DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #1996

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: djt.jpg (1600x1200, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-31125338
youtube.com/watch?v=eAdWvFglEjI
youtu.be/bcruYVMX18A
youtube.com/watch?v=k5t37q1neC4
youtube.com/watch?v=62r8m3JyEwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

first post saddest post

>too exhausted yesterday to do a full set + 20 new
>still tired today
>studied 605 cards in 125 minutes today
>40 new ones (thankfully they were relatively easy)

Never slip up, even for a single day.

Doing rtk1 anki right now and audio immersion. Can i do a 2k vocab deck too, or will that fuck me over rtk wise?

What's this general's culture?We need to know

こんにちは。俺は大学で日本語の二年生です。来週、期末試験を受けるから、一緒に勉強しよう!

Attached: Akari.jpg (244x241, 12K)

Exhaustion

Attached: 804CC25A-081E-40FA-ADA2-5E55E303EA3C.jpg (2000x2256, 400K)

Attached: Ridin.png (1152x865, 565K)

皆さんが見れるようにあそこで投稿してください

>15 months of study time
>first row still isn't completely blue

Attached: progress.png (434x74, 2K)

終焉
絶望

in what context is くりや used instead of the more common kitchen words

>dead

>1000 cards today
I want to die

厨(くりや)は、余程の古い屋敷でしか使わない。
ほぼ、死語と言ってよく、昔の本でしか見ない。
その意味では、現代は
「台所」
「厨房」
などを使う。

Attached: -aNoaV1K_400x400.jpg (400x400, 47K)

頑張れ!

I've memorized all of the hirogana, what now? (´・ω・`)

Do It For Her

Quit while you're still ahead. But if you still want to suffer: read a grammar guide and start on core2k

Attached: dekichan.jpg (200x240, 8K)

rtk should never be the only thing you do

Attached: 1499110025318.jpg (772x525, 93K)

こっちの板に移ったのか

帰れ!

hi hajimemashite

So apparently there are two pronunciations for 「占い」

The first one seems to follow the typical start low and then follow high all the way.
The second pronunciation follows the (3) pattern (Low-High-High-Low)

Typically I'm only given one pronunciation, so I'm unsure if both are used interchangeably or if meaning changes based upon which instance is used.

Being on vacation doesn't excuse you to miss your rounds! Did you guys finish yours today?

Memorize the katakana
What makes it blue?

test

I miss how fun these threads used to be.
Just looking at the time difference between and is sad.

Site is broken right now though. (Thanks, hiro)

(But yeah, posts have been going down, and unfortunately this is a fast-moving board.)

Hiro may be the boss of the gym but he will never be my real dad.

I don't even miss moot nowadays.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-31125338

What the actual fuck should I read? No Yotsubato.

New Game

Attached: ニュー・ゲーム.jpg (2708x1920, 1.29M)

surely there's something that interests you
read that

I open this image for nene's tits every time

>getting to a set of cards in Core that all look the same and have similar meanings and readings
Yesterday was cards such as 年月日, 年月, 月日, 日日, 日時, 日々 (there were more than this) and today I was treated to 何とか, 何しろ, 何だか, 何となく, 何て, 何で, etc.

How the fuck do you not mix them up?

I dont have much issue with these kinds of cards. The ones that kill me are ones like 誰 and 確, since they look very close

read some DBSS
youtube.com/watch?v=eAdWvFglEjI

It's hard to find something that's not mind-numbingly boring, but still easy enough that I don't won't want to die. I just found Flying Witch though; it looks alright.
I'll check that out if this falls through.
What is it with people and Dragon Ball?

Don't worry about the 何 ones much, you'll nail those down from reading pretty quickly.

>What is it with people and Dragon Ball?
It's probably only the Greek-user

Anyway, I think you can manage "shallow" VNs at your skill level. Try Danganronpa, it would be fun to realize mysteries in a mysterious language.

You realize it's hirAgana, 日本語へようこそ、大丈夫、自殺思は普通

In the bottom left, what's the あっ?

Attached: FW22.png (1047x862, 1.03M)

Based on context, it's probably a contraction of ある

That would make sense for the last time I saw it as well. Thanks.

edo dialect

bump

Attached: 1507816304116.jpg (640x480, 16K)

>勿論、夢ではなかった──夢だったのだとしたら、意識が回復したこの場所は、僕の部屋であるべきだった。

does anyone know why it says 夢だったのだとしたら and not just 夢だったとしたら?

Bei ~no da/ ~nda schwingt oft eine erklärende Bedeutung mit. Auf Deutsch könntest du das z. B. mit "nämlich" ausdrücken: "Wäre es nämlich ein Traum gewesen, dann..."

alles klar, danke brudi

This is the equivalent of the "Help me I have a question...nvm I fixed it ;P this thread can be closed now" idiot. Should've answered in english for lurkers who cannot understand german but have a similar problem.

手で日本語を書くのが難しいです。
Is that correct?

書く already implies handwriting, so 手で is redundant. If you're talking about writing in Japanese, 日本語で書くのが難しいです, is one way of saying it.

So 書く can't be used for typing? I want to specifically emphasize that the handwriting is hard, not the spelling.

For that purpose, compound kanjis work best.
Use either 筆跡 (n., penmanship) or 手書き (n., handwriting) if you wanted to specifically talk about handwriting.
Then, you can construct as follows.
(私の)日本語の筆跡は難しいです。

"書く" includes typing on a keyboard, so the part "手で" is not redundant. The sentence is correct.

But if what s/he want to say is "to write sentences in Japanese is difficult", then "日本語で文章を書くのが(or は)難しいです。" is appropriate.
("文章を書く" is not a redundant expression
because "書く" includes filling in a form or so.)

筆跡 means the shape itself written by hand, so (私の)日本語の筆跡は難しいです。 sounds off.
日本語の手書きが(or は)難しいです。
日本語を手書きするのが(or は)難しいです。
私には can be added in order to emphasis "for me."

Thank you friends
Please rate my クソ手書き

Attached: 20180414_162921_9-1.jpg (1737x2879, 2.65M)

girly writings/10

Attached: giphy (4).gif (853x480, 950K)

R-really?
What is considered manly or girly hand writing in Japanese?

Attached: attempting to resist temptation.png (841x720, 309K)

the kanji of 忘れます looks cute

imho curvy letters look girly while angular ones seem manly

なんとなくJKっぽい感じです。
へたじゃないです、練習がんばって。
(JK=女子高生、です)

Attached: 130211_pc_fig10.jpg (380x214, 38K)

みんな同じこと思ってて草
(We all feel the same way LMAO)

not sure how to feel about this desu
hopefully i can improve

Attached: mfw i'm to intelligent to watch lwa.png (338x654, 349K)

So many people say shit like "I lived in Japan for 1 year to study Japanese". Like where the fuck do you get money for that shit? You can't even work on a student visa, so you need to have money for a fucking YEAR of living and tuition fees saved up front. How the fuck does this happen?

Attached: 00.gif (363x323, 3.53M)

only children with rich parents

Yo!

oh! hi! yo!

I wanted to post too but if that's girly I din't even want show mine.

my handwriting is a bit more scribbly and angular but all in all pretty similar
we 外人 only learn/get used to print writing basically so it's no real surprise I guess

I've gotten to a point where if there's too many strokes I just to a zig zag and aim for the general shape.
Like the right sides of 進, 誰. Recently my ら's are getting lazy and looking like う's too. Then I think of pre war kanji before reforming and it's not so bad

Attached: 1513548554802.jpg (640x960, 100K)

Attached: 1522016742864.jpg (780x960, 72K)

I want to die in your arms.

Attached: not_today.png (670x431, 271K)

youtu.be/bcruYVMX18A

could be a good song, but that fucking engrish refrain ruins it

Attached: 1438130359740.jpg (462x492, 30K)

uh gays?

faggot

君は。。。ゲイではないか?

Can we make it to 100 posts this time, is it even possible?

Izve been transcribing dramas recently to help boost my writing but I should be studying for JLPT

Transcribing as in copying the subtitles, or as in directly writing the spoken Japanese into written?

>vocab going way better than when I started a few weeks ago
>voice in the back of my head telling me to add more new cards for each day

I'd literally give my left nut to be a normie who doesn't overanalyze everything

>finish Genki 1,2 and Tobira
>move on to Yotsuba
>all is good provided I use a dictionary
>move on to Hunter X Hunter
>get anally blasted due to millions of new words and complicated grammar structures
Should I just press on or did I miss a step somewhere?

Writing the subs like the a pleb unless I'm feeling adventurous.
Usually I close my eyes for listening and see how close I am, then right it. Or rewatch stuff I've seen dubbed in Japanese without any subs at all.
I really like writing in Japanese over any other form of use, reading, speakIng etc.
Copying subs is a bad habit isn't it?

Read instead.

I have 200 words in Anki and am nowhere near finishing my first read through of Tae Kim. I can't read shit

Getting good at reading native content requires you to read a fuckload of it. Press on.

You read until you get assblasted less and less

音フェチ

So I studied Japanese for 4 years in college, will be graduating this following spring with a degree in Japanese and one other (I have an extra year still because of my second major). But I am done with the Japanese courses that my university offers, and I have realized that I have giant gaps in my knowledge of stuff I should know but have forgotten because it didn't come up again, so why bother keeping it in my head. This upcoming summer will be my last summer that I will ever have again where I have nothing I am doing, no job or anything, and I want to aim for the N2 this winter so I can start looking for jobs in Japan.

Any suggestions? Should I just hit the N2 study books? Should I go back through Genki and Tobira and relearn the things that I have missed, then move onto real media?

go for input
youtube.com/watch?v=k5t37q1neC4
youtube.com/watch?v=62r8m3JyEwg

Thank you; I’ll keep at it. Did you manage becoming fluent this way?

Something I have learned so far after reviewing many and any cards is that you should always try and 25% more new cards per day than your target. For example, if your goal is 20 cards per day, try doing 25 new cards whenever possible. I've accepting the fact that some days I wont be able to finish all of my cards just due to other things I have going on in my life, and I shouldn't get discouraged by this. By doing just a few more cards a day than I originally thought I would give myself a nice buffer such that i will still be able to achieve my long run goals.

The key to learning Japanese is to not let it consume your life and for you to feel bad when you cant reach a short term target, but rather to let Japanese seamlessly flow through your daily life.

>Japanese for 4 years in college
>doesn't even have N2 after all that

I haven't tried taking the JLPT yet, will be trying this following winter. And also, University Japanese isn't very good, at least at my school. I feel like I learn far more just self studying then I do in class.

Why would you ever major in Japanese though? What's your other degree in?