What do you think about this map?

My International Politics Professor showed us this map. I personally think its a little off but what do you guys think? It is supposed to map civilization groups.

Attached: clash-civilizations.png (640x481, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DwWhs36HAMU
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Korean_vocabulary
indiana.edu/~korean/E305/vocabmakeup.html
books.google.com/books?id=NN-yIdLOkCoC&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=sino korean words&source=bl&ots=qLX6dZ6Hnr&sig=g6ARRbFb3mAlhZmAL_ccOb1gwWk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjhg7yO7cnaAhVQU98KHdD0DRo4ChDoATAEegQIBhAB
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_given_names
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how are we closer to finland than to argentina?

whites are pathetic

Looks realistic for me.

We are not western trash.

fuck off zhang

it's garbage
>united islamic world
>like 6 conflicts within islamic countries right now

>japan stands alone

Attached: anime pro.png (203x200, 35K)

>Japanese
>not Sinic
>not still literally writing their own name in Chinese
Fucking weebs.

Attached: my sides kek face coffee.png (800x800, 108K)

If India gets crossed with Islamic then South Africa may as well be crossed with western.

>Indonesia in islamic.
But they're not animal savages.What did they do this?

Ur professor is gay, should have painted xinjiang striped islamic like india.

>Greenland
>Western

Attached: ajukutooq.jpg (217x234, 84K)

Attached: 6114037eab3d8954015fdda2eef972ca.jpg (704x396, 26K)

He said it was really controversial. Idk why Huntington separated Tibet but not Xinjiang though, I noticed that too.

>wahhhhhhh we are not chinese

Then why does everyone in the West get y’all confused?

Your culture is some weird American pop-Jap rapebaby- Chinese mashup.

RARE

Attached: eb4.jpg (600x486, 32K)

Xinjiang is majority Han though. Same for Tibet.

Huntington is just an idiot who literally made a meme map that now gets spammed everywhere like it is factual.

Orthodox is meaningless, Greeks/south slavs are western and russian empire also was historically (or at least larped as such). And islamic has non islamic cunts

This map is laughably bad and I got visibly angry in class like some autist. I tried to make an argument for the Turkic countries to have there own section instead of split between Muslim and Orthodox

t zhang

>latin american civilization

Attached: 1523406658344.png (513x1117, 934K)

dumb muslim monkey can't fathom why his insignificant tribal quarrel bears no weight on larger scale classifications

thousands of years of cultural separation

this

I am Takeshi, unironically though.

65% of Korean words are originally Chinese. Proven fact. Most of your family names come from Chinese princes and emperors, like Lee.
Hilarious seeing you peninsula gooks cry about that.

It's a map of civilizational groups. Huntingon never said that there cannot be conflicts within civilizations. In fact, hr predicted that islam would become the most divided civilization, because it is the only civilization without a clear core state.

Just like England #muhbrexit

>Thousands
>Song dynasty was thousands of years ago

Lol

Tell me if pic related is Chinese or Japanese.

Attached: 5B8B4792-886E-48F7-96C1-13B63279CC41.jpg (260x280, 33K)

Seems like a shitty map.

Firstly I would say the Islamic thing is too much of a blanket group. There's a lot of variation in the islamic world.

Secondly as someone else said, how are Spain and Argentina for example farther away than Spain and Finland? Doesn't make sense. Spain and Finland have nothing in common.

Thirdly Albania isn't even listed which means the author didn't even know how to classify an entire nation. Shows that his criteria isn't very malleable so to speak.

It looks like they are using religion. But then they don't want to share a civilization with the Chirstian part of Africa and Latin America so they just make them up.
In any case, Christianity should be divided into Catholic countries and heretic countries.

why is papua new guinea always western in these shit maps?

It was under European and Australian control for a long time, it also is dissimilar to the rest of SE Asia. I guess its kind of like the Guyanas in that regard.

Well, the only major one. But buddhist is relatively small and he predicted that a clear leading states will emerge in Africa and Latin America if those civilizations would become big players.

>BUT MUH 1000x folded "thousands of years of cultural separation"
>1000x folded years
>still write in Kanji
>1000x folded years
>still write name in Chinese
>1000x folded years
>still use Chinese phonics
>1000x folded years
>still use Confucianism and Chinese buddhism as society's moral foundation
KEK WEEBS

>Jamaica
>Belize
>Latin America
Ok. Now I am certain that this map belongs in the /trash/.

>65% of Korean words are originally Chinese. Proven fact.
youtu.be/DwWhs36HAMU
lol

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

>under european control
shitty reason and you know it
>also is dissimilar to the rest of SE Asia
and this magically turns them western?

I mean. Latin America was part of Spain/Portugal for around 3 centuries. So I don't see how the time it had as part of a western power explains it.

It is a shitty reason and I know it. Papua is the most diverse place in the world (with all the language groups) Also half the island is controlled by Indonesia

>youtube

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Korean_vocabulary
indiana.edu/~korean/E305/vocabmakeup.html
books.google.com/books?id=NN-yIdLOkCoC&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=sino korean words&source=bl&ots=qLX6dZ6Hnr&sig=g6ARRbFb3mAlhZmAL_ccOb1gwWk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjhg7yO7cnaAhVQU98KHdD0DRo4ChDoATAEegQIBhAB

65% of Korean words are originally Chinese. Sad!

Japanese is much purer than Korean rapelanguage.

well, not your map so not your fault, and yes, I think its a little off, specially regarding Latin America

puck yuo, we have also considered the Koreanic like Japanese

So that means that Koreans wuz Chinese KANGZ?

Attached: E9FA3E36-91D8-4D00-8B44-7E3FBECBE5AB.png (665x574, 266K)

definitely zhang

Chinese LARPers actually

They considered themselves the successors of Ming China after the Qing took over.

Not a Zhang, I swear. I am a Takeshi too :^)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_given_names

Literally all Chinese

>Western
Not for long. It will split three ways: European, Commonwealth realms, and special snowflake USA

>Sinic
Most pinoys have 1 chinese grandparent but they aren't culturally chinese at all. There's intense rivalry and mistrust between all these "Sinic" countries.

>Islamic
He just glossed over the shia-sunni divide which has been very violent since '75

>orthodox
dumb

>sub-saharan africa
lel

You are probably Chang.

I am actually born and raised from Hokkaido. I don’t like Koreans because they always attack Japan for no reason. Studying abroad like me, Chang?

t.

zhang

>wikipedia
nice source

Yeah.

Japan is unique and special

Japan still cann't live without borrowing Chinese characters, we're not
discuss over desu

latin america is a mess but it pretty much western culture with natives and 21/57th part whites larping as europeans.

Also japan as unique region doesn't really stand. Places like korea or taiwan are somewhat similar.

I think any dumb could be a internacional politics professor in America. This shit division even follow patterns

Amerimutt fanfic

I don't agree with this map it is pretty autistic

So your alphabet is what determines your culture? Every one of your words has a chinese origin

Attached: 1488936383489.gif (800x430, 564K)

t. Lee AKA Prince Li of Han

kys

>Kazakhstan
>Orthodox

It is the beacon of Orthodoxy

Attached: 90946f5e1dc52273c5f77c27c3cb9e6b.jpg (858x536, 97K)

Conflict part about this theory is just dumb.
This kind of conflicts are a thing of the past when Religion actually ruled countries.
Today Economy takes its place, I'd rather believe it being the barrier

chinese have tones,
we don't. leave us alone zhang

Attached: WALS_Tone.png (800x414, 333K)

If you have to choose between Middle East and Slavic nations, it's definitely belongs to the latter and therefore it labeled Orthodox I'd guess.
The map is not exaclty about religion.

muh american complex tone system

it's native things like you zhang

>Koreans always attack Japan for no reason
wtf I love Koreans now

soy

>Tfw part of Islamic and not African
Feels good mane

It's an anglo made map obvs.

Because people and cultures from places like Guatemala, Perú, Haiti and Tierra del Fuego are the same you know..

why is japan not part of sinic?

map was probably made by some weeb

Japan is too great to be sinic.
Also, even before modernization, Japan wasn't really in the Sinosphere aka Chinese tributary system; this is evident from the fact Japan has had its own emperor instead of a mere king enfeoffed by Chinese emperor, meaning that it didn't accept China's authority. On the other hand, countries like Korea can say they aren't sinic today only because they live in modern Asia created and defined by Japan where tributary system is no more and their independence was secured thanks to Japan; Japan created an Asia that isn't dependent on Chinese tributary system, and so, it has to be separated from Sinosphere as long as modern Asia exists.

Attached: 1498405035688.png (169x159, 43K)

>Japan is seperated from Sinic civilization
Yeah, totally makes sense

He’s not me, GI rapebaby

Please write that out in your own writing system.

Why don't we have Hindu and Sinic stripes?
Our civilisation culture is literally mixed with Hindu, Buddhism, Islam, and a bit of Confucianism.

Lol, your right Mohamed, but that land you live in used to be Nordic and one of the seeding forces of western civilization

にほんはザコいシナごときのなかまあつかいされるいわれはないよ
きんだいアジアはシナをレイプしたにほんがつくったんだからとうぜんだよね

Your fucking retarded mongoloid script is basically derived from chinkshit script, retard.

Attached: 1518792365612.gif (450x156, 7K)

>"Western"
>includes Australia

yup, your professor doesn't know shit about geography, much less about geopolitics

Kazakhstan wouldn't be orthodox, the country is 70% muslim.

most things are derived from something.
western (catholic/protestant) and orthodox civs for example are both derived from the same religion, yet they are separated on the map.
so what's the problem?

correct

That map is a map created by a Samuel P. Huntington (pic) in the 90s.

Because it was at the time of the bubble economy, so the evaluation of Japan was overrated
So unlike Korea and China, Japan was classified as a different civilization

Of course, that map bacome into a meme that only the Japanese and the weebs believed.

Attached: fuck-weeb.jpg (1024x721, 169K)

Why did he put Russia and the other in "Orthodox" civilization? What's "Orthodox" civilization? "Orthodox" countries are in "Antique" civilization group as well as "Western".
P.S. "Antique" means group of greece, Roman, ancient Egyption and partially Iran cultures.

The Shinto gate is really the only thing that's straight Japanese