I missed the crypto train and this was my one chance to make money but you fucked it all up

I missed the crypto train and this was my one chance to make money but you fucked it all up.

FUCK YOU.

Attached: bearwojak.jpg (728x780, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUgD1RWw-8w
investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/maxreturnshortsale.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now is a good time to short.
Don't be the one who closes his short when everyone gets liquidated.

It's not too late, and I'm not meming. Think long term, there is a lot of profit to be made from here.

I hope so. I feel like such an idiot missing out on the crypto bullrun, hopefull we can short it all to zero and at least get 50% returns.

Obviously it's nothing compared to the 50,000% returns crypto investors got but it's something.

if you short it to zero then you would get 50,000% returns

I wish.

Unforunately that's not how shorting works.

From here to zero is -100%, so you would make 100% returns, double your money. Unless you use high leverage.

u wot m8?

The big crypto bull run is just starting right now though. What the hell are you talking about?

Are you talking about that stupid bear trap back in January? Lol nobody cares about that.

If you short something from $1000 to $500 it's dropped 50% so using 1x leverage you'd get 50% profit, $500.

If you longed something from $500 to $1000 it rose 100% so you'd get 100% profit, $1000.

100% profit is $500 in the second case not $1000.

if something drops to half its price and you are in tether during that drop you end up being able to buy twice the amount you had before when you buy back in

Yeah but it's worth half the amount in USD.

no, it's worth the exact same amount in USD

Here, have a song...
youtube.com/watch?v=PUgD1RWw-8w

It desribes the future of CRYPTO so don't worry, we're going to be fine and make lots of money

Attached: Crypto Substance CRYPTOPOLAND.png (680x670, 1.18M)

ITT American education

Attached: b90.png (645x729, 91K)

get rekt normie. I'll be nice and tell you can try shorting at 8400 but no guarantees you won't get univocally rekt again

You've bought back twice the amount of crypto, but the crypto is worth half what it was when you sold it.

investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/maxreturnshortsale.asp

> The simple answer is that the maximum return of any short sale investment is in fact 100%.

But you have double of it... are you trolling?

We all wish that shorting from $1000 to $20,000 would net us 20x profits, but those kind of profits are reserved for those assholes who got in early.

Us late adopters have to settle for our meagre sub 100% high risk returns by shorting.

You sell 1 BTC for $20k.

You buy back 20BTC at $1k.

You still just have $20k.

That's the point I was trying to make.

not if you sell a bitcoin future

because then it goes back up you dense fuck

What it does after the fact has nothing to do with a discussion about the ROI on shorting.

Attached: 1519959577486s.jpg (125x116, 2K)

if you aren't using futures or it never goes back up in value, then you don't even make 50% like you were claiming. you make no profit at all

He's right, you can make at most 100% of the position size (in fiat!) on a single short trade. What are you even trying to say?

Of course you can sell more on the way down to make even more money. For example if an asset would have every month, you would make 50% of the position size every month, so if you increase your position size on the way down (by shorting more) the amount of money you can make is unlimited.

People always post these images in disucssions about the ROI of shorting because they can't do basic maths.

>the amount of money you can make is unlimited
so infinite money in other words?

Of course not, because there's only a finite amount of BTC to short.

why do you guys find it so hard to grasp this stuff?

Not to late to buy Vivo

1: the maximum return on a non-leveraged short position is 100% (like he said).
2: What you do AFTER you close your position has nothing to do with the maximum return on your position.

How can you be trading cryptos and not even understand how shorts work. The absolute state of Biz. Way too big egos, way too small brains.

Not too late buy ETHORSE

this is not shorting