Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Australians
youtube.com/watch?v=6zoX6Dknqis
youtube.com/watch?v=pnphuffsCiY
youtube.com/watch?v=8LaexrwXLFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>meet a guy who looks like an utter Paki
>he keeps telling everyone he's British
>they all make jokes about how British he is and would he like some bangers 'n mash wit dat guvnah hahaha and calling him limey hahahahaha
>can't say anything about it because it would be racist to mention the fact that he's clearly a Paki

Attached: 324.jpg (250x240, 11K)

You can be both Pakistani and British. Are you retarded?

British isn't a race. Holy shit, why is everyone here retarded?

>met a non-hispanic american
>can speak two languages
what timeline is this

Attached: 45A954AA-1615-42A9-925B-9CC1DCA0FE99.jpg (218x218, 20K)

>met an elderly Korean
>can only speak Japanese

Huh

>In a Korean restaurant
>White guy does all the ordering in Korean as soon as the waitress walks over
>She gives him a look and says she's Chinese and only speaks English and some Mandarin

This but I was in a Jap restaurant and it was run by Koreans and Filipinos

Here all Asian restaurants are run and staffed by Vietnamese. My hometown has a "Thai" restaurant run and stuffed by Vietnamese. Cause they are the only big Asian minority here that is not all managers. They wuz communist comrades again imperialistic pigdog west and shiet.

Viet are top tier, I approve.

t. Nguyen

I don't have a problem with them. My fav minority here actually. The "Thai" restaurant makes like a 500 gram plate of delicious food for 4.5 euro.

Nah, m8. Viet girls are literally top 3 in the world.

>liking asian women
lmoa

>met a wh*Te
>it insisted that it was human
Glad we put the fucker out.

>drinking petrol
I dunno my dude, seems like a worse option to me. I'll stick with asian girls.

>I'll stick with asian girls.
Ahahajahah

>Meets a non-brazilian guy
>He speaks portuguese better than most brazilians

Attached: JimHalpert3.jpg (501x498, 26K)

Yeah maybe the ones with a lot of chink and thai blood

>an american met an asian man with Japanese name
>he wasn't born in Japan
not surprising at all tbqh

I met the most Japanese looking man I've ever seen. Looked like he was pulled straight out of a samurai film, hair, beard and all. Then he asked me for directions in a thick irish accent

Lots of Japs here have Jap names even if they’re third gen and can’t speak the language. They think it helps keep their heritage alive.

even first names?

I meant first names.

>even if they’re third gen
>think it helps keep their heritage alive
I don't think there's many tho
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Australians

In the store I used to work in an asian guy came in with a thick as fuck old west accent with the cowboy hat, spurs on his cowboy boots, and leather chaps over his jeans. Was fucking crazy

Yeah there’s not a lot but these third gens are like half or quarter jap but they still have jap first names.

don't they just think it sounds cool including Australians who married to people of Jap descent?

I mean Japanese communities in the west are generally weak except for few places since the ww2 so I don't really think they are proud of being Japs

>studying in china
>vietnamese girl in my class
>she's from a uk uni exchange program
>she was born in russia and lived there practically her whole life
>has no russian passport/citizenship, still officially a citizen of vietnamese
>came to uk to study, wants to live in the west
>fluent in russian, english, chinese, somewhat fluent in vietnamese
>father was a scientist who "migrated" (read: assigned) to russia
>doesn't know what her father does, but he's paid in USD
>be the only american in our class
>of course, we became the best of friends, spent a lot of time together

shit is tough for her, having a vietnamese passport. china and vietnam still have shit relations which affects visa applications.

Indians, even 3rd/4th gens, keep their first name in Indian here. Kinda opposite to most Asians do here.

>father was a scientist who "migrated" (read: assigned) to russia

this was during the vietnam war.

oh, and her vietnamese name is supposed to be a homage to charlie chaplin, which was the name of her father's dog or something like that.

>Be me, waiting for a bus in a rural are
>Blue eyed blonde guy picks me up
>Notice an accent, ask him where is he from
>COLOMBIAN
When I told my mum that a colombian picked me up she almost got a heart attack lol

are you a girl?

It will be hard for her to get a UK passport. I know a plenty of Asians who went to 1st tier unis in the UK (LSE, Imperial) and even they find it hard to get a job there and settle. I think it's much harder for non-EU people to stay in the UK even before Brexit and so.

no

>I think it's much harder for non-EU people to stay in the UK even before Brexit and so.
that's a good thing desu

gay

why

yea, i remember hearing about that and offering to get her to come to land of freedom and crash on my couch while she tries to scratch out a living. she really doesnt want to go back to russia, mainly because of her parents.

she's earnest about wanting to work her way up, but she's kind of a ditz, honestly.

we used to joke about faking a marriage for, among other things, getting her a US citizenship.

Maybe he is from Portugal?

I am a second gen indian with an indian name

I see no reason I wouldn't give my kids indian names
I mean it would just be weird as fuck to see an indian kid with a name like hector or some shit imo. And I also like Indian names honestly, they are a bit more interesting than Andy Wong #123552

but names aren't something I care that much about, and anyone who interacts with the current gen of indian americans clearly sees that if the goal was to keep indian culture growing in the US or something it clearly failed, most indians I know around my age can't even speak their parent's language

Generally, marrying an Asian woman here is seen as degrading because it means you are a cuck who can’t get laid any other way but there are Japanese communities and they provide a lot of support to people of Japanese descent since they’re concentrated in particular areas. Japs here are quite rich so they’re proud of their heritage too (as long as they’re not in Darwin). They even mustered up the power to try to bring Korean organisations to court over some statue.

because your mom wasnt freaked about a colombian, she's freaked that you got aids from gay sex

I find it really weird and funny when western Asians have super Anglo or biblical names like "john"

she was probably worried that I might have gotten mugged or something

not everything is about gaysex user

would you have sucked his dick though

like, if it was an option

>They even mustered up the power to try to bring Korean organisations to court over some statue.

Attached: 1522146109143.jpg (404x394, 44K)

>she was probably worried that I might have gotten mugged or something

that colombian mugged you of your virginity and a tight, working anus

A lot of them were given those names by missionaries and then they spread around their countries and became the default names to use when immigrants would go to the West.

unlikely since his son was on the backseat

She will probably end up in Hong Kong or Singapore if she doesn't end up staying in the UK if she goes to a good uni (like Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL). Most of those Asian students in the UK I know ended up going to SG or HK if they couldn't get a job in the UK. (And sometimes they eventually go back to the UK or head to other Anglo countries.)

Idk. It's just interesting how Indians keep their kids' names Indian while Asians (Korean, Japanese, Chinese), even first gen, use 'English' names.

From my experience, Japs don’t change their first names and I wonder if it could be related to says. There isn’t a huge amount of missionary work done in modern Japan compared to the likes of South Korea.

>sat behind a woman in a hijab on the bus
>she was learning german on her phone

Attached: 1500415786033.png (249x254, 106K)

>meet white ginger frat bro on my college dorm floor
>chill as hell, best fifa player i know, not smug or annoying about being a chad
>actually an egyptian with extremely elaborate grievances against everyone who has ever wronged the muslim brotherhood

Pic related, just about

Attached: Sami_Zayn_bio--dc18b127171716c9fc98c8243d54799d.jpg (1200x675, 94K)

he's pakistani he just doesnt speak the language

>They even mustered up the power to try to bring Korean organisations to court over some statue.

I remember this.

>She will probably end up in Hong Kong or Singapore if she doesn't end up staying in the UK if she goes to a good uni (like Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL).

well she goes to university of london soas, but she and her parents couldnt even get a visa to go to hong kong. i dont think she likes asia very much, so singapore is probably out of the question too. i guess it's the west or bust for her.

>while Asians (Korean, Japanese, Chinese), even first gen, use 'English' names.

it's just easier to have an english first name since sino-based languages dont really accomdate foreign names well. there's growing english literacy, especially in east asian bureaucracies, so they're used for records. also very useful for trying to differentiate between 3 million wangs and 2 million zhous,

95% of hijabis in germany listen to this

youtube.com/watch?v=6zoX6Dknqis

sounds like a modern version of youtube.com/watch?v=pnphuffsCiY

And it's common in East Asian culture to have many "nicknames" or titles or whatever so having multiple names for different purposes is not seen as an issue, it shows the different faces of you who you show in separate situations.

I once met a sixth generation Chinese man named Shane who lived in the outback.

>met a Paraguayan
>he speaks Portuguese so well that I didn't even suspect he was a gringo

>met a regular white guy
>tried to speak with him in English
>he spoke javanese instead

Attached: 1520855430694.png (112x112, 28K)

stop having lewd thoughts about this married man user

yeah, it definitely is interesting
I think it has a bit to do with the importance of names and individuality in a culture as well

In older generations in india, it was (semi) common for people to have super long names, my grand uncle has a traditional long name with like 6 or 7 names, maybe more. Virtually everyone in india has a unique name because there are so many different last names as well, with people having middle names, sometimes more than one

but in china (and asia in general), names aren't as unique, and names are often just two or three characters

so I think there's less individual/cultural connection with a name in asia, might be one reason why they so easily accept giving up "asian" names

Attached: file.png (2101x443, 98K)

lies desu

>met a German girl in 2010
>perfect portuguese
>people take her as a local
>has an Hawaiian name
>fucking Hawaiian name

Turned out that her father and mother had their honeymoon in Hawaii and she is some ultimate coalburner and have 4 children with some guy black as night and rich as fuck.

Perhaps, btwn, whenever I see Indians in the US, so many people have last names that are Gupta and Patel (I saw those last names like 10+ times). Are people with these names immigrated to the US particularly a lot or are those just common Indian names?

Those Asians got their visas to HK or SG because they got jobs there. They get job offers 1st, visa 2nd.

Dunno. I am Korean myself. I just use first syllable of my first name. Just too cringy to use 'Anglo' name but people just don't pronounce my first name right

Their voices are fucking terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=8LaexrwXLFY

Why just the first syllable. Basically everyone in my family and all my friends just use their full name except my wife and two of her cousins.

>so I think there's less individual/cultural connection with a name in asia, might be one reason why they so easily accept giving up "asian" names

it's the complete the opposite you idiot. a name implies familial connections of political/economical worth and draws distinctions between clans/organizations. this isnt even a uniquely asian thing.

but east asians understand a bit better than that who you're related to often matters more than who you are.

To your point it was illegal in Korea to marry someone with the same family name until very fairly recently. Obviously just because a Kim and a Kim share the same name the odds of actually being related are no different than any other country of similar size but it's just a weird taboo thing.

I think we generally see it from a totally different perspective. yes, Japs are generally richer because of supports from Japanese companies. I think many of them went there for white-collar jobs in the first place but that's different from immigrants uniting strongly for serious reasons

you said they mustered up the power to try to bring Korean organizations to court over some statue but it means Korean organizations are strong and could build many statues in many countries in the first place

based, the muslim brotherhood did literally nothing wrong

Back when I was young, someone did my passport process wrong so they put the second syllable of my name as 'middle name' (and my name has two syllables). So I somehow ended up using the first syllable of my name. It happens a lot to Koreans who keep their Korean names

Tbf the german language is worse

>met a guy from Southern Brazil
>he isn't white

Attached: 1494110699553.png (1027x731, 28K)

thinking this means japan storonk is fucking stupid. that's the other way around

i dunno how it is in korea, but in china there's a reason we still depend on matchmakers in this day and age. back in the day, they were able to research family lines and see how far (or sometimes how closely) a potential couple are related, since genetic defects from interbreeding were known. i assume that holds true to an extent today.

Do Chinese keep the place their ancestry originated from? I mean the citie or thr region their ancestors have lived. If they don’t then do they consider anyone with the same family name to be related? We do keep it here and together with our family name it is what defines the concept of our bloodline.

i dunno mang, im not a middle-aged widower that gets paid to marry kids off.

i'd say that in rural areas where there's little to no written records, ancestry knowledge is probably passed down by word of mouth or something traditional like that. it's not like peasants can send a hair sample over to ancestry dot com.

This means there is less individuality all the same because a name is more like a title or family crest
And like I said it's common in Asia to have many nicknames or names with friends

China let all their ancestor ghosts starve for many decades now

why is it that most Americans think moving there is easy? Its incredibly difficult to legally immigrate to the US, moreso than most of Europe.

No, but it means Japs and Koreans war eachother even on foreign soil

if this was true how did my parents get here

they can barely handle sending email

>eachother
huh

a korean girl i was dating 2 years talked about this. she asked me why incest themes were woven into our western sexuality. she said even joking casually was a big no-no in korea.

ah, i wish i could've given her the erotic taboo roleplay sex she secretly desired

>I met a non stereotypical person

I'll have you know that countries have people of different background

I dunno, you're the only person that's happened too lol, just bad luck for you.

Yeah all countries have people from all races.

Met the pastiest, most Anglo looking guy who had a multisyllabic indigenous surname

Met this 2nd gen half puerto rican girl whose mom is latina but dad is polish, she goes around acting like she's a leb

is she hot?