Countries you know literally nothing about other than their language despite them being close to you

countries you know literally nothing about other than their language despite them being close to you

Attached: Capture.jpg (2697x1352, 113K)

lol

Attached: images (1).jpg (454x324, 13K)

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Tasmania.svg.png (2000x1000, 64K)

What languages do they speak there? I don't even know.

Attached: whoaretheyagain.png (2000x1000, 4K)

good post

french. the french wanted to do the same thing as britain did with their prisoners.

Not a country but eastern russia eapecially the peninsula is mysterious as fuck

I mean what are their mother tongues?

do you mean the language of the natives? so you consider aboriginal to be the mother tongue of australia?

New Caledonia is not a country it's a French territory.
That said I don't know that much about it either, we tend to forget that those faraway islands even exist.

it's not really a country but this is the place i know least about in north america.

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Saint-Pierre_and_Miquelon_1400x.progressive.png.jpg (1400x933, 146K)

so it's still a part of france?

Yes, it's among the many islands that we have around the globe such as Martinique, Guadeloupe, Réunion, etc.
Though they're gonna have a referendum in November to decide if they want to become independent.

>Not knowing France is the 4th closest country to Australia

>they're gonna have a referendum in November to decide if they want to become independent
For what reason? It seems like being connected to France, a main European power, would be nothing but a good thing.

I don't know what prompted it, but it's not the first time such a referendum takes place in those overseas territories and it always ended up with the majority wanting to remain part of France.
I guess it's to appease the separatists and to show that France isn't some big evil colonialist, especially since there's a high chance the result is gonna be against independence.

Also overseas territories tend to be poorer than mainland France and with a higher unemployment rate.
From what I've heard some separatists think the government doesn't do enough for them and that they'd be better off with an independent local government.

are new caledonian residents allowed to freely live in mainland france?

Yes. It's the same country, there's nothing preventing them moving from one to the other, apart from the obvious geographical hurdle.

It's France, with a status slightly different of other départements.

Yes.

Aren't those places prone to natural weather effects? At least being a part of France, the government is required to help them. As an independent state, wouldn't they have to rely on getting foreign aid and fixing it themselves?

It's not a country.

makes you wonder why all the kanakas dont move to france for free gibs-me-dat

Exactly. Being part of France ensure them a good standard of living and "free" help in case of disaster. From what we know New Caledonia will most certainly vote to stay in France.

>free gibs-me-dat
They already have that. No reason to move in a cold crazy western country.

I don't know about New Caledonia, but disasters do happen in Martinique and Guadeloupe. And this is probably why the majority did choose to remain part of France when the referendums happened there.

They already get the gib-me-dats, as they already are in France.

Well the referendum is mostly a way to get more gibs-me-dat. Most of the "separatists" just use this opportunity to remind us they exist and ask for better public aid. It happened for a lot of our islands and as user said before it's always ended with a big majority for dmstaying.