Is 26 too old of an age to start college in your country??

Is 26 too old of an age to start college in your country??

Asking for a friend.

Attached: 01b2d2f2b26d64d61864e67a34a2193f--great-memes-frog-meme.jpg (236x227, 12K)

There is a dude that's like 50 in one of my classes bro

Depends on you

no, but sitting in classes with 18-year-olds can get a bit annoying desu

mexico
no, my friend finished uni last year, hes 28 i think

yeah man i can imagine, how could we be that stupid at their age right??

but thats the part im worried the least desu.

It's never too late. Look there's 2 paths, the first is the one where you don't go to university, in 4 years where will you be? The second is you do go to university, where will you be?

I have a friend who's 32 and she's not the oldest in the class

not really

At 30 years old you will be in the same position as 22 year olds in terms of knowledge/opportunity.

I've been in classes with 60 year olds and it's normal.

last year in the last classes of my career there was a men near 50 years old, with a daugther in secondary school living about 2:30 of the uni and working full time.

While not optimal its very regular. Everything demands a higher education here. Unless if youre muslim or transgender.

Op here..

thanks for your opinions guys..

and what do you believe about online college??
does it worth it?

This isn't true. Mature students are actually more likely to get a job straight after, in my experience, because employers don't see them as children.

26 isn't that old, man. There'll probably be other people around your age in the class to hang around with. There'll probably also be people in their fifties and retirees doing it for fun.

Honestly nobody gives a shit user, it's college not high school.

>Mature students are actually more likely to get a job straight after, in my experience, because employers don't see them as children.
Wrong. Employers generally want younger people who are able to work longer hours, older people generally have more of a 'life' so they don't work as hard at work or make the effort to stay after hours at work. This applies to private companies by the way, probably not to government jobs.

I've had 30-40yo (and everything between that and 18) as classmates, so no.

Don't be a need, no online college, talk to people irl

>and what do you believe about online college??
No. Just no.

Also at your age, I would only recommend going to university for engineering/computer science/finance/medicine/pharmacy/law things of that caliber. If you're going for a political science degree or an arts degree or a language degree, don't bother.

Nah, get into a real uni. The second round for the UNAM exam is up right now. And the politécnico exam as well.

It's not too late, my 30 year old classmate went along with me and got hired into a much much better job than he should have been eligible for as a recent grad.

Contrary to what says employers are more likely to hire you for something with more responsibility than a fresh grad would get.

user actually a lot of people cant finish studies due to travel because of job, a lot of intrrnatonao companies do that so dont be surprisd if you find a couple of managers in your classroom, if more online colleges at least here were taken seriously it would be nice but dont.

What did he study? What is his salary?

Engineering, and I have no idea what his salary is, but he was hired on at a mid-level job in a large company.

TOO LATE

oldest person in my class is like 50 something and I have a bunch of 30-40 year olds in my program so nah.

did he have experience beforehand in the field?

Well what would you recommend instead then? Suicide?

He had a bit of experience as a tradesman, but it wasn't super relevant to what he was doing.

I mean once you are 26 you will have some experience in SOMETHING, and if you spin it well it counts.

yes

but seriously, on a more serious note, if OP has no direct responsibilities like kids and can afford to go to university and will study something that he liked that will give him a good job after go for it

No it's not, and I hope you'll make it through. Good luck.

Why are you digging in so hard? I've met plenty of mature students who got graduate jobs at 30.

I'm not him I'm

Nah, I know 40 year old that just started studying.

Sorry, man. I'm with you. You can spend four years thinking about whether or not you should have done it, only to end up realising you should have having wasted 4 years.