RIP crypto

>Blockchain is not only crappy technology but a bad vision for the future. Its failure to achieve adoption to date is because systems built on trust, norms, and institutions inherently function better than the type of no-need-for-trusted-parties systems blockchain envisions. That’s permanent: no matter how much blockchain improves it is still headed in the wrong direction.

>It’s not trustless, you’re trusting in the software (and your ability to defend yourself in a software-driven world), instead of trusting other people.

>You actually see it over and over again. Blockchain systems are supposed to be more trustworthy, but in fact they are the least trustworthy systems in the world. Today, in less than a decade, three successive top bitcoin exchanges have been hacked, another is accused of insider trading, the demonstration-project DAO smart contract got drained, crypto price swings are ten times those of the world’s most mismanaged currencies, and bitcoin, the “killer app” of crypto transparency, is almost certainly artificially propped up by fake transactions involving billions of literally imaginary dollars.

>Even the most die-hard crypto enthusiasts prefer in practice to rely on trust rather than their own crypto-medieval systems. 93% of bitcoins are mined by managed consortiums, yet none of the consortiums use smart contracts to manage payouts. Instead, they promise things like a “long history of stable and accurate payouts.” Sounds like a trustworthy middleman!

>Same with Silk Road, a cryptocurrency-driven online drug bazaar. The key to Silk Road wasn’t the bitcoins (that was just to evade government detection), it was the reputation scores that allowed people to trust criminals. And the reputation scores weren’t tracked on a tamper-proof blockchain, they were tracked by a trusted middleman!

>*trusted is better than trustless*

medium.com/@kaistinchcombe/decentralized-and-trustless-crypto-paradise-is-actually-a-medieval-hellhole-c1ca122efdec

Attached: grand opening.jpg (720x1410, 456K)

This kills the cryptofag

All you need to know about the guy who wrote that.
>We’re a financial services firm that offers debit and Visa cards and investments management for aging Americans.
>True Link Financial provides Visa cards and investment portfolios for the aging population with a focus on financial protection.

Attached: 1515639158133.png (740x1000, 922K)

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth, because they don't want their illusions destroyed." - Nietzsche

we all know that shit but we hope that some normie buys our bags

One guy (that lives off old school investments) opinions vs tech giants from all over the world plus Soros and Rothschild investing on blockchain tech, mmmh, I wonder who should I listen to.

>when you realize that this argument against Bitcoin is just a microcosm of the folly of liberalism, republics, "the rule of law" constitutions, "checks and balances" and all other variants of trying to remove the brain from the body politic. That liberalism posits a completely fabricated story of the state of nature as a war of all individuals against all other individuals, but that this never happened. Humans are social beings who, while capable of violence, never existed apart from society and the family.

Blockchain is actually the one time in human history where liberalism actually makes sense, because you now have a society of disconnected individuals who communicate in state of relative anarchy (the internet) pseudonymously with predators abounding in every corner and all possible leviathans compromised.

So buy fucking Bitcoin and get ready for breakdown of this awful ideology over the coming century.

Attached: 1485308510317.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

Yep...

I day traded it for a couple months and made a couple thousand, but the wave is over so I've lost interest.

>no goy! Me taking a portion of your money is a good thing! Just think about all the people out there that would steal from you, given the chance!

>link to a medium article by literally who
discarded

so its the boomer or the jews, id take the boomer

blockchain is literally a fucking data structure. Why do idiots think investing in btc = investing in blockchain. Cryptos can all die, and 99% of them including bitshit will die. blockchain will stay just like linked lists are still around. it just has a very limited use case

Welp, BTFO. Makes me more depressed that I should have sold it all beginning of January. Fuck my whole shit up.

t. 6k cuck

The blockchain is 100% trustworthy
trust is the most valuable thing in the world
Therefore the blockchain is the most valuable thing in the world

Anybody see a flaw in the logic?

what a surprise that this faggot is a traitor cuck, too

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-09_22-07-58.png (1858x1023, 1.12M)

This

A computer is also 100% trustworthy but worthless if you give it to a pajeet.

absolute state of anti-crypto

> FUD blockchain tech to shill your shitty financial platform for old people

Attached: 11403087_10101754984643503_6927899932419553322_n.jpg (879x878, 44K)

really makes you think

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-09_22-10-42.png (925x1040, 196K)

creates a trustless system
"why won't anyone trust my system?"

coiners in rooins

You had to have known that this statement would mean nothing to 99.9% of people in general, forget the mouthbreathers of Jow Forums who all want to be coders until they fail out of discrete math and calculus thus never making it to advanced data structures and having to change to being a business major.

You really don’t see what’s hapenning? Why do you think they are investing in crypto? To give money for NEETs?
They want control, and the traditional blockchain provides total control. Completely traceable assets. Eith one ID I can trace back evey one of your transaction years back.
Cryptocurrencies will thrive. But not because “trustless” systems are better, but because at the right time those who hold the monopoly of trust will take over them, and give it them the “stamp of approval” that will lead people to actually start using it. And im return they will gain unprecedented control. And you will give them control with a smile on your face.

>Trustless is bad because trust works fine
Lol speak for yourself fag

>y-yes trust me goy

Attached: 1502399956360.jpg (782x730, 106K)

This

Oy vey goyim, you don't want to have to trust us? What're you, some kind of anti-semite? You can trust me with my- I mean your shekels, goy. I promise!

Attached: IMG_0556.jpg (594x479, 112K)

lmao copypasta from a rertarded medium article

I've read this, like, 3 times and I think I'm starting to get it...

Yeah, thanks for getting me to read that drivel. This guy had better get on to Soros as well as the wide smattering of ex fintech ceo's who are pouring millions and millions of dollars into this industry, as well as the SEC itself being quite bullish on it, and tell them that they were wrong.

Explain the pic? It looks like Russia

you do know what trustless means?

> I would assert that there is no single person in existence who had a problem they wanted to solve, discovered that an available blockchain solution was the best way to solve it, and therefore became a blockchain enthusiast.
1) Dark net markets
2) Countries with failing fiat currencies (Greece, Zimbabwe, Venezuela)
3) Countries with strict capital flight controls (China)
I'm 5 lines in and this faggot has already showed how ignorant he is, but let's press on.
>The number of retailers accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment is declining
Crypto as a fiat replacement red herring. Currency coins are a small part of crypto and have a lot of UX development to go.
> let’s consider a widely-proposed use case for blockchain: buying an e-book with a “smart” contract.
Who "widely proposes" this? What a fucking insignificant use of smart contracts.
> It’s not trustless, you’re trusting in the software
Yeah, no fucking shit. Software that can be publicly audited by every party. Software that, after initial deployment, can be shown to have been useful and resilient to exploits. This guy is taking every CHALLENGE facing smart contracts and holding it up as proof that it makes them worse than the current system. This faggot would have been FUDding the shit out of the internet back in the 90s.

>Blockchain systems do not magically make the data in them accurate or the people entering the data trustworthy
Buy ChainLink.

>1993

>The internet claims to replace newspapers, television, telephone and yet all of its users still watch tv, buy newspapers and call over the phone, checkmate internetheists

This explains a lot. Into the trash with this post. Sage goes in all fields.