/flag/ + /extraflags/

Glorious /flag/ regime edition

Welcome to /flag/, a general thread to talk about things like:
Flags//Vexillology//Autism//Flag design//Symbolism//History//General comfy//:^)//, as well as flag collections and autism. Come for the flags, Stay for the autism.

Previous thread: >What are extra flags?
Extra Flags is an open-source and non-malicious plugin that adds regional flags, like states and provinces, to the already existing national flags on Jow Forums, Jow Forums and /sp/, by storing users' post number along with the selected regional flags, and retrieving it from a database when a thread is loaded. You can add your region's flag by requesting it on the GitHub page.

Get Extra Flags: flagtism.drunkensailor.org/_/articles/extraflags/

>How to install:
Chrome: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/chrome-install.webm
Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/firefox-install.webm
Opera: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/opera-install.webm
Android Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/android-firefox-install.webm

>Collecting Flags?
World template: i.imgur.com/DcBPwzx.png
Regional templates: oplk.imgur.com/
About Jow Forums's flags: i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png

Attached: what.png (681x643, 967K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/XbcRBaU.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Do you really think it is impossible for SOMEONE to even remotely enjoy the gameplay?
Yup, pretty much. Think about it this way: If you removed EVERYTHING from PP but the gameplay, would people play it because they find the gameplay mechanics enjoyable? No graphics but the paperwork, no sound, no story, no characters, no setting. Just the gameplay. The premise: You're a border guard and must check if passports are in order. That's all.

Nobody but the most autistic people would waste any time on this garbage. Let's be real here. The gameplay is horrible, but there are players who can ignore or suffer through it because they find other aspects of the game appealing.

>would you still play x game if you removed literally all the assets? didn't think so PLEB
you realize this argument works for literally every game, right? no game is ever going to function without assets and a coherent universe or playing field of some sort

what is forklift simulator for 500

I use clover

Think about it this way: If you removed EVERYTHING from PP but the gameplay, would people play it because they find the gameplay mechanics enjoyable?
...Yes?

Who the hell put you in charge of what's good and what isn't? I wouldn't expect you to have ever thought of this, but there's at least half a million sold copies of PP, and you expect me to believe not 1 person among them had an opinion that wasn't "the gameplay is garbage".

>Nobody but the most autistic people would waste any time on this garbage.
Well now you answered your own question. Unless you consider autists to be subhuman or something, but that's an argument for another day.

if people enjoy pic related then people can enjoy PP

Attached: download1.png (190x265, 12K)

>no game is ever going to function without assets and a coherent universe or playing field of some sort
Not entirely true. There are plenty of games that work without plot and characters for starters. Think racing games, strategy games or fighters, platformers. These games are CARRIED by the gameplay. Fighting games could still be enjoyable even if you turned the character models into cubes. The first Super Mario had horrible graphics but for the sake of the argument let's remove those too, imagine the game in black and white with cubes and spheres of varying shapes as character and enemy models. Red pixels for hitboxes maybe, yellow pixels for coins. At its core it would still be an enjoyable platforming game.
It doesn't work in any capacity with Papers please. Every game needs at least some sort of graphics, so let's give PP a simple UI where you can see the passport and other papers and the guidelines, and you have to examine the papers according to these guidelines. Is this good gameplay? Would you play it to relax, for fun?
Nope. It's a chore. Much like you wouldn't do paperwork irl for enjoyment.

dude

>...Yes?
No?
Nobody does paperwork for fun. PPs gameplay boils down to doing paperwork on a screen.

Except:
1. I've never heard of any adult who solves "find the difference" pictures for fun. It's enjoyable for kids, but rarely for adults, especially not for hours on end.
2. Papers Please' "Find the difference" puzzles aren't vivid imagery; you have to find differences between NUMBERS and LETTERS. Puzzle pics like the one you posted are always pictures because guess what? Comparing numbers and letters and searching for differences isn't fun for anyone.

>I've never heard of any adult who solves "find the difference" pictures for fun
I've never met someone who liked this =/= absolutely nobody likes this. Get it through your head.

>Comparing numbers and letters and searching for differences isn't fun for anyone.
I refuse to believe that if you dug deep enough, you would not find a single person who found doing just that to be fun.

Hell, I myself liked it. I really wouldn't be here if I hated the game now, would I?

i still dont understand what you guys are arguing about

>I've never met someone who liked this =/= absolutely nobody likes this
I conceded that people on the autistic spectrum might enjoy the gameplay.
The number of normal people though, who would consider doing paperwork for fun is so small that it's safe to say that PPs gameplay is [objectively] poor, because it is, in fact, doing paperwork in front of a screen. And that's my point: the gameplay in PP is bad, and it's not a matter of taste. It's even worse than "find the difference" pictures actually, and nobody but children does these for fun either.

>Hell, I myself liked it.
Sure. You may have like the game, but not the gameplay itself.

We are arguing if gameplay is always subjective or if it can be objectively bad (yes) and if the indie game Papers Please exemplifies poor gameplay design (it does).

>Sure. You may have like the game, but not the gameplay itself.
And how the fuck do you know that? Don't talk about things that you merely assume. Like I said earlier, I didn't find it amazing, but I wasn't bored to tears by it which you seem to think is the only reaction anyone can have to it or else they're lying.

I don't think you're lying. You probably found the other aspects of the game appealing enough to compensate for the poor gameplay. The gameplay is well-integrated in the setting fwiw, and that's why you found it to be less obnoxious than it actually is.

If there was a standalone game, say "Paperwork checking simulator", that consisted only of PPs gameplay you would be bored to tears by it, I assure you.

what can u say about simulator games like forklift truck simulator and such?

Listen buddy it's getting late so I'll tell you this: We can have a nice long discussion about this game when you've learned the difference between fact and opinion.

I haven't played any of these meme simulators myself, can't comment on the gameplay. They're probably better than a paperwork checking simulator though, which hasn't been made by a German developer yet, for good reason.

Attached: r9m3y6S.jpg (2252x1689, 695K)

Can gameplay be bad, by objective measures. Yes or no?

No. Gameplay quality is entirely up to the player. Something as simple and dumb as pressing a button may be stupid for you, but fun for another. Same goes for complicated, convoluted stuff.

Would you say pic related isn't objectively ugly because some people, no matter how few, might find her attractive?
It's the same with gameplay. Just because some people might enjoy some sort of gameplay it doesn't mean it isn't - for all intents and purposes - objectively bad.

Attached: beautiful.jpg (2500x1407, 1.64M)

beauty is subjective

No it's not.
I'm an ugly motherfucker, objectively speaking.

Attached: 1406850875490.jpg (908x714, 99K)

good movie mate

i love flags and you're all stupid niggers

Attached: USCounties2.png (6472x4400, 1.43M)

It's okay, user, I'm sure you'll find the ugly girl of your dreams someday. In the meantime, please don't take your anger out on fun little indie games.

Attached: file.png (841x730, 118K)

someone stole me fockin flag

congrats you found a tor node that isn't banned

have never used tor to post on Jow Forums in my life la

Stop lying to me ALIEN !

I'm perfectly calm. You guys seemed pretty upset though, lots of swearing in your posts.

Also I won't seltte for any less than a 2D girl.

sure

I've got no reason to lie

Attached: file.png (502x341, 304K)

I've got no reason to live

Attached: 1522884667684.jpg (418x455, 11K)

"(

Yeah

There is no such thing as objectively good gameplay because gameplay is ultimately judged on the subjective experiences of enjoyment from various people derived from said gameplay.

Given that objectivity is defined as judgment not influenced by personal feelings or opinions, and given that gameplay is ultimately judged based on a subjective thing like enjoyment, gameplay cannot be objectively bad unless the game fails to perform actions inputted.

Your argument here is poor.

Beauty is subjective, however, as with gameplay, beauty conforms to a set of socially acceptable standards or common practices. There is an attempt to appeal to what the majority of people like.

For example, as a player of RPGs, I didn't like Xenosaga's gameplay because I felt it was too complex. I didn't garner much enjoyment out of it and I know many who feel the same way (the game is not a blockbuster, which further supports this idea). It doesn't appeal to the majority of people. This doesn't mean the gameplay is objectively bad just as the woman in the picture isn't objectively ugly. It's just unpopular.

good mornin

Supreme
Box
Logo

fucking gay faggot nigger who the fuck argues over a game

hand over your rares

i dont think you know how this works

cape verde bump

bump

sabaru

sabaru

libya bump

Woah page 9

woah page 9 again

Posting the new template again. One of these days.
i.imgur.com/XbcRBaU.png

Soon

Woah page 9

Deathkamp Drone

woah page 9

woah woah

this

yuh

Bumpan
nice flags

woah page 9

Hi again

Martinique
Enjoy.

Henlo

nice try m8

thanks man, was missing a few

Attached: collection.png (3039x1941, 267K)

holy fuck

*bullyhunts u*

suriname 4 u

touching my wiener without any sexual intent rn

I have a treat for you boys, Oklahoma flag.

Can Jow Forums flags not be saved?

Come back when you have a county

I can't remember: is it a Slovakian or Slovenian user that has installed extraflags?

slovenia, because you can't place them.

Hello.
You can participate too

Attached: ag.gif (16x11, 353)

Alright who did it?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-12 21-45-17.png (1803x136, 22K)

Nope, still broken.

is he wrong though

>saving anything from bant

>glad I left
>>left
lol
legitimately not worth giving him attention in that thread

>is he wrong though

it's pretty obvious it's his trademark "here's a string of things that are completely retarded, please say something to me" post
>Paper Planes
>retarded mutt from a state with a higher non-white population than mine
>"I left' when he got kicked out
>complaining "wahhh" this hard in another thread
it's the average sonoma post, he's either up to his usual shenanigans or legitimately unleashed the full capacity of his autism into a thread where no one cares about him for one (You)
either way it's worth a giggle and not much more

well, I don't think anyone is "obsessed" with the pokemon game. it has it's own separate discord. Also we discuss a lot of political stuff, like niggers and chinks ruining our countries, along with Syria and President Trump's antics.

I don't understand the rest of it though, about paper planes and all that

I am sick of filling out captchas so I do not post often. I mostly stick around adding and making new extraflags and keeping the server tidy now that PK has been black-bagged by the DPRK

Don't forget the muslims!

test

checked. Good flags!

why so many Ontario anons. We need more west coast love :(

Attached: 1501183093606.png (720x1180, 182K)

this expands my penis

Attached: loud house luna woah.jpg (249x250, 25K)

Isn't the ontario flag just wonderful?

dubs confirm red ensign is best

Attached: irlflag.jpg (3264x2448, 2.09M)

I move between Durant/Stillwater. So I don't really want to put a county.

B U M P
U
M
P

Overslept

What???? Are you mad? Post the counties at least once! Do not forget those you traverse

Post your desktops or mobile homescreens

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-13 02-29-56.png (1920x1080, 523K)

My mobile

Attached: Screenshot_20180413-023126.png (1440x2560, 2.38M)

Checked

>He still has jewgle play installed

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-13-08-50-10.png (720x1280, 1.01M)

I'm full FOSS, it's just Yalp Store with a Play Store icon because I don't like Yalp's. I don't even have any Google services actually, been ungoogled for a couple months now and I'm loving it. Phone speed and battery is a lot better now (Lineage OS on LG V20), not to mention privacy of course. Pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180413-025923.png (1440x2560, 162K)