Lolland Island is the 4th-largest in Denmark. It is a flat, pleasant place with beaches, farms, and small towns...

Lolland Island is the 4th-largest in Denmark. It is a flat, pleasant place with beaches, farms, and small towns. But it only has 60,000 people for over 1,200 square km. Population has been declining since the peak of 87,000 all the way back in the 1930's. Why don't people want to live on Lolland? Why are people moving away?

Attached: Location.jpg (1200x967, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jMKde0BkNO4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it gay lol

Europeans breed below the replacement rate and prefer having jobs in cities.
Colour me suprised.

Lolland has a city, though.

Attached: NAKSKOV[1].jpg (1754x1165, 506K)

Very pleasant landscape:

Attached: Aerial.jpg (4288x2848, 1.28M)

No work. No women.

not as much to do, not as many opportunities

Lol land :D

They go to Småland

ser mycket
F L A T
ut

I am a cute Asian girl
I want to co to Scandinavia and find a tall blonde boyfriend

Attached: IMG_1033.jpg (1280x1280, 289K)

a bigger part of the population lives of the government than in other parts of Denmark, its been a very abandoned part of the country. In denmark we call this the rotten banana because these regions have been hit the hardest by centralization. Its tragic because we are such a small country but the development of urban areas (especially Copenhagen) has killed of every opportunity for a good education, healthcare or law enforcement in those regions.

Attached: denrådnebanan.jpg (780x439, 52K)

Disgusting.

Yuck

I live there, it's a shithole full of inbred subhumans. Most retarded people in the country, lowest average exam scores and highest amount of welfare recipients.

whats wrong with the picture? Do you get sick when you get close to sea-level or what is going on?

this vid provides a small window into their existance
youtube.com/watch?v=jMKde0BkNO4

Comfy. Reminds me of my native Bretagne

It's all flat, cultivated land. It's a poor excuse for nature that has been turned into a factory.

Ignoring previous posts.

Lolland is a windswept flatland. The soil is very poor, compared to other Danish areas, it contains a lot of sand. This is all due to the late ice age. This was a problem even hundreds of years ago, as not a lot of Danes wanted to live there. So even way back, Polish and some German migrants was encouraged to settle there. The Polish continued into the early 20th century.

Today, it's still a rural and windy place, even windy for Danish standards, and it lacks good infrastructure. It has a motorway a some railways, so in American eyes it probably would be nicely supported by infrastructure, but not in Danish. Thus, over the last 100 years, Falster and Lolland has been diverted further into a poorer region, with a less educated population. It still has a lot of options, that many other countries would lack in the outer provinces, but not as good as most other regions of Denmark.

I wouldn't move there too. It's a semi-redneck area, with a stigma attached to it.

Some pics of Denmark remind me of American midwest

When you operate on fertile soil with very limited space and pretty much no natural resources at all, you don't really have a choice but to do this.

Btw, i've been there a lot. Both through my teens (cheap girls, that saw me as a educated cultured foreigner, lol) and i'm from a aristocratic family, that still has a major estate and lands.

My family history is actually immigration as well, there wasn't a lot of Nobles on Lolland, and as my forefathers fled France centuries ago, it was a cheap place to buy enough land to restart a upper class life.

its a pretty important factory. Denmark has always been one of the breadbaskets of Europe all the way from the Viking Age to now.

It's the same everywhere due to neoliberal economic policies that drain any areas outside of the centralised few of anyone who doesn't own land or is willing to live off the government.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have cultivated the land, I just don't like the look of it.

>mfw your fellow "countrymen" constantly give you more reasons to hate them

really wish you'd just donate skåne to denmark so we wouldn't have to put up with your shit

Attached: 1469030553201.jpg (250x241, 6K)

You get used to it I suppose.

great deal for denmark, they get skåningar and half of africa

We would love to give Skåne away, but I don't think anyone would accept it.

Rising sea level will sort out that eye sore pretty soon.

t. Archduke of Lolland

Sounds similar to what's happening to our Great Plains. The agricultural economy simply doesn't need as many workers as it used to.

in4 "STUPID SHITSKIN AMERIMUTT SPIGNIGGER GOBLIN, WE'RE NOTHING LIKE YOU!"

>that many other countries would lack in the outer provinces

it's only 100km away from your capital, how could it be a outer province/region?

Good post

Looks like a nice place.
For me to invade.

Attached: 121909-82b571fc6d4b4b1b9c41d04f74da1840[1].jpg (951x1134, 1.22M)

No such thing.

Boring small town

Boring farmland

Have you noticed the size of denmark?