How does a country apply to join the United States?

How does a country apply to join the United States?

Attached: firmausa[1].png (2400x1483, 155K)

Congress has to admit you.
Basically:
First you hold a referendum.
When statehood wins you write a state constitution and then congress votes to make you a state.

Men america could've been muxh bihher if we were more imperialist. Imagine cuba, Phillipines, Panama and Sicily as American states.

>When statehood wins
Poland is already a "state" in the original sense, so it would be applying to join the union, not "becoming a state". That's like saying Croatia was applying to become a country when it joined the EU or something. The only reason why that phrase even exists is from western territories being made states.

That's how a territory becomes a state you fucking retard.

1. Hold a referendum within country
2. Majority votes to become part of USA?
3. Negotiations with US government.
4. High-ups in congress introduce bill in the House of Reps/Senate
5. It gets passed in Congress
6. President signs it into law
7. Country accepts
8. Bingo their a territory.

State-hood is harder.

Assuming you won't screw up the balance of power, because then the opposition party would block you from becoming a state. And even some states might try to block you if it means that their state will lose congress seats. It would be easier (but not necessarily beneficial) to become a US territory like Puerto Rico.

Did you lads know that Canadian provinces have a "fast track" to statehood?

Getting a US state in between Germany and Russia. I feel like that would start WWIII.

What do you mean?

Why would the krauts care?

>Why would the krauts care?
A US state couldn't be in the EU. The only alternative to Pol-out, would be that the entire USA joins the EU (maybe rename it the Atlantic Union). But by virtue of relative population and economy sizes, the AU would be an American dominated, not a German dominated political entity.

But would they really be willing to chimp out and attack all of their allies over that?

Krauts should understand if they start another WW they'll get genocided

sorry, we're part of Canada already

Attached: Canada.jpg (740x558, 87K)

>implying the US government doesn't control the German government on important foreign affairs
>implying Germany is allowed to defend its interests in the world

I like the idea of a colony in Europe

what things would you like Germany to do, geopolitical, that they haven't been allowed to do?

I'd rather take the UK (yes, muslims and all). At least that "colony" would be defensible. Poland is 689 KM of Northern European Plain, basically a freeway for tanks, surrounded by major land-powers.

Take Kosovo

Two words: PUERTO RICO.

Check how they are.

Let the people decide whether or not we want foreign militaries on our soil
Not having to obey restrictions imposed on us in the 2+4 treaty that punish us for things we Germans living today haven't done

Are they US citizens then? Can they vote and move to mainlands?

Sons pay the debts of their fathers.

people born in US territories are US citizens. But they can't vote in federal elections, but they also don't have to pay federal taxes. They can move to the mainland any time, either for travel or permanently. If they move permanently, then they become citizens of the state they are now living in, pay taxes in that state, and vote in that states local and federal elections.

If you believe in inherited guilt...
I don't. So we shouldn't have to.

>If you believe in inherited guilt...
I donĀ“t believe you are guilty by inheritance. What I mean is if your father was a total fuckup and your mother as well, then there is a big chance that you will be as well just because of the environment and conditions they leave you.

We abandoned much more geopolitically important bases in the Philippines (encircling China in case a naval blockade is needed), simply because the Philippines asked us to leave. It's not like the US would stay in Germany if we were asked to leave.

The irony is that the current climate seems to be the reverse. Trump wants us to leave, and Merkel wants us to stay. Trump even gave her a (symbolic) invoice for services rendered for the protection of Germany, to bait her into telling us to leave.

So you believe there's a realistic chance of Germany today becoming a fascist dictatorship with expansionist and genocidal aims if we were completely allowed to do with our country what we want?
I doubt your military is willing to leave Ramstein.

>I doubt your military is willing to leave Ramstein.
And how would that look to other countries that host US troops with the assumption that we will leave if asked? you honestly think that the US would upset the relationship they have with every country that voluntarily houses US troops over over a single military base?

Fair point, though Ramstein is of extraordinary importance to the US (in fact I think only Incirlik is as important)

ha ha ha ha, you can keep the balkans fellas

How about this: USA is annexed by Poland and can join the EU

Yes

Attached: Thank You America Vitina Kosovo.jpg (500x332, 31K)

>fascist dictatorship with expansionist and genocidal aims
In a couple of decades, yes, of course. I can already imagine the angry masses of "new german" mutts who's one grandpa was a nazi and another was a sand nigger goatfucker. Filled with identity issues, hungry for a new zeitgeist, and inspired by Hitler's quotations about islam, christianity, slavs and jews, they will elect a new madman to lead their unholy jihad for lebensraum and destroy Europe for good.
Islamic Nazism will be one of the most important forces of WW3.

>this post coming from a Pole
What a surprise

Mark my words Hans

>people born in US territories are US citizens
Not Samoans for some reason, they are US nationals, but have no citizenship. They can get it rather easily though, I don't think anyone understand why that is the case though.
>But they can't vote in federal elections
They can, but only in primaries

take Albania too
t. Albanian

American Samoa is unincorporated. Really they should be US citizens but the entire system is retarded and like 200 years out of date.

>Did you lads know that Canadian provinces have a "fast track" to statehood?
Explain

I would gladly join with the Netherlands

please don't exclude us.
t. american puppet

>Poland is already a "state" in the original sense

yeah a state of corrupt shithole.

fuck these eastern bandit cocksuckers

your government made a smart move to not disband visas from these assholes.