How does the Russian language sound for you?

How does the Russian language sound for you?
Is it ugly or beautiful? Harsh or soft?

Attached: cyrillic.jpg (426x411, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learnrussian.rt.com/tests/test-1/
vocaroo.com/i/s0jBcTbfdgC6
youtube.com/watch?v=GbP2TOsqDts
youtube.com/watch?v=1X-A8SOGioE
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cough
wooordhunt.ru/word/anxious
dictionary.com/browse/cough
dictionary.com/browse/anxious
vocaroo.com/i/s06mjsVxH1D9
vocaroo.com/i/s15zpLmcDUX0
youtube.com/watch?v=LavZw6cP02k
youtube.com/watch?v=RW3ItR4LPMY
youtube.com/watch?v=59aeb6oNzdk
youtube.com/watch?v=eLkbu3LgBT4
youtu.be/j3FXV0Ma3QA
youtu.be/cVjl2dhMXc8
youtu.be/yKT_euhimTk
youtu.be/gofUtkeGHJc
vocaroo.com/i/s0rqqLuzDcBg
vocaroo.com/i/s0wjd3N4tTWZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a lovely language to hear people curse in desu

not bad but sometimes it sounds retarded

Depends on the speaker. Usually pretty soft.

Attached: id76288-previewImage-76286-50.jpg (940x529, 64K)

It is like a melody I personally like it. However, it is associated with peasants (no offence) because most Polish people who lived in the East and moved to Western parts of the country were mainly from small villages. They have this east slavic accent which I love, but most associate it with Russia.

I laugh when Latti try to speak Russian.
The accent is hideous.. very choppy and harsh.

Difficult pronunciation version of Spanish

I like when Estonians try to speak Russian. Their accent sounds like an elven accent.

It's surprisingly very soft. My aunt is learning Russian and had some difficulties with pronunciation because of that.

Lovely and comfy best language desu

It's quite feminine and soft, but can be hard too.
And it has best words for speaking your emotions.

Russian is my favorite language
I love it especially when men speak it

I love listening Russia's song, the best for me is Kalinka and Katyusha

too soft

overall a bit soft even if some word sound pretty harsh but still pretty strange at my ears since i'm not used to it at all

Confusingly familiar.

gayyy

>Kalinka and Katyusha
Both are songs about russian whores who cheated on their boyfriends when the boyfriends left for war.

It's my favorite sounding language aside from German

GET IN MY LEVEL!
learnrussian.rt.com/tests/test-1/

Attached: MY_LEVEL.png (833x524, 73K)

Nobody says B кoмпьютepe

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-04-12-10-52-48.png (699x395, 48K)

I like their accent but the language itself is ugly desu. Not harsh, just unappealing.

> The poles in 'ere love Russian
> The "japanese" in 'ere love Russian
> People call Russian a soft language

WHAT is going ON!?!?!?!?!

Attached: advanced_notunderstanding.gif (512x481, 646K)

Some people do.

Attached: 100.png (534x304, 38K)

It sounds like suka jebani

You're trapped in a parallel universe.

From a native's perspective: Not ugly, coulda been worse, but certainly it isn't beautiful. Very comfy to speak, the amount of cursewords and the syntaxys of the language are very comfy too, new words are easily formed and can be adopted in the language. Very rich phonetically, so it's not a problem learning other languages (most Russians suck at pronounciation of foreign languages either because they're shy, lazy pieces of shit or/and because their education is shit).

Overall I'd give it a 85/100

Attached: Carl.jpg (400x300, 34K)

>Very rich phonetically, so it's not a problem learning other languages
Not true.
Most people here fail to pronounce words like "tooTH", "coUGH" or "AnXIOUs" properly because those sounds don't even exist in russian, even after years of practice they pronounce them wrong. After you reach certain age it's really hard to master new sounds.
Not to mention faggy french or idiotic german sounds.

UGH is just Ф, XIOU is just КШ, TH is nonexistant in most languages actually.

vocaroo.com/i/s0jBcTbfdgC6

Also this

No, not even close. This is how you learned it (and most people do in this country) but it's a wrong pronunciation.

I wish for Russian to be my fourth laguage one day but I am still working on my jap talk first.

fuck no whenever i see these subhumans use latin alphabet to simulate their disgusting script i want to punch something
bekaPb)))))

What I like about the language is that it's very clear and easy to understand. Everyone speaks standard Russian, it doesn't matter where you are in the country, if you understand Russian you won't have any difficulties in understanding the locals (except for some Caucasians maybe, but it's because Russian is often not their mother tongue).

It's different for people who learn English or German. Like I cannot understand people from Scotland or Nothern England because of their weird pid mumble accents. Same with people from Swabia or Bavaria

I've actually spoken a lot with natives and thus was exactly how they pronounced it

Very beautiful, and pretty soft. For me it sounds a lot like a "female language" if that makes sense, even if it is often associated with the opposit, having drunk russian bydlos in mind.

Poċemu vy tak sċitaete, tovariŝ?

It is tho, I've spoken to lots of Americans and they said my pronounciation was alright. Of course you'd never sound like a true native, sounding like a native isn't just "pronouncing sounds", there's much more to it (intonation etc. I know from personal experience with many languages, the tonality of one's voice changes according to the language they're currently speaking, otherwise they'd sound like retards)

Dude, I was a latinboo. But it's impossible to change alphabet without changing a language.

It's literally easier to learn Polish, I also speak it i czekam na twoje pytania, chociaż już kilka razy to pisałem

Baltic accent sounds very good, without a joking.

youtube.com/watch?v=GbP2TOsqDts - half Lithuanian half Russian

I meant the singer, song is in Russian only.

youtube.com/watch?v=1X-A8SOGioE - in Luthuanian

This guys doesn't have an accent tho. I've heard Lithuanians with real accents, they're much thiccer

Attached: tsiiki briiki.jpg (184x184, 8K)

>No, not even close.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cough

ugh = ф

It sounds beautiful when speaks properly but when a gopnik speaks russki it sounds like a talking bear

>UGH is just Ф, XIOU is just КШ
Sorry, but you’re wrong.

>No, not even close.
wooordhunt.ru/word/anxious
> t. wannabe linguist is talking out if his ass.

cough -> /kɒf/ (notice the f at the end?)
dictionary.com/browse/cough
anxious -> /ˈaŋ(k)ʃəs/ (ʃ is the IPA symbol for the "sh" sound)
dictionary.com/browse/anxious

Sorry, but the Russian friend was correct. It might not be the right pronunciation for your particular accent, but the universal pronunciations are the aforementioned

vocaroo.com/i/s06mjsVxH1D9 /ˈaŋ(k)ʃəs/
vocaroo.com/i/s15zpLmcDUX0 /kɒf/

Attached: hachikuji.png (593x515, 167K)

drop the proxy

I'm pretty sure that's definitely correct. Are you sure the vowel isn't the problem(at least with cough)?

>sorry, but you're wrong

Attached: C453BA3A-284F-40D0-8622-43FA5336C497-23175-000026DAFACF2937.jpg (720x736, 94K)

Actually, I'll admit that Russian /ɕ/ is slightly different than the english sh. One of the most obvious differences is that sh is produced with the tip of the tongue, while the russian sound is produced with the blade of the tongue, which also causes its articulation to cover a slightly different area. But I doubt that's what you going for, and most people wouldn't notice, especially in a consonant cluster like this is.

I need opinion about this from native english speaker pls.
youtube.com/watch?v=LavZw6cP02k

>One of the most obvious differences is that sh is produced with the tip of the tongue, while the russian sound is produced with the blade of the tongue,
huh?
I can't tell a difference between russan "sh" and english "sh" sounds.
I googled on that topic and it turns out my "sh" is actually an english one. lol

You're a fake country with a fake history.

>I can't tell a difference between russan "sh" and english "sh" sounds.
This
Щ anglo as fuck. Like "инг" ending in russian words.

it sounds and looks beautiful. I always use to think it was a harsh sounding language but it sounds very fluid, kind of like a soft trickling of a creek lightly splashing over some rocks :)

Very interesting :)
youtube.com/watch?v=RW3ItR4LPMY

The more I try to abstract from russian language, the funnier it seems to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=59aeb6oNzdk

/ɕ/ is the voiceless alveolo-palatal fricative and it's represented by "щ" in Russian (basically шь)
/ʂ/ is the voiceless retroflex fricative and it's allophonic to /ʃ/ (the so called English "sh") in many cases, it's written like ш. I guess that's the letter you were looking for

Attached: 1519039545810.jpg (400x387, 14K)

Or rather, the SOUND you were looking for.

Cильный клип, жaль мyзыкa cтpёмнaя кaкaя-тo, coбcнa, этo дaжe нe пocчитaeшь зa витч хayc, нaвepн

Hy хyй eгo знaeт. Кaк пo мнe звyчит oчeнь интepecнo.

Aльco пoп нa зaпaдe cильнo oтличaeтcя oт нaшeгo, oтeчecтвeннoгo?
youtube.com/watch?v=eLkbu3LgBT4

Hy вoт тeбe нeмнoгo Итaльянcкoгo кaлa:
youtu.be/j3FXV0Ma3QA
youtu.be/cVjl2dhMXc8
youtu.be/yKT_euhimTk
youtu.be/gofUtkeGHJc

Пocлeднee paзвe чтo бoлee мeнee нopм

it's cute as fuck desu desu

Кaкoe жe дepьмo.

Гoвopил жe

vocaroo.com/i/s0rqqLuzDcBg
Are Russian accents in Swedish cute too?

you sound like you try too hard to be cute

I try to remain silent so that me mum doesn't hear me and outright disown me

the absolute state of you

ikr

Attached: born to feel.png (208x242, 8K)

Here's a better ver., feel like my Swedish rustied a bit but the overall song quality is better
vocaroo.com/i/s0wjd3N4tTWZ

formal Russian is God-tier but cyka blyat can be unpleasant

> formal Russian
There isn't even a proper formal form of Russian, the colloquial speech is basically the standard seen in every book

>they're shy, lazy pieces of shit or/and because their education is shit

all three here ayyy

>most Russians suck at pronounciation of foreign languages either because they're shy, lazy pieces of shit or/and because their education is shit
Most Russians literally has no need to learn English. Like no need at all.
We are not working closely with the US/UK, most if not all exUSSR countries are still using Russian as ligua franca, people in most neighbor countries do speak Russian, everything that's being imported to russia comes with Russian manuals or is translated to Russian language.
So why would a russian NEED to learn English?

He has, but it sounds like a regional kind of native accent, not like a foreigner's.

Yeah more like that

But English has lots of uses user, some of which are 1) watching, listening to stuff in the original language 2) reading stuff in the original language 3) possibility of finding a decent job indahouse or even abroad 4) FLEX FLEX FLEX