/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord. If anyone posts in the thread about any groups outside /vg/, official or otherwise, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 12th of April:
627 – King Edwin of Northumbria was converted to Christianity by Bishop Paulinus of York, who had previously saved his life.
1807 – The Froberg mutiny at Fort Ricasoli in Malta came to a close when the rebels blew up 600 barrels of gunpowder and escaped, although they were later caught.
1861 – Confederate forces began firing at Fort Sumter in the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina, starting the American Civil War.
1910 – SMS Zrínyi, one of the last pre-dreadnoughts built by the Austro-Hungarian Navy, was launched.
1994 – Husband-and-wife law partners Laurence Canter and Martha Siegel posted the first massive commercial spam on Usenet.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
EU4 DD 27/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1084305

CK2 DD 9/04
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-81-cleaning-up-the-map.1087927/

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Previous Thread:

Attached: 22B1CFC4-E1D2-4910-8439-3D7DC82296B2.jpg (2000x3525, 1.15M)

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

is there a good eu4 to vic 2 converter mod and how does it work

>tfw brainlet and cant into grand strategy

Attached: m.png (1127x685, 37K)

THIS is what I've been waiting for.
>inb4 it gets deleted

Attached: Ottoman Empire and it's spheres_1919.6.9_2.jpg (5616x2160, 857K)

Lad, just use Google seriously.
I've managed to convert EU3 to Vic2 so you shouldn't have any trouble converting the latest game.

w&b

how do i into vicky2

>w&b
I don't get it.

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 56K)

h-hi

Just fire it up pick some big power and start messing about. You will pick it up.

/gsg/ is Jow Forums related and Jow Forums approved.

Stellaris with full DLC has more depth than any of this pseudo-historical garbo

start with the pops

@88197624
hello Johan, enjoying your time off work?

I've almost finished North America. I get really autistic about demographics in this game, like how Slovenes begin to disappear, not enough Amhara/Tigray in east Africa, Yankee overtaking Dixie states before the civil war even begins, Alaska becoming 90% Russian by 1850, etc.
none of this is realistic. But I've ascended beyond realism and now this is pure fantasy, ever since Texas became Albanian

Attached: Screenshot (182).png (1722x952, 2.25M)

>like how Slovenes begin to disappear
Tell me about it. It hurts every time I see it.

>not murdering every it*Lian you see and taking back your rightful clay

Nobody cares about my game?

Are we still speaking of the virtual world?

how'd you get your screenshot to look like that? is it a screenshot from the game? Mine shows all the countries colored in

Shift + F12, my friend.

oh

Cute, but you've gotta clean up those borders

Well I know that one exists but I don't know its details

I've literally not fired a single war for like a century and most of my land past the Maginot line has been conquered by my vassals, kek. Let's say this went into EU4, which lands would I release?

why no colonies?

Converters are all horrible, it's better to do it manually.

Attached: 1510982700880.png (528x592, 395K)

forgot to put image

also, converter adds in dynasties, claims etc etc although I hate the color scheme of countries

Attached: file.png (1360x768, 1.94M)

spoiler that shit

Attached: 1501434469843.jpg (740x737, 120K)

Well this is in 1836, the game's end
I put South Africa's cultures as Boer and Zulu in the beginning, and they ended up dominating the late game. I barely managed to colonize anything despite being surrounded by unclaimed land. Caucasia ended up fucking poor Azerbaijan for most of the game until it couldn't walk anymore :( I counted at least 9 wars between them over Chechnya and Dagestan

aaand I forgot the image

Attached: Zambia.png (5616x2160, 337K)

uninstall.exe works well

You're lucky I'm at work and don't have my folder of chinlets

lol I was expecting you

bump

bump

bump

bump

this shithole has no spoilers

Attached: 1520276329949.jpg (1328x4472, 1.2M)

There you are

can someone post the based grobsdeutsches germaniums version

Attached: 1518962256184.jpg (1830x3212, 1.5M)

Attached: grossegermamiumsluvur1488.png (534x664, 533K)

Is this canon

Attached: chin qing von habsburg.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

hi frens

i am trying to mod a province event but i am too stupid to do it. I want the ai of a colonial nation to change it's ai chance factor if its colonial overlord has innovativeness and constitution ideas. here is code

ai_chance = {
factor = 100
modifier = {
colonial_parent = {
constitution_ideas = 7
innovativeness_ideas = 7
}
factor = 0
}
}
and for the second choice
ai_chance = {
factor = 0
modifier = {
colonial_parent = {
constitution_ideas = 7
innovativeness_ideas = 7
}
factor = 100
}
}
please help frens it feels bad being too stupid to get this to work. This is in eu4 btw

Attached: 1514171403377.png (821x869, 36K)

>playing extended timeline in EU4
>all of Europe are tribals, steppe nomads, or a caliphate at some points in history

Attached: 1519866180065.jpg (449x449, 37K)

Any Stellaris lads out there?

Britain conquered Gibraltar and I instantly threatened them for it
Also, anybody else autistically rename all their provinces?
If I can't find a Roman or Greek name for a province, I rename the province and city after a general, adviser, my ruler, my consort, or my heir

Attached: 20180412234545_1.jpg (1920x1080, 602K)

What's with all the autistic memes in this place? I posted a game with Germany yesterday and I got swarmed by "HAHAHA GROßGERMANIUM XDDD" posts. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT A NEW PLAYER TO POST YOU FUCKING AUTISTS??

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Attached: 1485998682314.png (1328x4426, 2.61M)

painfully unfunny

hello commie

Oh no...

me

>hello commie

Attached: generic white person.jpg (900x1200, 111K)

oh come on, at least use a good steppie image

*doesn't*
what now huh

based

quick query lad how do you feel about brazilian modders restricting megali memery

agree, praise kek

Attached: grossgermanium.jpg (640x480, 18K)

>mfw I fail to get ck2's dwarf fortess achievement because everyone dies in the game so quickly

Attached: 1517377988109.gif (310x174, 1.95M)

Build Factories. Influence Minors. Thats it.

One of the worst /gsg/ memes ive ever seen

Reed here. You may kiss my ring in homage to your liege.
t. Reed

>this fucking thread

You forgot:

Start as uncivilized minior.

treed

Hellooooooooooooooooooo alex!\

t. Reed

Reed here, reminder to report shitposting!

You can tell this isn't me because he didn't treed.

t. Reed

don't treed on me

based and white

good lad always on watch

Anyone here need an invite to Reedcord

t. Reed

so it's a faithful companion to the grossgermanium images

My problem with gsg is as follows

1. HOI4 legit sucks
2. Vicky is ULTRA repetitive and you can only do so many games since its basically the same shit over and over
3. CK2 requires a certain niche and if you don't meet it, not gonna be very enjoyable
4. EU4 is just a simple game with no real depth, numbers, strategy (other than gaming the AI)
5. Darkest Hour is very dated

That's what turned me off to gsg. After dumping in so many hours you realize there's really no selection. It's either Darkest Hour or another cookie cutter V2 play through. I guess if CK2 is your cup of tea it may be fun for a while but i couldn't get into it.

hoi 3 was a pretty good base and it's a shame paradox essentially abandoned it (similarly with vicky ii)

Agreed, i tried HOI3 but to be completely honest I think i'm too much of a brainlet for it. The map and interface felt great tho.

HoI3 is great but it's very limited regarding the economy, politics and diplomacy

it's limited in any non-directly war related aspect, but once you grasp the organizational system, get used to the amount of tiles, and the supply systems feels a bit more unforgiving than HoI 2; it's hard to go back to HoI 2/DH

still feels like paradox abandoned it and it was never quite finished

>Hoi4 legit sucks
Wrong. Can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success? It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from all the archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour, and also much easier to get into then HoI3. Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3? Not to mention that, rather than needing to tediously micromanage industry like in other HoI games, HoI4's industry is both streamlined as well as more intuitive than the previous games. Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point? Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start? Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success. Sure, Mosley ruling Britain never could have happened in reality, but it's fun to have the ability to easily do so in video game form.
Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics. Of COURSE the game is different - HoI3 already exists, there would be no point to making the same game again! HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.

are you sixteen or something? HoI 3 was never that widely played and HoI 4 is almost always compared to darkest hour and hoi 2

yeah I wish DH had more tiles and an actual OOB, I really dig how it looks

HOI4 is reddit tier compared to DH. No depth in its combat system.

Vicky with expanded warfare, central banking features and broader financial features, and a more complicated production system

Any games like Supreme Ruler or Superpower that are actually good?

HOI4 railroads and roadblocks very heavily, the combat feels very distant and uninvolved, techs are boring and railroaded, and division design is a pointless clusterfuck.

ck2 is great fun desu

Attached: ck2_2.png (490x517, 484K)

When will /gsg/ finally return home to Jow Forums
and stop being such a shithole?

Attached: old gsg.jpg (1520x8584, 1.56M)