Wakanda: What If It Were Real?

The more I hear about Wakanda and white privilege the more I couldn't help but question if this country existed should it too have problems with white privilege or the accusations of white privilege. I, honestly, cannot see how when they were a first world nation. Shouldn't they be experiencing first world problems like any other nation? Perhaps even worse than first world nations since they were more advanced than even the United States of America? Shouldn't whites and other ethnic groups be the ones complaining about "black privilege" since they were the ruling majority of the country? How would such a nation as Wakanda even relate to the issues that it gets associated with? Wouldn't they still frown upon African Americans like real Africans do today? This was seen in the movie when the villain tried to take over as chief and was only respected due to his Wakandan ancestry. He was looked down upon for being an American. I don't understand these arguments that use this fictitious country.

Also, why the fuck is this film not at my second-run theatre or even the main theatre near me. Usually films all go to the second-run theatre yet this one managed to evade it. This feels weird.

Attached: wakanda.png (1280x714, 881K)

I wish Wakanda was real. I don't know why, but having a technological city on a continent that isn't usually thought to have one just seems pretty bad ass. I love the comparison to El Dorado in the movie.

its not feasible for it to be real, technology is advanced incrementally by many great minds over many generations
a small isolationist country is not going to become the most advanced civilisation just because they have access to a harder than usual metal

This is a rhetorical scenario, bud, and OP isn't asking about how such a city-state could exist. He's asking about their social structure.

it cant exist in reality so you cannot determine what its social structure would be like in reality

to give a more complete answer, if a civilization has a leap forward in military technology like a hard metal they throughout all history start conquering their inferior neighbouring civilisations until the neighbouring civilisations can match or counter them
for wakanda to exist they would follow the same pattern and conquer a large area, just like any other conquering nation when brought to enlightenment they would try to right those wrongs
but wakanda isnt exactly enlightened since their system of leadership is a melee fight to the death so maybe they would just genocide everyone and not give a fuck about it

Are you retarded? Yeah, you can, it clearly exists within the realms for which it exists in.

Wakanda actually did start conquering inferior neighboring civilizations. They just never made it out of Africa. That is why most of their rivals are other tribes in the region. And I'm sure many Southern Americans would have loved a leadership system where it's a melee fight to the death.

I didn’t see the movie. Does Wakanda provide examples of good governance worth looking up to, like impartial judiciary, equitable laws, leaders submitting to rule of law and connection between freedom and responsibility?

> leaders submitting to rule of law
They all agree to that combat system that has been a tradition in their country for several years. So I would assume they do submit to rule of law.

> freedom and responsibility
The movie focused on what the country's responsibility is to the world due to their technological resources.

> impartial judiciary and equitable laws
Not sure about this one to be honest.

Have never watched the movie, but aren't they like Saudi Arabia?
A backwards absolute monarchy that got rich by selling vibrium to the west?

If Saudi Arabia had advanced technology and didn't remain in the dark ages that Europe found themselves departing when the renaissance occurred.

Bit of a shame imo. But I suppose it is entertainment first, and warms someone’s heart, that’s even better.

did they come up with the advanced technology independent from the west?

it don even madda wite boi, dey is KANGZX *wakanda salut*

Yeah, mostly because they were sitting on a large deposit of vibramiun (Capt. America's shield material).

>Wouldn't they still frown upon African Americans like real Africans do today

They did in the comics, I know some "people" here will try to deny it but they literally twist the entire source material to some black empowerment bullshit.

I am sure the world's most advanced African civilization won't throw around the words "slaves" and "colonists" given the fact that Wakandians has never been enslaved; Wakanda is so advanced compared to the rest of the world that minor achivements such as colonising 3rd-world countries is not something worth bragging about.

I wonder if they allow meds in. Everybody calls us niggers so...

Did Wakanda ever use slaves themselves in their history?

I am not sure, but I am certain that slaves is a subject Marvel will avoid elaborating on so I assume they probably don't use slaves.

This.

>wakanda isnt exactly enlightened

No government is enlightened.

Blacks were sitting on a large deposit of gold and never did anything with it until us whites told them it has value. Sure Wakanda wouldn't have done anything with vibramiun before the west told 'em it is useful.

Speaking of countries that shouldn't exist, but does because some Brits felt bad for how the holocaust went.