Redlands, California is sometimes called the "warehouse capital" of America...

Redlands, California is sometimes called the "warehouse capital" of America. Its location near several freeways at the eastern edge of the Los Angeles metro area makes it attractive to shipping companies, especially since land is much cheaper than in areas closer to downtown LA. Say something nice about it.

Attached: Redlands.jpg (1617x1078, 486K)

I'd let you fondly lick my scrotum, Redlands

Such a depressing landscape.

Looks like shit.

Every large city has industrial zones in the US, Canada and Australia. It's visible on google maps on satellite mode

why not just buy a property in downtown LA and build these warhouses on top of each other?

Aside from the fact that LA has no high rises to begin and that you'd have to pay to construct them yourself. Sky scrapers are tall, not wide. There would need to be a massive lift system that would take up a 1/3 of the floor space and that would cause massive organization problems. Also, the ceilings would be too low and you'd need 4 stories just to have 1 floor of space. So, unless you're growing cabbages in nutrient water under lamps, warehouses demand a lot of open space. Also the city would never let that fly. Too much truck traffic

The land is worth more as apartments or skyscrapers. Also, it's way more difficult to handle that much truck traffic in downtown LA, compared to a suburb.

Attached: Downtown LA.jpg (1600x982, 1.04M)

To continue. You could make a massive warehouse with 1 or 2 underground levels that use spiral ramps out different directions of the buildings. But, that would be super expensive

Why are American cities such urbanlets outside of New York? Literal no name Canadian cities got more vertical growth

Attached: 1733_b5ab32d1_NEW_WESTMINSTER.jpg (1124x750, 825K)

Holy shit bro I live in redlands and my heart dropped when I saw OP’s post.

AMA. Born and raised.

Attached: FBEA530B-35EF-4101-B9D0-2F001B321CC8.png (1743x966, 2.06M)

Which warehouse do you work at?

Amazon
Make 25 an hour doing nothing but plugging toasters into walls.

Attached: 64C165B0-086B-482E-ADDF-2E01D4A81CA7.jpg (736x691, 62K)

living the dream

Hate the "spire" on top of that tallest skyscraper. looks perpetually under construction.

>Say something nice about it.
despite the eyesore, it'd probably just be dried out bushes if nothing was developed there. better some ugly yet useful warehouses, than an ugly wild-fire hazard of dried out bushes.

>Dried out bushes
More like shit tons upon shittons of orange groves. The city is actually is extremely green with orange groves, not exactly your tumbleweed shit. If you go to downtown you can really feel the orange picker vibe, it’s quite comfy, the pizza there is amazing and lots of local bands go to play at the center near the bank of America. This place is quite quite comfy.

Attached: 373E7E9B-CDD6-4B47-B681-743CA13E86CA.jpg (2320x3088, 1.88M)

I adore coming here for some food after work. All the green really helps.

Attached: B9ACB7EE-0E28-441B-BDDA-FFED9DA77FAD.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

I find it comfy

I drive from Vegas to LA a lot and usually stop in one of these towns to take a break. Grab some In n Out burgers and sit in a parking lot in the shade and eat. Then I'm on my way. Wouldn't want to live out there.

Snobby ass private university where poor kids get kiked outta their money, quite unfortunate. This town is old as fuck though, I remember standing across from this building and shouting with my summer camp group, and listening back to our echos seconds later. Real good stuff.

Attached: DE28BEAB-36B9-4942-B7D1-2D9DBB128B99.jpg (634x332, 167K)

Citrus plaza, great cinema here with leather reclining seats, a better novelty movie experience.

We definitely have warehouses but you never notice them unless you drive to that area in OP’s picture, I drive there to work in the Amazon warhouse and it’s quite comfy with a local church nearby and endless orange groves.

Attached: F5B3355D-F8BD-4672-808F-7E18D57654CC.jpg (1016x677, 462K)