

norway is much windier than sweden which makes it feel colder

Absolute brainlets.

Attached: HIGHLANDS_697_X_448.jpg (697x448, 53K)

Not enough diversity

>14 KB, 258x196

For ants.

A little known fact is that after ww2, people were so tired of the war. so an order was given to get rid of al exessive explosives and munitions in allied countries. They were ordered to dump them far out in the sea, but because the crew didn't want to travel out with a shitload of explosives, it was dumped very close to the coast. The metal layer around the bombs have been almost completely removed now. And it is not only explosives, but gas and toxic chemicals as well.Just have a chat with some fishermen

This is all over Europe, i'm not sure what the russians did, but they weren't as "careful".
independent.co.uk/news/tons-of-arms-dumped-at-sea-1601949.html

>mediocre without oil
Those were our glory days m8

Attached: Adolph_Tidemand_&_Hans_Gude_-_Bridal_Procession_on_the_Hardangerfjord_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (1280x915, 195K)

I'm from there and moved to America

/thread

I'm not saying it isn't polluted because an inland sea with lots of countries around it obviously will make it polluted but stated it's "the most polluted sea in the world" it a gross exaggeration. Plus that's literally an ant fart compared to other ways pollution has happened in the Baltic sea. The Swedish regions are less polluted than the ones near Poland and the Baltic countries however because of strict regulation and the fact that the Baltic sea doesn't move around very much.

60$ for a pint of beer

because island

Trying to be objective here as someone who traveled Norway extensively (and loves to visit the country)

+ Stunning nature
+ Everyone is very outdoors-focused, lots of outdoor activities going on
+ Very high standard of living
+ Big comfy houses
+ Quite low income taxation for a welfare state
+ Allemannsretten
+ Most towns are beautifully situated

- Shit climate, especially on the west coast
- Very sparsely populated and pretty much nothing to do in between bigger cities
- Oslo is where most jobs will be, but it's a shit city and expensive even for Norwegian standards
- Even during summer, most cities and towns are pretty lifeless
- Norwegians can be pretty autismo and making good friends will be hard
- Not a whole lot to do and see culture-wise (this includes food)

Memes aside, for most people wanting the Scandi experience, Sweden is better to start out with and will be easier to settle in

It is one of the most. I remember taking a ferry to Finland and it is this smell, this maritime oily smell. You know the smell of Finland right?

arc2020.eu/factory-farming-made-the-baltic-sea-one-of-the-worlds-most-polluted-seas/

fucking alcohol is controlled by the government and we'll pay $50 in gas to drive to Germany just to get our beer when American uni students can just buy it underage at the gas station where the Indian dude doesnt card them, you have spoken the truth jew bro

It's actually only $11 on average for a pint.

The article doesn't really know the difference between big algae growth and actual pollution however. I already brought up the huge problem with algae and overfeeding but it's not pollution in the traditional sense. It's just making the ocean oxygen poor and sterile, not that it's any better.

Why are you making this thread every day? Can't you just visit already if you love us so much?

>mediocre without oil
We had a bigger GDP per capita than you before the oil.

Before the wars too, just to make that clear.

still unlike Sweden Norway has neven been a scientific powerhouse

Denmark is honestly best scandi country.

Better weather and more relaxed laws.

horrible tax system

Australia and New Zealand exist.

Denmark and Sweden in particular had many great scientific discoveries in a period in which Norway was a lesser partner of a union and had no science academia. Classical scientific discoveries are/seem more significant than those of today because nowadays the discoveries are drowned in the vast amount of scientific discoveries. Like what is cooler than finding a new element on the periodic table? Fuck that's awesome and Sweden is really awesome for it. Norway have no such things, and we can't puff out our chest with any such cool and classic claims. But Norway is kind of a scientific powerhouse today, relative to our size. But science today isn't what it used to be in the classical era. You publish some shit in the journals, and it's drowned in the vast amount of papers that are published everyday. And the scientific community is globalized, so most scientists have partners from other countries too, and also different teams are solving parts of the same puzzles today in different parts of the world. Who are mapping the human genom? Is it Sweden? England? Germany? Norway? America? No it's all of them. Norway missed the era in which you could have this huge discovery all by your own. Discoveries that are isolated within just one country today is extremely rare, if it even occur at all.

Why do you think that? i like the system for the most part.

>Allemannsretten

what's this?

This all sounds wonderful. Time to start learning Norwegian

you can fuck around everywhere outside which doesnt have cultivated soil

"Every mans right"

visitnorway.com/plan-your-trip/travel-tips-a-z/right-of-access/

better than shitmany for sure. but they have done the same mistakes like we did or Sweden. full of shitskins

Norway has produced the best tv series, Skam.

Why is Bosnia so cold

>Skam

Is that really good or just meme-good? I mean "S01/S02 of Skins" good

It has gay content and one of the main characters is muslim. It is definitely not a bad show if you are fine with that. Season 1 is weak but Season 2-4 are pretty good.

That would be the United States of America my macaco friend.

Attached: Flag of the United States.png (4940x2600, 233K)

what's so bad about Germany?
isn't Germany literally THE richest country in Europe? (maybe not people but the country itself)

also, infrastructure there seems fairly decent, then again I've only visited Munich, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Kiel and Dresden.

You have as many homicides as Russia don't you?
lol

hardly the best country in the world.

Also, New Canden, Detroit, Baltimore....
pls bro.

I like the USA, and there are many great things about it, but it's far from the best country in the world.

no the richest is norway unless you count microstates

Russia has 3x less population than the US, so they have 3x the homicide rate. Don't BR's take math in their "schools"?
>mentioning Camden, Detroit, and Baltimore
What do they all have in common (with your shithole included)?

>(with your shithole included)?

?
What's this supposed to even mean, you're reaching far here

>Russia has 3x less population than the US

Japan has basically the same population as Russia (only 20 mil less) and infinitely lower homicide rates.

What gives brainlet?
Are you literally that stupid or were you just pretending to be le ebic troll?

Do you think population differences aren't accounted for?

El Salvador has a population of 6 million and higher homicide rates than Brazil.

Brainfuckinglet.

Why did you mention Russia in the first place? A big country like the USA has a lot of homicides, big fucking deal. We're still safer than any country in latin America (except chile and maybe brazil)

No one talked about Brazil or Chile though, you were the one retarded enough to Claim USA was the best country in the world, and now you're comparing the USA to shithole South American countries, lmfao.

Pathetic, just ridiculous.

You come from a shithole south South American country, I thought it was safe to make the comparison. Brazil has the development of Mississippi, which is the least developed state in America. You think you have room to talk about "developed" countries?
By the way I meant Chile and URUGUAY, can't believe I fucked that up.

run by jews who are hell bent on eradicating the native population.

Yes, Norway is involved in the North Sea oil, yes/no...

boring
boring
boring

If you're from any place with a bit of cultural heritage you will die of boredom here. It's a cultural graveyard.

R-realy? :3