Serious question: what is the difference between Malaysians and Indonesians?

Serious question: what is the difference between Malaysians and Indonesians?

Attached: IMG_6828.jpg (682x1023, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawi_script
themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/archaeologists-search-for-a-king-in-sungai-batu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Malay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only difference is that they were colonized by different countries.

Also, Java has more stong Hindu cultural roots than the Malay peninsula. Bhasa Indonesia and Bhasa Melayu is basically the same except Indonesian uses Sanskrit loans and Malaysian uses Arabic loans. Kinda like Urdu and Hindi.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Pic related is ideal ASEAN with no colonial influences

Attached: 1498488763802.jpg (684x1034, 576K)

Malaysians are mostly Malays who speak Malay plus the Chinks and Pajeets brought by the bongs to be workers.
Indonesians are almost entirely non-Malay Javanese and Sundanese who speak a form of Malay.

Both have ooga boogas, worship white people, and are manlets

Attached: asean height.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

Not very accurate but good try. Malaysia Indonesia is probably like Portugal Spain linguistically. Both have lots Sanskrit and Arabic loan words. We originally differ in spelling. Indons used Dutch conventions while we used British. In the 60's or 70's can't remember, all the Malay speaking nations sat down and rationalised and standardised the spelling. This is called the Perfected Spelling. Since then we started to diverge again. Malaysia is conservative, similar to French in taking Western loan words while Indons are more casual about it. Indons and Malaysians can understand each other when speaking standard but can't do so when speaking casually or with dialects.

Tributaries for the neo-Chinese empire no colonial influences.

Why did Malaysia abandon Aksara kawi?

Attached: Copy_of_a_stone_stele_written_in_Kawi_script.jpg (2512x1752, 740K)

>ooga boogas, worship white people
We have very few niggers and we are indifferent to whiteys. Don't get me wrong. We are friendly to visitors but are proud of our independence while at the same time maintaining friendship with our Commonwealth bros. I take it you're a Frenchcanuck for your hostile attitude.

We don't. We still use it but mostly for religous stuff. I can read and write Jawi fine. In many Malaysian states, kids go to religous school after secular school. There we learn Jawi and Arabic. I have forgotten my Arabic though.

Ooga boogas meant indigenous tribals

Attached: orangutan.webm (1052x1052, 1.89M)

>be south-east Asian-nigger
>have to learn vile Arabic language of terrorism
life must truly be suffering

Whoops. Sorry, I thought you meant Jawi which is Arabic+persian script.

Eh. Arabic is overrated I agree. But the reason why there's terrorist is because they don't know Arabic. The Quran is in Arabic. Those who don't know it, can be easily fooled.

I see. Sorry if I thought you were hostile then. You do have first nations too. So.

My theory is that after Chola and Majapahit attack that destroyed Srivijaya, we don't want anything to do with Hindu anymore. No brotherhood, only backstabbing. Even the northern Malay Buddhist kingdom keep being attacked by Buddhist Thai too.

I said Aksara KAWI, not Jawi. Jawi is f*cking Arab*c. Kawai was used to write Old Malay and used heavy Sanskrit (similar to Thai and Khmer etc)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawi_script

I thought SriVijaya was Buddhist, not Hindu?

Yes noted. Probably because the mass conversion to Islam where we adopted Jawi.

Hindu. There were no Buddhist majority nations below Siam if I am not mistaken.

It was both. Religions were fluid. Like Angkor Wat used to be Hindu temple before Buddhist. And I couldn't think of any Buddhist remnants in Malay societies nowadays but Hindus remnants are plentiful.

This Buddhist Pagoda in Chaiya, Thailand was build by Srivijaya

Attached: Borom_That_Chaiya.jpg (480x820, 41K)

The ancient Kedah civ was Hindu too right. Even when they bordered Siam.

A similar thing happened in India itself. Muslim conquerors destroyed sanghas and Buddhist institutions, and Hindus incorporated the more popular ideas from Buddhism, reducing its appeal. Attacked from both sides it pretty much died out

both are meme countries filled with different ethnic groups and have arbitrary borders drawn up by the British and the Dutch

Thailand is Buddhist. I have to find my old history books again to check about Sri Vijaya. In any case, most of the reguon were syncretic, even after adopting Islam. Even today, people regularly go see witch doctors.

>Even today, people regularly go see witch doctors.
Haram!

They were not arbitary. They follow the borders of the various Sultanates and Kingdoms. Of course, Indons were under the Dutch and we under the Brits but it was the other way around initially! The change happened during the Napoleonic Wars.

really? that's interesting

I actually don't know too much about you lads despite how close you are to us

Why don't Malaysia and Indonesia unite to form a single superpower? Combine Malaysia's economy with Indonesia's huge population.

Both speak same language and from what you describe, Indonesia is already diverse and muttified

why don't we unite with new zealand?
why doesn't canada unite with USA?
why doesn't germany unite with austria and switzerland?
why doesn't belgium rejoin france and the netherlands?

How is the dharmic history handled in school and media?
You werent like the arabs or northern euros were its some polytheist tribes remaining static and relativly unknown for a long time until conversion to the faith starts the recorded, civilised history of the country and people.
Youre a bit more like italians in that regard were you have plenty of recorded history before the conversion that doesnt has to hide itself.
Do people relate in some way to that time be it out of nationalist or romantic reasons, is it handled with indifference or does it get supressed because it makes religious people uneasy?

Srivijaya was a Malay kingdom

I know but your question is about Malaysia (I assume Peninsular Malaysia). 1000 years ago Malays mainly live in Southern Thailand (Langkasuka, Srivijaya, Pattani, Kedah) and Sumatera (Srivijaya). Both of these lands are fertile. Peninsular Malaysia was scarcely populated by the aborigines. Therefore you won't find any historical buildings in let say, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur.

After the fell of Srivijaya, the Srivijayan prince retreated to Peninsular Malaysia and established the Malaccan Sultanate. It coincides with the arrival of Islam so we adopted them and the writing. Indonesia still retained the kawi writing in some places because they have them for a long time and there is structure while in Peninsular Malaysia we started from scratch.

Malays and Javanese are long time rival. Malays with Srivijaya and Javanese with Majapahit. If Malaysia combine with Indonesia it means that we submit to Javanese and we're gonna lose our voice since they're far far more numerous.

>why don't we unite with new zealand?

Because they voted against federations with us in 1901. And since then we have made free-trade and free-travel agreements making a formal union unecessary
>why doesn't canada unite with USA?
Because Canada is part of the British monarchy; if it ever became a republic it would likely end up joining
>why doesn't germany unite with austria and switzerland?
They tried in 1938 but since then the world won't let them because its associated with Nazism
>why doesn't belgium rejoin france and the netherlands?
Because Belgium has their own royal family that would he reluctant to relinquish power

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

>Srivijayan prince retreated to Peninsular Malaysia and established the Malaccan Sultanate
So he was a traitor of Asian race -_-

Do Malays even care about Srivijaya? I would have thought they care more about the Islamic sultanate like Malacca and see themselves as direct descendants of those civilisations, rather than Buddhist or Hindu civilisations.

>aborigines
are we talking australoids like the abos and papuans?

Malacca is neat though

Attached: IMG_6831.png (537x274, 3K)

There are many young activists/writers who start to write about the old kingdoms. The problem is lack of recorded local history (unlike what you said) and most of the sources that we get are from cross checking references with Khmer, Indian and China records. As I said here most of the historical sites are in Thailand or Indonesia. Indonesia views us as thief trying to steal their culture when we talk about Malays in Indonesia. That's the problem.

Another problem is lack of funding and interest by the government and the people. In the past few years we uncovered the oldest civilisation in Southeast Asia here, dated 2500 years ago. You can read more here themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/archaeologists-search-for-a-king-in-sungai-batu

Malacca is studied most because we have lots of sources and also it marked the birth of Malay literature, For others, we just don't have enough sources to study.

Attached: kedahtyuac0906.jpg (620x429, 64K)

I think even Thais are more interested in Srivijaya
t. Thai person

Wtf is this flag? There were no Turks in sea

Oh I thought they were literate before conversion. Was there a purge of records or is there another reason for it like just a tiny upperclass being literate?
But is that there is an interest now.
> lack of funding
Well you got other problems and appreciation of history for its own sake is a luxury I guess.

*but is nice

Some are Negritos/Australoids while some are Proto Malays. Modern Malays are Deutero Malays.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Malay

Many Proto-Malays and sea gypsies are already assimilated with Malays.

Attached: deutero malays.png (1070x188, 87K)

>Both speak same language
If you think Dutch and Germany are the same language then sure, bahasa and BM are the same language.

Attached: 1521377107454.jpg (570x484, 162K)

I can think some reasons
>ancient buildings (prasasti/stele, monument, candi/temple, etc) were buried and not found yet
>the document papers were aged (we lived in humid area after all)
>the documents were stolen by colonialism and somehow lost in sea or maybe on their countries now

>colonialism
colonialists*